You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:49pm

I seem to remember someone posting a nice setup to automatically light burning boxes to drive dynamos when energy stores get low, but can't find it now. I'm trying to figure out how to automate the fermenter and distillery to keep my tank of bio-ethanol full. Any ideas?

Friday, March 24th 2017, 12:14am

I seem to remember someone posting a nice setup to automatically light burning boxes to drive dynamos when energy stores get low, but can't find it now. I'm trying to figure out how to automate the fermenter and distillery to keep my tank of bio-ethanol full. Any ideas?
Each piece of it isn't too terribly difficult. Making a system to integrate all the components is a bit more tricky.

1. To turn off the boiler, you have a block on a sticky piston be pushed in front of the burning box to cut off the air supply once the energy stored reaches a certain threshold.
  2. To turn on the boiler, you need an igniter block. Set the battery box to output when receiving a redstone signal. This sends power to the igniter which lights the burning box. (Liquid or gas is best.)
  3. You will have 2 sensors attached to your power storage. One to send the "full" signal to turn everything off, and a second to send the "need power" signal to start the ignitor.
  4. <do some magic redstone logic connecting the pieces>
  5. Profit!

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Friday, March 24th 2017, 12:58am

How do you handle the water output of the centrifuge when processing sluice juice? I have a drain set up in a river biome, so my pipe system is always full of water. I hate wasting resources needlessly, so I am looking for other options than voiding it. Is there a way I could turn the drain off? Then I could store water in a tank, and fill up from the river only when the water supply gets low.

move the drain to a tank so it only fills when it rains, and then you will have room for your water return from the centrifuge.
Gregtech 5 & 6 tutorials and game play
https://www.youtube.com/user/aBear989

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:30pm

Quoted

Maybe it was this one?

Friday, March 24th 2017, 6:31pm

Quoted

Maybe it was this one?

That's the one, thanks. I can't believe that was 4 months ago. I went back to the 1st of the year and thought it must have been after that. I can't believe that I'm only now getting to the point that I'm starting to think of getting a permanent power system.

So there are some things that I don't understand about your setup. First, what is recharging the igniter batbox? Second, if there is a latch to keep the run/stop state, shouldn't it have two different redstone signals feeding into it? One to turn on, and one to turn off? I only see the one signal that is the storage battery box level, or the momentary pulse from the button. Also, what are those weird looking things that apparently are extracting water from the BC tanks and feeding it to the boiler?

Friday, March 24th 2017, 7:29pm

Quoted

I can't believe that was 4 months ago. I went back to the 1st of the year and thought it must have been after that. I can't believe that I'm only now getting to the point that I'm starting to think of getting a permanent power system.

This is one of the things GregTech does very well. You set your sights on some reasonable goal and then a week later you have a really nifty system that produces the first pre-requisite
of the first machine that makes the widgets needed for the next machine that will form the centre-piece of a production line that makes...........

"What was I trying to build again? Oh well, this production line looks awesome..."

Quoted

First, what is recharging the igniter batbox?

In that system (my old generator *room*), nothing. It's just an LV lithium battery in each, that I topped up perhaps twice in the entire time I used that system. In my new, larger dedicated "Power Station",
there is a step-down transformer feeding a line that recharges them. But you won't need that for a long while - the batteries last forever when you use the pulse former.

Quoted

Second, if there is a latch to keep the run/stop state, shouldn't it have two different redstone signals feeding into it?

The single signal has variable strength. One side of the latch is fed via a NOT gate that will only output a non-zero signal strength when the input strength is zero. The other side of the latch is fed by a signal
that has a *near* maximum strength signal *subtracted* from it. This means that the signal is zero, until it goes over the strength of the light detector. The cover on the batbox is inverted, so the redstone
signal is high when the energy is low, and low when the energy is high.

This means that when the battery box is FULL, there is a signal to the top of the latch.
When the battery box is NEARLY EMPTY, there is a signal to the bottom of the latch.
When the battery box is somewhere in between, there is NO signal to either side of the latch.

Quoted

Also, what are those weird looking things that apparently are extracting water from the BC tanks and feeding it to the boiler?

GT pipe covers. Awesome, low-lag, simple to use. The only 2 things to be aware of are that: the default direction when placed is 99% of the time not the direction you want, so you need to use a screwdriver to
reverse it; and the pump only pulls liquid once per second, so if the capacity of the attached pipe is lower than the "per-second" amount, then the per-second throughput will be limited to the capacity of the pipe.

