You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lego11

Tree Cutter

• "lego11" is male
  • "lego11" started this thread

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 4:23pm

The RRMEN - A VERY big Realistic Electrical Grid!

Hi there!
There was once a nice thread of a person trying to mimick a realistic electric grid in a server. Then, his computer crashed and all his hard work got lost.
Now, I tried to do a similar thing.

Let me present, the RRMEN!
More than 100k cables, 20 substations, 2 cities, 4 factories, 10 power plants and MOAR!

A tiny teaser image:

The New Radeon - 1 NPP. 4x 420EU/t (called kW in-game for realism ;) )

The "Church" substation, providing power to the surrounding homes. It is a 1024 kW HV -> LV substation.

A typical factory substation. The customer is directly connected to the EV (HVDC) network since it is a heavy ironworks factory.

Inside said substation. Note the dual meter for production (using a Steam Turbine and Creosote from the Coke Ovens of the ironworks) and for consumption (when the turbine isn't enough).
(kWh are EU, BTW :) )

New images will come soon! :thumbsup:

Note: You may see 24V, 230V, 15/25kV, 150kV and HVDC signs instead of ULV, LV, MV, HV and EV signs. This is for realism's sake!

Please, leave feedback! ^^
Bye!
--lego11

masterzh

Stone Miner

• "masterzh" is male

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 8:31am

Factory(or whatever it is) in first shot is very cool. (well except that coublestone of course)

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 3:09pm

Why the fuck are sign written in both French and I don't know what ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 6:44pm

Is that long Railway in Picture 1 actually used for anything?
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 6:49pm

Hmm, this thread seems to fit better on the Screenshot section. Confirm?
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 7:07pm

Confirmed. But send him a PM telling him you just moved his Thread!
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 7:34pm

Moved to Screenshots Section, as this is not an actual discussion about energy, wirings and such.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

lego11

Tree Cutter

• "lego11" is male

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 8:18pm

Hi there!
First, sorry for posting in the wrong section, and thank you for moving my thread!
Then, let's answer your questions.

Quoted

Is that long Railway in Picture 1 actually used for anything?

Yes!! It is connecting the main town, New Radeon, to the other smaller town, Lynnfield.

Quoted

Factory(or whatever it is) in first shot is very cool. (well except that coublestone of course)

The cobblestone in there is here because the railway is (supposed to be) there from the old, steam age (ca.1900)...
And, if you meant the cobblestone on the roof, it's there because it looked pretty in my opinion :)

Quoted

Why the fuck are sign written in both French and I don't know what ?

I'm Italian, but I (lived in) France, and some of my French friends still play with me, hence the multi lingual signs :)

Then, let's post some other screenshots. Trying to make an overhead EV (HVDC) line didn't end very pretty... have you got ideas to tidy it up?

Next, the nuclear power station control room. Sorry again for the Italian writing :) The RED meters are for kWh and kW used by the NPP itself (ligting, refining of uranium...) and the GREEN ones are power inputted in the grid.
(The NPP was disconnected from grid at the moment of the screenshot)

Finally, a bird's eye view on Lynnfield, which consumes about 2 MW (2048 kW) manly because of a massive Mass-fab based factory in the outskirts of the town...

As always, comment, give suggestions, feedback...
See you later :thumbsup:

Friday, January 17th 2014, 6:53pm

Amazing!
You could possibly add an industrial place with lots of iron/steel buildings and factories for processing ores and things like that.
:Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: MinecraftNotch :Matter: :Matter:

lego11

Tree Cutter

• "lego11" is male

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 9:13am

Amazing!
You could possibly add an industrial place with lots of iron/steel buildings and factories for processing ores and things like that.
:Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: MinecraftNotch :Matter: :Matter:

I have an industrial area, with the New Radeon NPP and an ironworks factory. You dump coal, gold and iron ores in (via minecarts), you get Refined Iron, Coke, Creosote, Iron, Steel and Gold out :)

Some ideas to make the overhead powerline prettier?

:thumbsup:

Arek_PL

Tree Cutter

• "Arek_PL" is male

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 12:19am

well this thread have only month so writing in it will not be big necro

i think overhead powerline will look better without isolation, silver color will nice look with sky behimd it and cable is thiner so its harder to get into eye

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 12:42am

Only month? It's freaking year, mate!
http://powdertoy.co.uk/ - physics/chemistry/electronics 2D sandbox.

Arek_PL

Tree Cutter

• "Arek_PL" is male

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 9:39pm

so i get golden shovel?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 9:43pm

so i get golden shovel?

Were you on the Minecraft Forums maybe.The best thing you'd get here would be a bit of sticky resin :Resin:
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Mine_Sasha

A ninja with a composite unbreakable armor made out of diamond and carbon nanotubes :3

Monday, January 12th 2015, 7:24pm

And a GG ^^

Counter:

Hits today: 25,779 | Hits yesterday: 29,849 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,289,143