You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 7:59am

How do you set off a nuke?

Yea i know im a noob in IC2 and i dont know how to set it off in the 1.6.4 Experimental version. When i click on it, it opens a menu with a kind of explosion interface. Ive tried using Levers,Redstone Torches and flint but they wont go off. Please dont flame if i put this in the wrong section i just signed up to post this.

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:16am

The interface has slots that must be filled.

The center slot takes nuclear material. Pretty much any kind will work, except for crafted reactor fuel; explosion power is different for different materials, though (plutonum makes the biggest boom IIRC). You can also put more than one item in, up to an entire stack, to increase explosion power.

The outer slots take industrial TNT. One piece will fill all outer slots with one each, and again, you can insert up to a stack to improve explosion power.

After you have both the compression TNT and the nuclear material inserted, you have a fully functional nuclear warhead that can be set off by a redstone signal, like normal TNT. It's advised that you run ;)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:38am

This goes in the Support thread btw ^^
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 12:16pm

Try placing 64 amount of Tiny Pile of Uranium 235 in the core and 64 each of ITNT in the sides

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 12:53pm

Try placing 64 amount of Tiny Pile of Uranium 235 in the core and 64 each of ITNT in the sides
It's 2015. This was posted in October of the year before last.

Monday, February 15th 2016, 7:46pm

64 plutonium and 64 Industrial TNT=

Here's what you get if you put 64 plutonium and 64 Industrial TNT into a nuke:
2016-02-15_14.44.44.png

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, February 15th 2016, 8:01pm

Here's what you get if you put 64 plutonium and 64 Industrial TNT into a nuke:
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=6139
It's 2016. This was posted in October of the year before, before last.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 10:03am

Note that the explosion power is capped for performance reasons, you'll have to edit the config to see more effect ;)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 11:03pm

if it weren't capped at 200, what value would the explosion power reach?

Maybe add an addendum that makes the nuke vanish undestroyable blocks aswell if the explosion power is too high? everything, including the drops.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 11:07pm

if it weren't capped at 200, what value would the explosion power reach?
As high as the RAM you've got allows, the usage goes crazy high quite quickly though.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 11:31pm

I meant an actual number for comparison, also could simply "delete" chunks in large scale, slowly.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 6:45am

no chunk deleting, 1. that would remove bedrock, 2. people with Force Fields or warded stuff will be pissed.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 11:33am

64 ITNT and 64 Pu yield an explosion power of 911, which is equivalent to a radius of 1822 air blocks.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 11:37am

911? seriously Player XD
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 12:02pm

Yes, unintentional :P

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 1:07pm

no chunk deleting, 1. that would remove bedrock, 2. people with Force Fields or warded stuff will be pissed.
Buuut that would be the intention of having a so powerful nuke. Destroy your world. Entirely.
At least remove everything but bedrock.

Of course such ability to destroy "undestroyable" blocks would only be achieved with explosion power > 500 or some other high number.
Configurable (set to values higher than 1000 to disable that, for example)

Saturday, March 12th 2016, 1:29am

I did some testing....

warded stuff
I went and experimented if warded stuff got blown up, and it turns out in a dirt sphere, the ground to the sides get blown out in a weird shape, [img]/Users/alec/Desktop/Nuke Effect.png[/img]

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Saturday, March 12th 2016, 4:14pm

warded stuff
I went and experimented if warded stuff got blown up, and it turns out in a dirt sphere, the ground to the sides get blown out in a weird shape, [img]/Users/alec/Desktop/Nuke Effect.png[/img]

If you want others to be able to see the picture, you'll need to attach it, or to upload it to an image hosting site first.

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 4:43pm

Thanks for the help, i figured that part might not work the best. But the nuke thing looked like four sides got blown out in a staircase, and the warded sphere was entirely intact (p.s. the sphere was made of dirt
Alecazam2005 has attached the following file:
  • Nuke Effect.png (4.08 MB - 2,026 times downloaded - latest: Yesterday, 10:27pm)

Counter:

Hits today: 2,556 | Hits yesterday: 35,349 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,333,996