You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 8:31pm

Quoted

6.05.01: (Not released yet)
[planned] Trees, yes Trees, worldgen, nothing that is required for anything ofc, but rubber trees are going to be amoung them.

2 questions Greg:
Will these trees have more growth stages than sapling and fully grown?

Will you have your own versions of the Pam's trees, TFC trees, Forestry trees?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "*error user name found*" (Mar 16th 2017, 8:39pm) with the following reason: TFC,Forestry

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 8:37pm

It is just some additional Trees that I gonna add, they are like the vanilla Tree Stuff. And they are likely of the small kind. No complicated Tree breeding or anything, just simple Trees, some of them being similar to IC2 Rubber Trees.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 10:12pm

How do you recycle your old machines and recover the metals? The machines contain more material than what will fit into the crucible.

Put them in the shredder.

So with GT battery boxes, you can set their output current to multiply the total eu/t going into a machine. Since they output voltage right in the middle of the tier, why doesn't that mean the only two useful current settings are 1 and 2? So why can they go higher? Wouldn't any higher setting overpower the machine?

Thursday, March 16th 2017, 10:25pm

Also, there are higher tier battery boxes than HV, but no higher tier batteries to put inside them, so how can you use them?

Friday, March 17th 2017, 2:53am

Dryer recipe change

Greg, I know you said you didn't change the sluice juice to distilled water recipe, but it did get changed. The first screen shot is from GT 6.04.14, and the second is from GT 16.05.00. The recipe changed from 256 GU to 1600 GU. This slows the process down considerably.

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "netmc" (Mar 17th 2017, 2:59am)

Friday, March 17th 2017, 4:57am

I have a request. Can you add a way to detect fluid source blocks / flows? Apologies if there already is a feature like that and I'm just missing it.

After the update that added seawater, I was building an airlock and wanted the doors to shut automatically if water was detected (e.g. creeper blows up in an undersea tunnel and seawater starts to flood it).
Currently I'm doing this with a boat and a pressure plate, but the setup takes more space than I'd prefer and since the boat is an entity, probably isn't ideal from a performance standpoint either.

Ideally this would take the form of a tile entity that detects source blocks, flows, or both of one or more configurable fluids (or any fluid if not configured). Alternatively, this could be implemented as a new feature in the existing Bucket-o-Meter / Fluid-O-Meter sensors. Though, for my purposes, I only really want to know if seawater is adjacent to the sensor.

Edit:

Quoted from "Changelog"

[ADDED] Fluid-O-Meters and Bucket-O-Meters can now scan for Fluid Blocks and not just Tanks.

Thanks Greg :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "theJ89" (Mar 18th 2017, 2:30am)

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, March 17th 2017, 12:01pm

Greg, I know you said you didn't change the sluice juice to distilled water recipe, but it did get changed. The first screen shot is from GT 6.04.14, and the second is from GT 16.05.00. The recipe changed from 256 GU to 1600 GU. This slows the process down considerably.
Well, I was relying on Bear to tell me what I changed. I just blindly looked at all Recipes that output distilled Water and checked if their Recipes are expensive enough to not make distilled water cheaper in certain Machines. Distilled Water is supposed to be the same price for all Machines, without exception. So no, I will not change it back.
I have a request. Can you add a way to detect fluid source blocks / flows? Apologies if there already is a feature like that and I'm just missing it.

After the update that added seawater, I was building an airlock and wanted the doors to shut automatically if water was detected (e.g. creeper blows up in an undersea tunnel and seawater starts to flood it).
Currently I'm doing this with a boat and a pressure plate, but the setup takes more space than I'd prefer and since the boat is an entity, probably isn't ideal from a performance standpoint either.

Ideally this would take the form of a tile entity that detects source blocks, flows, or both of one or more configurable fluids (or any fluid if not configured). Alternatively, this could be implemented as a new feature in the existing Bucket-o-Meter / Fluid-O-Meter sensors. Though, for my purposes, I only really want to know if seawater is adjacent to the sensor.
Tried using a Block Update Detector? Pretty sure Seawater causes Block Updates, when flowing through Air.

As for the Sensors, yeah might be an Idea.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Friday, March 17th 2017, 1:55pm

Tried using a Block Update Detector? Pretty sure Seawater causes Block Updates, when flowing through Air.

As for the Sensors, yeah might be an Idea.

I considered using a block update detector at first, but decided against them for a couple reasons.

