You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

laurynasl

Melting things and sometimes myself (Gregtech 6)

• "laurynasl" is male
  • Lithuania

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 2:24pm

New pump... does it pump GT oil?

putative

Tree Cutter

• "putative" is male
  • United States

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 2:55pm

(Ab)using the "pressure" mechanic usually works for me: largest pipes at the boiler, medium transfer pipes, and smallest pipes possible directly at the turbine/engine. In this way sloshing at the site of steam consumption is minimized because the "pressure" mechanic prefers to accumulate in the smallest pipes it can.

Said another way, a general forward motion of steam is encouraged if pipes always start from biggest at the boiler, go to medium, and end at smallest.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 3:24pm

New pump... does it pump GT oil?
It should definitely. Even though it isn't hard to do without the Pump, since I fixed some of the flow mechanics of the oil fluids.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 5:14pm

I updated GT6, Patreon Post follows later when I am not that overwhelmed with random stuff...
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 6:22pm

Tin alloy and bath.

I haven't checked this the last few updates, but wanted to ask about tin alloy. It takes a wrought iron and tin in the crucible to make. I can pour an ingot of it, but if I make it into plates, it just makes tin plate. Which if I combine 2 plates, I get a double tin alloy plate. If that is smelted back down, I end up with 2 tin ingots. I am essentially transmuting iron into tin.... Useful if you have issues finding tin, but ultimately a waste of iron... Is this broken, or as intended, or am I missing something?

Also, I am probably being dense, but how do I get molten zinc into the bath so I can make galvanized steel?

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:28pm

dude its just a railcraft tin plate which is just not named properly. it is still tin alloy even though it is not named like that.

GregTech Website

putative

Tree Cutter

• "putative" is male
  • United States

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:24pm

I haven't checked this the last few updates, but wanted to ask about tin alloy. It takes a wrought iron and tin in the crucible to make. I can pour an ingot of it, but if I make it into plates, it just makes tin plate. Which if I combine 2 plates, I get a double tin alloy plate. If that is smelted back down, I end up with 2 tin ingots. I am essentially transmuting iron into tin.... Useful if you have issues finding tin, but ultimately a waste of iron... Is this broken, or as intended, or am I missing something?

Also, I am probably being dense, but how do I get molten zinc into the bath so I can make galvanized steel?
I noticed the tin alloy thing too, Greg said it'd be a pain to fix because it's in the Railcraft mod; also, it actually says "tin alloy" in the light gray text below the main name when you hover the cursor over it (I think you have to do the Shift+F3 thing?)

For zinc, make a crucible drain and put a stainless steel bath underneath, then drain molten zinc into the bath. I think Bear989 found it was 1000 L drained per right-click.

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:40pm

remember these arent one way pipes, and there is a sloshing mechanic. what I think you need to do is add in fluid extenders so you can keep the pipes from attempting to backflow.

Sloshing mechanic? And backflow does not seem to be the problem; it is the boilers in the *middle* that are backing up, despite the fact that the pipe they are connected to is not full. Wouldn't backflow mean the one on the end could back up? And how would extenders help? I don't need more connection points to the boiler.

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 2:23am

The extenders would not be extending the boilers, but the destination pipe, creating a 1-way valve.
And it is the boilers in the middle having problems, because the problem is less "back-flow" and more "mis-distribution" due to pipes with 3+ connections.

Essentially, when precise throughput is required, all (or at least the majority of) 3+ way junctions should be replaced with extenders facing the destination.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 5:32pm

And here the Patreon Post of the last update ^^

https://www.patreon.com/posts/8310727

GregTech Website

Saturday, March 4th 2017, 10:06am

I just have noticed two problems with sensors after the last update.

The first one is the sensors do not show zero value correctly. I placed a item-o-meter on a chest and setup '=0000' condition then press '+100' button once and see '=0100' on the display. After pressing '-100' button the display still show '=0100'. Then I pressed '+1' button and saw '=0001' on the display (it means that previous value was 0). This is the same for all the sensors. This is visual only problem and it does not affect the functionality.

The second one is the item-o-meter stops to measure items inside machines. I have noticed it because I have simple sifter automation which shut the burning box off if there is no items inside the sifter. It was workable at version 13 but at 14 it doesn't.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, March 4th 2017, 11:48am

Thanks for pointing those out, both should be fixed in the next version. ^^

GregTech Website

Saturday, March 4th 2017, 5:57pm

Hi Greg,

Just noticed that Scaffolded C-Foam Block only has a blast resistance of 3.0 vs the 24.0 of regular C-Foam blocks.
Checked a few more C-Foam covered things afterwards and was surprised to find that wires and pipes have the
same blast resistance whether covered or bare. Is this correct?

Also, the tooltip on Scaffolded C-Foam Block doesn't say "Mobs cannot Spawn on this Block" - is this a tooltip issue
or can mobs actually spawn on them?

Lastly, I've remodelled my main crafting room recently, and have been placing wall safes to store commonly used
ingredients next to the machines that use them. However, these are less than ideal, as they have severely reduced
inventory space compared to a chest and are very expensive for what little space they do provide. I don't really
need the security or blast resistance of a safe - just a front-opening, wall-mounted inventory block. I've seen a
seemingly GT-textured block that looks like a set of drawers, but can't find it in NEI. What is the name of this
block? If it isn't from GT, would it be possible to have a non-secure, less blast-resistant, wall mounted cupboard?

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, March 4th 2017, 7:58pm

It is just a Tooltip Bug, the Resistence is 24 in both cases. And you talk about the Advanced Crafting Table. It has 36 Slots in those Drawers.

GregTech Website

Saturday, March 4th 2017, 10:07pm

Brilliant, thanks for the help.

Sunday, March 5th 2017, 12:48am

Ocean water and buildcraft springs

Just curious if all water blocks in beach and ocean biomes are made into ocean water, or just those in the ocean, and they spread into connected water... I came across one of the buildcraft 1x1 springs that go down to "bedrock" in a beach biome, and it had turned into ocean water. There was only a single block of sand between it and the ocean. It wasn't in contact with the ocean, so I was curious. Most of the other vanilla water pools I've come across are inland just a bit more and have 4-5 blocks between them and the ocean water.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Sunday, March 5th 2017, 12:53am

Beach = Ocean

GregTech Website

Sunday, March 5th 2017, 12:52pm

I think this should be right about enough info now, or did I miss anything? ^^
Thank you! :D

putative

Tree Cutter

• "putative" is male
  • United States

Monday, March 6th 2017, 2:14am

Item barrels

Hi Greg,

I've been using brass item pipes and cheap item barrels to organize 1/9 and 1/72 dusts into full sized dusts (from shredding ores & magnetic separation of sluice juice) and it's been so convenient; however, I noticed that when I magnetically separate say, purified copper ore, the 1/9 refined cobalt ore and 1/9 refined nickel ore do not collect into 1/1 units in the same way.

Is this intentional? Thanks

laurynasl

Melting things and sometimes myself (Gregtech 6)

• "laurynasl" is male
  • Lithuania

Monday, March 6th 2017, 7:43am

Bug with drums and gasses. Reproduce: Two drums placed one on another. Bottom contains gas (let's say, methane), top is empty. Open top drum (with a wrench right click), then open bottom drum. Gas should move to top drum, but it doesn't (worked correctly before 6.04.14 version). Then close top drum, and gas moves.

Counter:

Hits today: 18,347 | Hits yesterday: 35,349 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,349,787