You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 7:28pm

Hey Greg, can you please add a nerf removing vanilla infinite cobblestone generation, similar to the one you do for infinite water?

Even if all it did was make them yield glass instead of stone/cobblestone, it would be nice... (making them yield air obviously would cause unnecessary lag)
The water should just be turned into stone, allowing the lava to spread and trading a water block for a stone ;p
GT Textures: 281/~470 (60%) Complete.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

hoho

Uranium Miner

• "hoho" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 7:54pm

The water should just be turned into stone, allowing the lava to spread and trading a water block for a stone ;p
I like the general idea but what if the water and lava source blocks are at height 200 and they get close enough to generate cobble at height 10?

Perhaps remove the ability for flowing liquids to generate cobble and replace lava + water source block = stone into cobble?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor and GT Public Relations Manager

• "SpwnX" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:19pm

Just make it generate a "stone" like block, which can't be harvested by any means, although i wonder if it can be done without touching MC base code, like the anti-infinitewater does.
Although i would dislike a bit the fact i wouldnt be able to make my stone-glass-sand-whateverhasmainlystoneasderivative factory.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:20pm

hey greg, i know you cant do anything about id conflicts but could you make it so that it prints out which id conflicts with which in the log?

hoho

Uranium Miner

• "hoho" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:23pm

hey greg, i know you cant do anything about id conflicts but could you make it so that it prints out which id conflicts with which in the log?
This is done by forge already, greg simply forces a crash to happen when it does.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:30pm

This is done by forge already, greg simply forces a crash to happen when it does.
Actually, this is done by vanilla Minecraft, I think. Or Risugamis old Modloader had that Feature inbuilt back then in 1.2.5.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

hoho

Uranium Miner

• "hoho" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:45pm

Not quite sure if it's the same thing but I get messages like that when I have a conflict:

Quoted

2013-07-18 22:40:31 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod HungerOverhaul is overwriting existing item at 141 (net.minecraft.block.BlockCarrot from Minecraft) with net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock
2013-07-18 22:40:31 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ -114 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@48c1cc2 while adding net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock@ab406e3
To me it looks like if both vanilla and FML report things getting overridden.

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:46pm

Question:

Do covers prevent blocks animation from eating fps?

Meaning if I make a massive array of Centrifuges and cover them fully in covers will that completely remove their animation or will they be still running the animation just not visibly?
Yes, they of couse do! I think the best cover for that is the vent one!
Sinnaj, the Vent Covers are animated, this would ofcourse not prevent Animations from happening, unless you use the one not animated Vent. :P

for the Question: Only rendered Sides are causing the Lag. If you put a (not animated) Cover on all the visible Sides of the Centrifuge the Lag will vanish.

Actually animations cost nothing because its handled globally by the texturepack. Every time its time for the next frame of the animation, Minecraft swaps out that texture in the texturesheet with the next texture. Thus there is a fixed cost for the animation, no matter how many blocks use that animation. The only time an animation would cost something if it didn't use the standard texture animation system or if a modder added checks every so often to enable/disable the animation depending upon the progress of the machine.
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech
Unofficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 8:57pm

Spoiler Spoiler

Question:

Do covers prevent blocks animation from eating fps?

Meaning if I make a massive array of Centrifuges and cover them fully in covers will that completely remove their animation or will they be still running the animation just not visibly?
Yes, they of couse do! I think the best cover for that is the vent one!
Sinnaj, the Vent Covers are animated, this would ofcourse not prevent Animations from happening, unless you use the one not animated Vent. :P

for the Question: Only rendered Sides are causing the Lag. If you put a (not animated) Cover on all the visible Sides of the Centrifuge the Lag will vanish.

Actually animations cost nothing because its handled globally by the texturepack. Every time its time for the next frame of the animation, Minecraft swaps out that texture in the texturesheet with the next texture. Thus there is a fixed cost for the animation, no matter how many blocks use that animation. The only time an animation would cost something if it didn't use the standard texture animation system or if a modder added checks every so often to enable/disable the animation depending upon the progress of the machine.