The way I set up the airlock, it closes when it detects fluids and opens when the fluid has been cleaned up. With a block update detector, it wouldn't be able to tell if the fluid had been added or removed, just that something had changed. Though now that I think about it, I guess a similar effect could be achieved by wiring a toggle latch to it. The biggest reason I decided against it though was because the block update detector's too dumb to know what caused the update; we use a mod that causes cave-ins (Harder Underground), and nearby explosions can accidentally trigger them. There are a few other cases I considered as well, like mobs that shoot fireballs and light fires, or mobs that spawn webs on top of you, etc. Ideally, it should only be triggered by seawater.

putative

Tree Cutter

• "putative" is male
  • United States

Friday, March 17th 2017, 3:14pm

Bronze roll bender

Hi all,
I just made a bronze roll bender to make plates out of thaumium ingots but it hasn't been working for me. Neither wrought iron, zinc, nor thaumium ingots have established the "recipe underway" animation on the front. Instead, I only see the three wheels moving like there is no achievable recipe to work on; this tells me at least the proper energy type is supplied.

At first I thought maybe there were too many RUs applied (1x dense bronze boiler funneled entirely to an invar turbine, also there was no audio feedback to suggest that it was overpowered) but even when I dropped it down to just over 16 RU still nothing.

I didn't get too surgical in my quick examination last night, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks

Friday, March 17th 2017, 4:33pm

Ingots to plates needs the "Rolling Mill". "Roll Bender" does plates to curved plates.

Also, since we're talking about sluice juice: Greg, would you ever consider allowing us to re-hydrate sluice sand to sluice juice? (say, by mixing with water in the Mixer?)

putative

Tree Cutter

• "putative" is male
  • United States

Friday, March 17th 2017, 5:10pm

Ingots to plates needs the "Rolling Mill". "Roll Bender" does plates to curved plates.

Also, since we're talking about sluice juice: Greg, would you ever consider allowing us to re-hydrate sluice sand to sluice juice? (say, by mixing with water in the Mixer?)
Whoops, lol. Thanks.

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 4:24am

I checked netherrack dust again on 6.05.00, and tiny piles still cannot be made into a full dust. The full dust item is from rotarycraft.

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 12:22pm

I am having the same issue with wood pulp but only in the item barrels.
Gregtech 5 & 6 tutorials and game play
https://www.youtube.com/user/aBear989

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 1:31pm

Nice job Greg!!I'll try to play GregTech 6~

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:29pm

Greg,Can you give me permission to repost GregTech6 Mod to MCBBS(A popular China Forum)?I wish more people know the best mod~

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:31pm

Yes you can do that, I know how china is with random stuff like that.

GregTech Website

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:35pm

Minor bug report,,,

This might be a minor bug. Or maybe it just works differently. Using a flint and tinder (made from iron nugget and flint) gives a clicking sound every time you try and light something weather or not it actually lights. Using a flint and steel (made from a steel nugget and flint) only gives the clicking sound upon a successful light. An unsuccessful attempt is completely silent.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:37pm

the normal flint & steel seems to be bugged then, since no matter how successful it is it is still smashing two thigns together, therefore making a sound.

GregTech Website

Rikenbacker

Tree Cutter

Russian Federation

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 5:15pm

My steam machines was breaking. Before today all was fine, buzzsaw and crusher was wokrng. Today I tried to add shreder. And all stop. I omly hear sound "not enough power". I disconnected all machines, decalcifyed boilers, add only one bronze turbine and buzzsaw. And they not working. Why? What did I wrong?

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 5:54pm

My steam machines was breaking. Before today all was fine, buzzsaw and crusher was wokrng. Today I tried to add shreder. And all stop. I omly hear sound "not enough power". I disconnected all machines, decalcifyed boilers, add only one bronze turbine and buzzsaw. And they not working. Why? What did I wrong?
The one thing I do notice is that your boilers are over pressure. This shouldn't happen if you are consuming all the steam you are producing. If the turbine will use all the output of both steam boilers, you need larger pipes on top of the boilers to give space for the backflow. You want to use the largest pipes at the boilers, and work smaller as you get towards the machines (making sure that the smallest pipes you use will carry the full output of the both boilers). If the steam in the pipes has more than one direction it can flow, you will generate backflow. You need larger pipes there to accommodate that. It's easiest if you pair one steam boiler directly to one machine. This setup gives only 1 place for the steam output to go, so you can safely use the smallest pipe that will accommodate the steam as no backflow can be created.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "netmc" (Mar 18th 2017, 10:41pm)

Counter:

Hits today: 61,721 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,071,119