You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Foghrye4

Iron Miner

• "Foghrye4" is male

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 6:14pm

Roger that.

Sliderpro

Industrial maniac

• "Sliderpro" is male
  • Russian Federation

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 7:30pm

I finally bought minecraft. I should have done after Alpha, when it was priced around 5$, not now with 25$ price tag.

So, hi. Greg, how ure doing?

So, now the boring part. I myself found, that after rushing through Gregtech and Ic2 and somewhere near the fusion stuff, I find myself pretty broken. Not the first time already. Why would I want to go further? Really strong points before - were to get into highest tier of processing. Fast ore macerating, siphoning, mass produce something, build some brain-scratching multiblock stuff, get some really cool tools. But after that is mostly done - I feel like I have completed the game and I have nowhere to go and really nothing to do, maybe some gold ocean swimming or stuff like that. I ve done fusion several times to discover that I really dont need it for both power and resource generating - it doesnt change my gameplay in any way sighnificant, compared to, for example, getting steel.
I have no real suggestions for this one (and I play GT5 if that matters), but really. GT probably need some Super Sayan God and Super Sayan God Super Sayan level stuff and more of this stuff. so it wouldnt feel like I waste time on fusion to get item 1,2,3 and thats it.

No, I really mean that I like climbing to the top process, but gregtech is so strongly focused on getting to the top, that when you are there you feel like there is nothing more to do, you can close the game and do something else

Wednesday, December 9th 2015, 8:52pm

I finally bought minecraft. I should have done after Alpha, when it was priced around 5$, not now with 25$ price tag.

So, now the boring part. I myself found, that after rushing through Gregtech and Ic2 and somewhere near the fusion stuff, I find myself pretty broken. Not the first time already. Why would I want to go further? Really strong points before - were to get into highest tier of processing. Fast ore macerating, siphoning, mass produce something, build some brain-scratching multiblock stuff, get some really cool tools. But after that is mostly done - I feel like I have completed the game and I have nowhere to go and really nothing to do, maybe some gold ocean swimming or stuff like that. I ve done fusion several times to discover that I really dont need it for both power and resource generating - it doesnt change my gameplay in any way sighnificant, compared to, for example, getting steel.
I have no real suggestions for this one (and I play GT5 if that matters), but really. GT probably need some Super Sayan God and Super Sayan God Super Sayan level stuff and more of this stuff. so it wouldnt feel like I waste time on fusion to get item 1,2,3 and thats it.

No, I really mean that I like climbing to the top process, but gregtech is so strongly focused on getting to the top, that when you are there you feel like there is nothing more to do, you can close the game and do something else

Most games with tech progression suffer from that problem, the way you work around it is make every achivement harder to get, but can get tedious if just shear grinding is involved.
Adding super god level items, wouldn't make sense for GT, as it is grounded in reality(more or less), and god tier items would stand out to much.
However GT does need something (In GT5) after fusion, but that can be balanced out with other mods, to which you can dedicate your time, so you don't get stuck on same thing and can do something else.

Thursday, December 10th 2015, 12:36pm

well

i absolutlly agree with you and so there are lots of other mods to have fun with

like civilization or millenaire mod to build your city,empire if you are into dungeon you can have fun with chocolate quest mod and such

and there are even a mod that you can marry a npc and have child if you look for mod you will realize there are many way to get fun in minecraft

minecraft is not all for tech stuff you know...

Briareos81

Tree Cutter

• "Briareos81" is male

Thursday, December 10th 2015, 4:17pm

Besides all that. "The Path is the target" Is what most contet in every game is about. The journey from wooden Tools to a big factory, that has everything automated. tinkering and tweaking everything to the max. Thats the real goal for me. An when i achieved all that. I start playing with magic/rpg mods...And then i start again punching wood.... :D

Or as an alternative: Play on a server with other people that fit your gamestyle. Thats adding more content than any other mod :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Briareos81" (Dec 10th 2015, 4:23pm)

Thursday, December 10th 2015, 9:46pm

If you want to solve the endgame problem, you just gotta make something super epic that requires achieving silly fusion levels of power. Say... hiding a stargate somewhere underground in a 10km radius around spawn and to get it working again would require a fusion reactor. Then you can relegate a lot of content from other mods like twilight forest and stuff to dimensions only accessible through stargates.
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech
Unofficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech

blub01

The Dude who doesn't play minecraft but is frequently active on a forum for a minecraft mod(guess which, it is IMPOSSIBLE COUGH COUGH to figure out)

• "blub01" is male

Friday, December 11th 2015, 2:44pm

there is a reason most games are about contest of some kind or the other.
Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

mtesseract

Tree Cutter

• "mtesseract" is male

Friday, December 11th 2015, 9:11pm

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded
No it isn't. Minecraft is written in Java. Java and JavaScript are 2 different languages.

Edit:
If it would help, Pahimar (maker of EE2 and EE3), VSWE (Maker of SC/SW/SFM) and MineMaarten (Maker of Pneumaticraft) have some good tutorials.
VSWE's basic java tutorials would be a good point to start, and after that you could switch to Pahimar's or VSWE's own modding tutorials.
Minemaarten goes a bit further in his tutorials in that he teaches about VCS (can come in handy), Cross-mod support, API's and other things. But that is more advanced stuff.

