You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 9:43am

Problems with condensers

I just ran into the craziest issue

I have a 5X5 reactor, on the S side, I have 2 power plants

Each one consists of
2 heat exchangers, powering 1 steam generator, feeding two turbines with a condenser on the last turbine, fluid ejectors in all of them

it works as it should, condensation gets sucked up out of the last turbine by the condenser, and some how by osmosis, it migrates it back up the chain to the steam generator
the closed loop works, aside from some gradual loss, which is realistic.

Ok now on the W side, I duplicated the set up for 2 more power plants (800 Hu reactor)
all should be well right?

But it isn't, the condensers are not working, the end turbines fill up with water and shut down, the front turbines remain water free.
I have double checked that I have all blocks facing the correct way except the condensers which don't appear to be turnable as if I wrench them, they just break regardless of what side I wrench,and everything, made sure they have the correct parts in them etc.

It is set up exactly how the S side is, but does not work.
I have even torn it all apart and rebuilt it, but it does the same thing.

Do they only work aligned N and S or something?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 1:37pm

The magic osmosis sounds more questionable than the end turbine filling up with water.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Counter:

Hits today: 14,276 | Hits yesterday: 1,368 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,310,367