You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 3:04am

Best source of Bio Chaff?

Right now I'm using some pumpkin crops. I break them into seeds. you need twice as many seeds to get chaff as compared to most plants, however one pumpkin gives 4 seeds.

I'm working on a project, I need a ton of biochaff, when I'm setting up my cropmatron, harvestor, what crop am I best off surrounding them with?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:14am

Sugarcane does the best job. It grows very fast and yields alot more.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:17am

Thank you :)

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:42am

Oh yeah, the sugar works great! How far does a harvestotron reach? I saw a post on here that says 11x11, but it seems more like 4-6

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 4:58am

It should be a 11x11 centered on the harvester. The cropmatron is a 9x9.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 5:11am

Silly me, I was thinking 11 in each direction. Thank you.

Diti

OCD Chest Opener

• "Diti" is male

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 6:20am

This along with some buildcraft pipes gives more sugarcane than you can pump into a compacting recycler. I use some of it on the side for biogas.
I have found that you need a surprisingly small amount of biochaff to run a nice setup.

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 3:57pm

Nice. Thanks for showing me that. I had a vague idea about sugar and scrap, but I'll use this very thing, it's great. Now with my new Nuclear Biogas 5x5 I'll have enough scrap to make serious UU liquid :)

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 5:22pm

You can also make CropBreeding to increase the amount of yeld and groth a little bit.
The max amount it can get on each number is by the way 31. (To get it that high take a while but when you have it you get so much that nothing can keep up harvesting it).