You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 4:35pm

Greetings! Faced with a number of discrepancies/bugs:

1. It`s not possible to get signalum. The recipe says that it`s necessary to melt 1Xcopper, 2Xsilver and 5Xredalloy + 1357 K. Okay, but when I try to get signalum this way, I always receive sterling silver. It does`t matter that it requires 4 silver, not 2. So get signalum not possible for me :(

2. In some recipes for processing by centrifuge were found some inaccuracies, examples:
a) Cinnabar dust requires 32 GU/t. But when attempting to perform the procedure in a centrifuge with power rate of 64 GU/t - operation stops, it requires more energy.
b) Redstone requires 160 GU/t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t power rate can`t handle.
a) Glowstone Dust requires 160 GU/t. And again, centrifuge with 256 GU/t can`t handle.
d) Tungsten carbide dust requires 32 GU / t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t energy in can`t handle it due to lack of energy.

Really want to understand is this problem with my NEI and recipes in it or whether it is just a bad recipes descriptions. Thanks!

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:21pm

1. It`s not possible to get signalum. The recipe says that it`s necessary to melt 1Xcopper, 2Xsilver and 5Xredalloy + 1357 K. Okay, but when I try to get signalum this way, I always receive sterling silver. It does`t matter that it requires 4 silver, not 2. So get signalum not possible for me :(

Crucible smelting recipes aren't restricted to working at the full 'unit scale'. You can run them exactly the same way with a fraction of all components. So that's how the sterling silver thing works.

I think there may have been a discussion earlier in the thread about what you have to do to make signalum. I don't remember what it was and I've yet to need the stuff, but you might want to look.
2. In some recipes for processing by centrifuge were found some inaccuracies, examples:
a) Cinnabar dust requires 32 GU/t. But when attempting to perform the procedure in a centrifuge with power rate of 64 GU/t - operation stops, it requires more energy.
b) Redstone requires 160 GU/t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t power rate can`t handle.
a) Glowstone Dust requires 160 GU/t. And again, centrifuge with 256 GU/t can`t handle.
d) Tungsten carbide dust requires 32 GU / t. Centrifuge with 256 GU/t energy in can`t handle it due to lack of energy.

Really want to understand is this problem with my NEI and recipes in it or whether it is just a bad recipes descriptions. Thanks!

You haven't given enough information to be sure but you may be running afoul of overclocking rules in some of those cases. If you try to run a recipe that requires less than the minimum power of a machine, the recipe gets overclocked in a particular way: the total energy cost is doubled and the power requirement is quadrupled. (This repeats if the resulting power is still below the minimum.)

If you're running the centrifuges at their minimum power (rather than maximum power) this would explain your problem in all four cases.

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:28pm

Sterling Silver is an alloy of Silver and Copper with a lower melting point. I believe a solution would be to create the Red Alloy first, get the crucible up to a heat that adding the correct materials would keep the molten metals above the requisite 1357K before adding the last ingredient (copper). Alternatively, can signalum be made by mixing the molten metals in a mixer?

A potential solution to prevent these alloying issues would be to add the sub-alloys as another combination smelting recipe, but I suspect that would cause some issues or Greg would have already done something along those lines given Stainless Steel has a similar issue with Nichrome.

This I can actually speak to. I believe you're providing enough GU / t to overclock the recipes causing the base cost to quadruple in those cases.

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:40pm

Sterling Silver is an alloy of Silver and Copper with a lower melting point. I believe a solution would be to create the Red Alloy first, get the crucible up to a heat that adding the correct materials would keep the molten metals above the requisite 1357K before adding the last ingredient (copper). Alternatively, can signalum be made by mixing the molten metals in a mixer?

A potential solution to prevent these alloying issues would be to add the sub-alloys as another combination smelting recipe, but I suspect that would cause some issues or Greg would have already done something along those lines given Stainless Steel has a similar issue with Nichrome.

The stainless steel recipe has no issue with nichrome as currently constituted - nickel isn't a direct ingredient, it's incorporated into invar.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:45pm

Doesn't Signalum work with the red alloy recipe as its base now? Just don't throw in the Silver prematurely and it will work.

