You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:10pm

Quick question: If you have RP2 gems disabled as per the install instructions, what is the intended method to get Chrome for advanced machineblocks? Gregtech gems don't seem to spawn in anywhere near common enough to make the Fusion plant achievable, and even if you do leave RP2 gems on it still requires an incredible quantity of them.

We are trying to build a Fusion plant totally legit using MIndCrack but with Advanced Solars disabled (because a cost benefit analysis between the two makes the Fusion plant a joke), but some parts don't make sense. I'm also dubious that anybody could ever collect enough Ender Pearls without something like Soul Shards letting you set up an autofarm, even with access to the End. 52.5 stacks of Ender Pearls is just absolutely insane.

It is amazing to see just how much terrain must be destroyed to build a single plant though. I can't imagine doing this without the other mods to help out. Without TE's tessaracts the 60ish full quarries we need to run would be a big hassle. Without Soul Shards I don't know how you would ever get close to enough Ender Dust. Without Railcraft you'd be totally up a creek because everything wants to use the Rolling Machine even though everybody hates the Rolling Machine because it is dumb.

Ironically, the big reason to build the Fusion plant was to have enough energy to run the Matter Fab, but in order to build it we've had to make enough UU to build every tool we might have wanted anyway. The Fusion plant's costs are so high that if you can build it, it's already redundant!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jandrese" (Mar 19th 2013, 7:17pm)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:24pm

Quick question: If you have RP2 gems disabled as per the install instructions, what is the intended method to get Chrome for advanced machineblocks? Gregtech gems don't seem to spawn in anywhere near common enough to make the Fusion plant achievable, and even if you do leave RP2 gems on it still requires an incredible quantity of them.

We are trying to build a Fusion plant totally legit using MIndCrack but with Advanced Solars disabled (because a cost benefit analysis between the two makes the Fusion plant a joke), but some parts don't make sense. I'm also dubious that anybody could ever collect enough Ender Pearls without something like Soul Shards letting you set up an autofarm, even with access to the End. 52.5 stacks of Ender Pearls is just absolutely insane.

It is amazing to see just how much terrain must be destroyed to build a single plant though. I can't imagine doing this without the other mods to help out. Without TE's tessaracts the 60ish full quarries we need to run would be a big hassle. Without Soul Shards I don't know how you would ever get close to enough Ender Dust. Without Railcraft you'd be totally up a creek because everything wants to use the Rolling Machine even though everybody hates the Rolling Machine because it is dumb.

Ironically, the big reason to build the Fusion plant was to have enough energy to run the Matter Fab, but in order to build it we've had to make enough UU to build every tool we might have wanted anyway. The Fusion plant's costs are so high that if you can build it, it's already redundant!
Dude, 52 stacks of Enderpearls is nothing. Spend like 20 Silver on Athame's, bring a few people, hand under some 2 block high walls and Just anger all the endermanz, then dump loot in chests. In about an hour i got 40 stacks on my own, although i was using the nanosaber instead of athames, i had to go back and forth with the Servers Cheaty keepinvondeath :P Might of been easier if we killed the dragon instead of sealing it in a gaint force field.
GT Textures: 281/~470 (60%) Complete.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:30pm

Not sure what an Athame is, so maybe its better, but: Sword of the zephyr, can hit 4 or 5 endermen at once. Repair enchant won't work in the End, so you will eventually have to trip back to spawn for the free repair, but that means you're always working with Looting.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:31pm

40 stacks in an hour? You were killing 3.5 Endermen per second the entire time? I don't know how your server is configured, but on mine Endermen don't spawn anywhere near that frequently, even in the End.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:33pm

I put it at one enderman every 5.6 seconds, less with Looting enchants.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:34pm

Not sure what an Athame is, so maybe its better, but: Sword of the zephyr, can hit 4 or 5 endermen at once.
It's from RP2. It's a cheap weapon (1 silver 1 stick) designed to kill Endermen quickly, because Elorram really hates Endermen. Doesn't have great durability though, so you have to recraft it a lot and enchants end to be wasted on it.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:36pm

Yeah, Sword of the zephyr then, with power IV and looting II I tend to grab about a stack a minute of ender killing, though I alternate with mining, so there's no spawn rate gap.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:37pm

40 stacks in an hour? You were killing 3.5 Endermen per second the entire time? I don't know how your server is configured, but on mine Endermen don't spawn anywhere near that frequently, even in the End.
You miscalculated. A Stack of Pearls is 16, not 64. That makes 10.6 Endermen per Minute.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:37pm

I put it at one enderman every 5.6 seconds, less with Looting enchants.
Wait, I forgot that it's 16 pearls per stack, so it's actually 160 stacks.