Then explain why fully automated fusion reactor causes massive fps hit.

used AE to automate it and AE cable animations were off, nothing else in the world and it was localized to the centrifuge array.

On that note I guess it's time to rebuild the test word reactor and see if covers really help with the lag.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 9:01pm

If you wanna really just disable the Centrifuge Animation, just make a small Texture Pack or remove the animation from the Texture inside the zip. I dont know why the vanilla Animation System causes that massive lag, but it in fact even hits me strong enough to just disable Texture Animations via Optifine.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 9:07pm

If you wanna really just disable the Centrifuge Animation, just make a small Texture Pack or remove the animation from the Texture inside the zip. I dont know why the vanilla Animation System causes that massive lag, but it in fact even hits me strong enough to just disable Texture Animations via Optifine.
Config to disable ONLY GregTech texture animations ?
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 9:13pm

Its not just my Animations causing that. Any Animation causes it.

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 9:22pm

Hey Greg, I have an idea for a new way to unlock the recipe for the Magic Energy converter and absorber. Maybe, you could make it so those require thaumcraft research. (if thaumcraft is installed) So, what do you think?

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 9:29pm

Its not just my Animations causing that. Any Animation causes it.
I know, but that config would be for GT users which has several fusion reactors, centrifuges, turbines... and don't want to lose other mods animations.

@above : Adding to it, you could add a magitech variation of the nether star, because that thing is really NOT accessible in decent quantities (unless you use cheaty farming mods), greatly hindering the magitech crossmod interaction it provides.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (Jul 18th 2013, 9:34pm)

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 9:55pm

The anti-wood nerf code has been re-added to TConstruct. It is configurable; do not mess with my config, alter behavior based on the change, touch TConstruct with GregTech, and especially do not crash the game. I would rather not escalate from here, but I will not sit idly by while you harm end-users with malicious code. My mods are strictly a hands-off affair to you, GregoriousT.

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 10:15pm

The anti-wood nerf code has been re-added to TConstruct. It is configurable; do not mess with my config, alter behavior based on the change, touch TConstruct with GregTech, and especially do not crash the game. I would rather not escalate from here, but I will not sit idly by while you harm end-users with malicious code. My mods are strictly a hands-off affair to you, GregoriousT.
Thank you based mDiyo! Smite the evil that is SmegmaDreck! MinecraftNotch

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 10:19pm

I don't know why anti-wood nerf code by your part is even required, if users can turn the GT wood nerf off within GT config.

99.9% of users that were whining/flaming about gregtech-tinkerconstruct behavior were doing that just for the sake of whining/flaming and call for "justice" that never existed at all.
This is for the majority of FTB users as they use pretty much outdated TC and GT versions.
Its just hypocritical to blame someone for something that didn't even happen to affect you in ANY way, the majority of flaming users didn't even get the crash.
Thats why i didn't give a single fuck about this whole drama, "eating popcorn" while defending gregs side was fun.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (Jul 18th 2013, 10:27pm)

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 10:23pm

The point of a mod pack is combined mod stability, between not just one, but many mods. So no, no mod pack is using "bleeding-edge" releases of either pack. But we're pretty close. GT updates daily. Sometimes multiple times.

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 10:25pm

I don't know why anti-wood nerf code by your part is even required, if users can turn the GT wood nerf off within GT config.

99.9% of users that were whining/flaming about gregtech-tinkerconstruct behavior were doing that just for the sake of whining/flaming and call for "justice" that never existed at all.
This is for the majority of FTB users as they use pretty much outdated TC and GT versions.
Its just hypocritical to blame someone for something that didn't even happen to affect you in ANY way.
Thats why i didn't give a single fuck about this whole drama, "eating popcorn" while defending gregs side was fun.
Could your nose be any browner?

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 10:27pm

Quoted from "SpwnX"

Quoted from "mDiyo"

Its just hypocritical to blame someone for something that didn't even happen to affect you in ANY way.

Could your nose be any browner?
This has nothing to do with brownnosing , he is simply right . Why would you change a configurable feature by hacking ?

Counter:

Hits today: 1,648 | Hits yesterday: 725 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 34,289,630