Anyways, I updated GT, added Crops and Juices, so there is a bit more Food Stuffs now. ^^
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 9:15pm

I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Orka45

Tree Cutter

• "Orka45" is male

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 9:32pm

Greg, according to NEI tooltip and the Shredder, Circuit Plates only contain 1 Unit of Silicon Dioxide when recycling
The Plastic is missing

version 6.04.00

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 9:44pm

The stainless steel recipe has no issue with nichrome as currently constituted - nickel isn't a direct ingredient, it's incorporated into invar.
I said similar, not the same. Basically the invar needs to be formed first as nichrome has a lower melting point causing the alloy to form prematurely in the same manner as the sterling silver forming prior to the signalum. Putting the silver in last once the temperature is high enough would solve his issue just as forming the invar prior to adding the chrome produces stainless without issue. However, adding the component alloys to the recipes would solve some of the crucible issues, though it may not make a lot of sense with the alloy phasing.

Friday, January 13th 2017, 6:17pm

IC2 Generator receipe

Hello,

It look like that IC2 generators are again the IC2 standard receipe and not the GT nerfed receipe. (GT 6.04.01)
Is it intended or a small bug?

My best regards

putative

Tree Cutter

• "putative" is male
  • United States

Friday, January 13th 2017, 11:52pm

Thaumonomicon

I just installed 6.04.02 and my Thaumonomicon no longer wants to sit in the bookshelf

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 12:14am

Hello,

It look like that IC2 generators are again the IC2 standard receipe and not the GT nerfed receipe. (GT 6.04.01)

My best regards
Details on that one, and which Type of IC2 you are using. Classic or Experimental?
I just installed 6.04.02 and my Thaumonomicon no longer wants to sit in the bookshelf
Whoops. Fixed that one.

GregTech Website

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 8:36am

Quoted from "choum33"
Hello,

My best regards

Details on that one, and which Type of IC2 you are using. Classic or Experimental?

Hi Greg, i use industrialcraft-2-2.2.821-experimental.jar
As i remember all worked fine with GT 6.03.41 ;)

=> fixed after server restart, maybe just a small glitch ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "choum33" (Jan 14th 2017, 10:44am)

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 6:50pm

So under the new titanium model you have to produce titanium in liquid form, which has no NEI-listed uses.

...Is there some method we're supposed to know about for getting liquid metals turned back into usable solids?

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 7:38pm

...Is there some method we're supposed to know about for getting liquid metals turned back into usable solids?
Molds with a temperature tolerance above the temperature of the fluid, via pipes with enough capacity to hold the required amount of material.

Yesterday, 1:16am

So its been a couple years since I played, what mod(pack)s are people playing with GT6 now?

Yesterday, 10:10pm

So I can't make bronze without wither a crucible or a mixer. In order to make those I need tools. There's no way to make tools without (at least) bronze...

The getting Started guide on the wiki is out of date, and thinks its possible to mix dusts by hand, so that's no help at all.

Edit: It's only the hammer that can't be made with copper, and it can be made with stone.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Requia" (Yesterday, 10:34pm)

Orka45

Tree Cutter

• "Orka45" is male

Yesterday, 10:34pm

you can make mining tools out of wood, stone and flint
you can make all tools with lead and copper, those can be smelted in a vanilla furnace, aswell as bismuth
you can make fire starter out of dry grass to get your first iron
then you make your first crucible out of ceramic (clay)

Today, 6:39am

Greg: if you put 16 blok of coal or lignite you get more creosote than internal buffer can handle, that means coke oven stop and you must ignite again. Example 1 blok of liginte generate 6.75 bucket of creosote. Then 16 blok of lignite generate 108bucket of creosote. Ther is not a single pipe that can handle this amout of liquid in a single tick.

Today, 8:09am

you can make mining tools out of wood, stone and flint
you can make all tools with lead and copper, those can be smelted in a vanilla furnace, aswell as bismuth
you can make fire starter out of dry grass to get your first iron
then you make your first crucible out of ceramic (clay)

No you cannot make all tools with lead and copper, this is entirely wrong.

I don't see any way to make dry grass without iron for shears either.

laurynasl

Melting things and sometimes myself (Gregtech 6)

Today, 10:21am

Copper for all tools, lead - for tools without handles (and cheap barrels). But I often use loot (from mineshafts, villages, dungeons, etc.) for early game tools. To get grass, "mine" grass with a sword or a knife (cheapest - flint knife). Also, try some early game manual machines: juicer, mixing bowl, bath. Measuring pot and funnel will help with these. You can even brew booze at early game (example: squeeze some wheat in a juicer, move wheaty juice to a cheap barrel using measuring pot and funnel, seal that barrel with soft hammer. after some time you'll have some scotch in that barrel; use magnifying glass to check progress).

Counter:

Hits today: 30,151 | Hits yesterday: 71,382 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 61,501,394