Still: 40 stacks is 640 pearls. Pearls have a 20% drop rate, so you need to kill 3200 endermen. There are 3600 seconds in an hour, so it's still about 1 Enderman per second.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:39pm

Yeah, Sword of the zephyr then, with power IV and looting II I tend to grab about a stack a minute of ender killing, though I alternate with mining, so there's no spawn rate gap.
How much mining do you do in the End? There's not much there, at least not on the big island.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:39pm

You can centrifuge redstone to get ruby dust and you can get redstone by centrifuging netherack dust.

That process is best started early though as it is slow as heck.

Also if you have extra bees you can make bees that make ruby combs that net you tiny ruby dust piles.

Ender pearls were a joke to get with access to End. I had a 2x8x4 spot farm in the void and it nets more than enough pearls while you idle there an evening.

Forecaster

Tree Miner

• "Forecaster" is male

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:42pm

Another Question: Who uses Computercraft for anything else than overpowered Mob-Killer-Turtles?

I use it for controlling my nuclear reactor.
Railcraft Boiler Calculator(Now updated to 8.3!)

Minecraft Online ID Resolver BETA! Come discuss/report bugs in #towerofawesome @ esper.net

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:45pm

You can centrifuge redstone to get ruby dust and you can get redstone by centrifuging netherack dust.

That process is best started early though as it is slow as heck.

Also if you have extra bees you can make bees that make ruby combs that net you tiny ruby dust piles.

Ender pearls were a joke to get with access to End. I had a 2x8x4 spot farm in the void and it nets more than enough pearls while you idle there an evening.
We've not had much luck on the bees thus far thanks to a capricious RNG, but that Netherrack->Redstone path looks promising. It's not like everything in Gregtech doesn't require centrifuging tens of thousands of blocks already. Netherrack is not exactly hard to get. We already have a big bank of fuges hooked to a liquid tessaract (so cheaty!) that extract copper and other metals from lava because even with the crazy number of quarries we're running that copper requirement was steep.

I assume the path is one of those "centrifuge 16 dust to get 1 tiny dust of what you want plus a bunch of crappy useless cells after 20 minutes (my favorite are compressed air cells), then combines those dusts into a full size dust, take 16 of those and get 1 tiny dust of what you finally want after another 40 minutes" paths right? It wouldn't be Gregtech without that.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:49pm

How much mining do you do in the End? There's not much there, at least not on the big island.
There's plenty, as long as you aren't after sheldonite (I'm stripping it of sodalite in order to stockpile sodium whatsit). Take an OD scanner so you know where you'll find stuff below the surface (and for the love of god don't mine a block you're standing on).

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:54pm

There's plenty, as long as you aren't after sheldonite (I'm stripping it of sodalite in order to stockpile sodium whatsit). Take an OD scanner so you know where you'll find stuff below the surface (and for the love of god don't mine a block you're standing on).
Generally anytime we care about getting minerals we just pull in a Quarry with a couple of Tessaracts now. Mining by hand takes too long when you're talking about dozens of stacks of anything, unless it's Netherrack and you have an Advanced Drill or something.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 7:54pm

There is still tons of Sheldonite there, just on the meteorites. Bring jetpack and plenty of Fuel/EU for it.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 8:30pm

There is still tons of Sheldonite there, just on the meteorites. Bring jetpack and plenty of Fuel/EU for it.
I was referring specifically to the platform. As for quarries, sodalite is a limited resource (sans asteroid mining, and I'm not terribly thrilled with getting out of sight of the main platform with only a jetpack to keep me alive), so rock cutting it is necessary to get the full value.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 8:39pm

V2.90c:
Added tons of moreless funny/useful Tooltips for my Machines/Items
Added Michael Jackson Support for Energy Consuming Machines. No, Buffers won't output any MJ and the MJ is never getting converted to EU! Rate is the standard 2.5EU:1MJ
Added a few Railcraft related Recipes.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

Sinnaj63

That weird guy with like over 1,000 posts that still somehow remains obscure. Odd.

• "Sinnaj63" is male

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 8:47pm

Awesome! Now City 63 can be powered from the MJ, which is 0%!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 8:47pm

V2.90c:
Added tons of moreless funny/useful Tooltips for my Machines/Items
Added Michael Jackson Support for Energy Consuming Machines. No, Buffers won't output any MJ and the MJ is never getting converted to EU! Rate is the standard 2.5EU:1MJ
Added a few Railcraft related Recipes.
So i can use Energy conduits and Combustion engines? I dont like that change, they are two different power systems :P

Counter:

Hits today: 9,312 | Hits yesterday: 20,238 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 35,374,513