(I hope my comment is a bit more helpful like that :P )

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mtesseract" (Dec 11th 2015, 9:22pm)

Nexey_

Hot glue eater

• "Nexey_" is male
  • France

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 5:47am

Wait what I'm not banned
But that proves I still need to learn those codes xD GRAG
Thanks mtesseract. Thanks Greg for letting me know those codes are different (using your own way)

Quoted

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 2:18pm

Didn't Greg say that wooden pipes should be craftable but that he forgot to add the recipes? Two versions ago?

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 7:01pm

energy crystal

the red diamond looking thing is nuffed right?
i tried to make one in c2 compreser and i couldn't even put the red dusts in it
so i checked the recipe and it says it needs 256 eu ish / tick
the question is do i need to make high tier machine or is there another way to make it?

and another question the energy providers(KU,RU) have effiecincy like 50% or higher
does this mean the machine produces only 50% of the energy value in the tooltip

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "doswls1" (Dec 12th 2015, 7:20pm)

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 11:34pm

and another question the energy providers(KU,RU) have effiecincy like 50% or higher
does this mean the machine produces only 50% of the energy value in the tooltip

1EU=1KU,1RU, ETC. the 50% effiecency only kicks in if you convert from one to another. so a compressor recipe that needs 256/EU/t will need 256KU/t.
Gregtech 5 & 6 tutorials and game play
https://www.youtube.com/user/aBear989

Sunday, December 13th 2015, 1:15am

Suggestion: If you put a block in front of a burning box, the fire inside goes out due to a lack of oxygen.
That is already the case.
I take it just takes a while with the air already inside? As my burning box just seems to keep burning with dirt in front of it.

Sunday, December 13th 2015, 4:47am

Suggestion: If you put a block in front of a burning box, the fire inside goes out due to a lack of oxygen.
That is already the case.
I take it just takes a while with the air already inside? As my burning box just seems to keep burning with dirt in front of it.

The burning box burns each item fully. It only checks for air when it attempts to start burning the next item.
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech
Unofficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech

mtesseract

Tree Cutter

• "mtesseract" is male

Sunday, December 13th 2015, 6:39am

3D Models

Will you add 3D models for all machines? The pipes, sifting table and the other "machines" with 3d models look great. Or will there be a way for other people to add them or help you with them. I know what most machines look like in real life and I know a bit about 3d modelling. I wouldn't mind helping with that if it would be possible/needed.

Monday, December 14th 2015, 12:32am

Will you add 3D models for all machines? The pipes, sifting table and the other "machines" with 3d models look great. Or will there be a way for other people to add them or help you with them. I know what most machines look like in real life and I know a bit about 3d modelling. I wouldn't mind helping with that if it would be possible/needed.

No! Bad idea, with a scale most people use GT machinery, they rendered simply for a reason, and adding fancy rendering will slow down rendering of GT machines, which in turn will reduce number of comfortable machinery, which can be placed around player without causing graphical lag.
Also if Greg would want to add 3d stuff I am sure he would handle it easier.

Monday, December 14th 2015, 3:05pm

Yeah I think the animations on the machines look really nice already, you understand by looking at it what it's doing.

Is there any reason HU from IC2 and Gregtech are not interchangeable?

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Monday, December 14th 2015, 5:06pm

Yeah I think the animations on the machines look really nice already, you understand by looking at it what it's doing.
Yup, that was the intention.
Is there any reason HU from IC2 and Gregtech are not interchangeable?
That one is a bit complicated. hU and kU from IC² have no Energy Net like EU has, meaning I would need to do a shitton of inefficient Code to make it work, since it is a pull based System and not a push based one.

That was originally also the reason why one needed Transformers in GT5 to accept IC² Power, since if I did that with my Cables I would have had to check, if there are IC² emitters around, every tick.

The best possible System is just letting the Network decide about the pull and push of Energy (like EU from IC²), the second best is just pushing Energy so that it only lags if you supply power (like GT), and the worst is pulling Energy because in that case every inactive Machine would lag (like hU and kU from IC²).
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Monday, December 14th 2015, 10:40pm

I'm not sure when it changed... but the recipe for magnetite in the crucible seems a bit excessive at the moment. 3 iron from 21 tiny piles of magnetite (or 6 with carbon!) means that 1378kg of material going in gives 2622kg of material out... or with carbon, 1001kg going in results in a whopping 5244kg coming out.

Not sure if the mass numbers are intended to be representative, but even so, magnetite only using 1 dark ash for 3 iron seems to suddenly make iron very easy... was this intentional?

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 1:52am

It's been a while since I've tried GT6 but is there any plan to add a way to click around blocks, pipes, and wires that don't take up the entire block? For the cover system to work this would have be some sort of mode that is toggleable.

Counter:

Hits today: 18,698 | Hits yesterday: 35,349 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,350,138