Friday, March 24th 2017, 7:40pm

Heh, yea.. I've spent the last few nights just crushing, sluicing, centrifuging the sluice juice, acid bathing, and shredding less than a stack each of chalcopyrite, hematite, brown and yellow limonite all to get enough iron, chromium, etc to make the ton of stainless steel needed to build the refinery needed to get some plastic so I can finally make a circuit and a proper GT batbox. I might actually have that batbox done in a week or two ;)

Saturday, March 25th 2017, 2:04am

psusi, getting back to you about your earlier question, you were right - the battery box does send 3 packets if there are losses, so you'd need at least a 4x cable to compensate for the additional packets.
I tried LV batteries in the ULV battery box, and that didn't work. As for the crystals, I was thinking of the crystal chargers, which are similar to battery boxes but accept/output LU instead of EU.
I'm guessing Greg either doesn't have batteries for the ULV/>HV battery boxes, or just provides them to make it easier for mod authors to add their own batteries.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "theJ89" (Mar 25th 2017, 2:16am)

Saturday, March 25th 2017, 5:31pm

Greg, right-clicking the hole on a GT rubber tree to get resin crashes the client..

http://pastebin.com/XSnU4tnp

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 5:15am

Hi Greg,

I've recently been experimenting with Forestry, and after much work managed to breed a high yielding chestnut tree.
Suddenly, after months of obsessively squeezing pumpkin seeds for seed oil, I now have more nut oil than I can use.
Looking through NEI for things I might do with the excess, I discovered Hot Frying Oil, Fries and, most excitingly of all,
the little cardboard packaged portion of Fries....

Now, thanks to the ash->light grey dye nerf, I have several metric tonnes of Mince Meat as a byproduct of my Construction
Foam line (shredded Raw Ribs is the easiest source of mass produced White Dye I could find...) and it occurred to me
that the Fries might be part of a half-implemented Burger+Fries+Drink Mega-Greg-a-Meal-Deal? (Sorry for that...)
Or maybe even Fish and Chips?

I remember a mod from waaay back that allowed you to create combination meals from a main+side+drink, and TFC
does something vaguely similar with their sandwiches. You have an awesome range of nicely drawn ingredients and sides,
but between the stacksizes and food values, it's easiest to stick to the simpler items such as Rib Eye Steak and Cooked
Ham.

You have the foundations of a great food system - I was just wondering if you have any specific plans for it for the
future?

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 10:59am

Hi Greg!
Maybe asked before, but, can you add oregen to GalacticCraft planets?

HanakoCZ

Industry2.0 server owner

Monday, March 27th 2017, 1:10am

@Seregheru
just install SpiceOfLife and you will need to eat different kinds of food, combined with GT foods and/or Pams, you will get really good times to prepare a lot of food kinds :)

Monday, March 27th 2017, 6:06am

Quoted

@Seregheru
just install SpiceOfLife and you will need to eat different kinds of food, combined with GT foods and/or Pams, you will get really good times to prepare a lot of food kinds

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was thinking more about complete meals, rather than just eating the main, sides and drink in different sittings - I'm not sure that drinking a bottle
of Lemonade as an evening meal every third day is any more immersive than just eating Steak.

Yesterday, 3:45pm

Hello, some "weird" question to ask:

1. Is there a debugger-like stuff for players? There is one in GT5 if I remember correctly.

I follow the instruction"Getting Started" on the wiki:

"Put the Boiler on top of the Burning Box, like the Crucible, and put Water inside by right-clicking water into the front side of the boiler. Then run pipes from its top hole to the back of the Steam Engine. Put the Rolling Mill in front of the Turbine.

Rotational energy is then consumed by your brand new Rolling Mill that will turn it into internal energy (measured in GU, always with a 1:1 ratio regardless of energy input type). Put an ingot in the Mill and it should be transformed into a brand new Plate!"

Well, when I test it (the demonstrate picture, I use tank instead of boiler, but the turbine is still working), the machine DO NOT WORK on an 16RU/t recipe.
Even if I change the rolling mill and the turbine both to steel version, it's still not working.

Is there some big changes on the steam machines?
macyayaya has attached the following file:

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Today, 4:11pm

I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Counter:

Hits today: 21,664 | Hits yesterday: 35,349 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,353,104