You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pyure

Bored due to childish bullshit, thus Forum-Retired.

Monday, August 3rd 2015, 4:08pm

That depends if it is with or without gregtech. The best mark 1 design for 5x5 U235 reactor is zombies old high efficiency reactor which is the best one by quite a fair margain.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…ykw84kwczan05q8

Never played around with those design much because they where pretty much already optimized by the time i started designing nuclear reactors.

I moved on quite quickly to mark 5 reactors since they are so much better if you can be bothered with the controlls.

On/off reactors are really easy to make, you need one redstone clock that outputs a redstone pulse every cycle (in this case 9 seconds). I think you can do this with vanilla minecraft but ive mostly been doing it with other addons. Then you turn that pulse into the desired lenght by using redstone repeaters.

Regular U-235 5x5 using iridium reflectors is an entirely different matter thought and that has not been optimized to my knowledge. I'm quite certain i could make some really interesting designs that would far outperform zombies old design by a fair margain. Might look into it tonight

Thx sir, that's great.

The neutron reflectors are definitely buff, that's for sure.

Blackpalt

Stone Miner

• "Blackpalt" is male

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 11:35am

These are the best ones i've come up with so far:

This one made the only possible core design for efficiency 7 reactor but its a little bit on the small side so i tried to make the design as efficient/cheap as possible.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…k1ik8fimolvwdmo

Then i tried to scale it up with somewhat lower efficiency but as high output as possible and i ended up with this:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…x3l36kdc0ay8x6o

I also managed this thing that is between those two:

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…c2v0pg3lol6o5j4
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am i or are the other crazy

Blackpalt

Stone Miner

• "Blackpalt" is male

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 12:49pm

I'm really happy about this one. The efficiency is 6 so slighly lower than those above but damn is the output high. I managed to squeeze in 672 cooling in this reactor which is the highest any reactor i've seen reach (tied with SSD's high power high running cost reactor but with twice the efficiency).

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…cjr5je0rfj5imm8

Also since it uses only quad cells its easy to automate and only uses 4 reflectors.

Considering how expensive a 5x5 is to build to begin with i think this is the most bang for you buck considering efficiency, cost and output.

So in comparison with zombies max efficiency design the output is 64 Hu/s higher and uses 2/3 of the fuel, pretty darn good if i would say it myself. it actually even far outperforms my mark 5 reactors and on/off reactors both in efficiency and output.

I don't completly trust the old simulator thought so i think i'm gonna have to try it out in creative. Which modpack where you using?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blackpalt" (Aug 4th 2015, 2:29pm)

Pyure

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 2:20pm

I'm really happy about this one. The efficiency is 6 so slighly lower than those above but damn is the output high. I managed to squeeze in 672 cooling in this reactor which is the highest any reactor i've seen reach (tied with SSD's high power high running cost reactor but with twice the efficiency).

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…cjr5je0rfj5imm8

Also since it uses only quad cells its easy to automate and only uses 4 reflectors.

Considering how expensive a 5x5 is to build to begin with i think this is the most bang for you buck considering efficiency, cost and output.

So in comparison with zombies max efficiency design the output is 64 Hu/s higher and uses 2/3 of the fuel, pretty darn good if i would say it myself.

I'm gonna have to try it out in creative thought, which modpack are you using?

Jebus, nice. And yeah those reflectors in particular are incredibly expensive.

I'm playing the Infitech2 modpack. Its an excellent, heavily-minetweaked modpack, but it features Thaumcraft, which some hardcore techers may regard as a crutch.

Blackpalt

Stone Miner

• "Blackpalt" is male

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 4:27pm

I've tested the reactor now in beyond reality now and it seems to work flawlessly. It takes a while before the reactor reaches its full output which it seems to do at about 1% hull heat. Then the output varies between rougly 1332 and 1352. Ive let it run for about 15 minutes and it does not seem to encounter any problems.

http://prntscr.com/80raea

Edit:
I've let it run for one and a half cycle now, no problem whatsoever. Think its safe to say that it's completly safe :)

This will likely be my reactor of choice for future for gregtech, vanilla reactors can't really compete. I will probably add the thorium reactor aswell just to have a use for it.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Blackpalt" (Aug 4th 2015, 6:56pm)

Blackpalt

Stone Miner

• "Blackpalt" is male

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 5:02pm

I made an alternative thorium design for you, it is slighly lower efficiency but the output is a lot higher. Considering the cost of a 5x5 it feels like one should maximize the output of the reactor. The cost of the fuel itself is quite low in comparison with the cost of the reactor after all.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…ap2vu79muqueeps

Also it uses the same amount of reflectors as your old design and most of the components are the same so it should not be that expensive to change design if you feel like switching.

Pyure

Tuesday, August 4th 2015, 5:48pm

Woh. Hmm that's really tempting, the efficiency drop isn't all that big. And you're right: thorium just lasts forever, it doesn't really harm much to go for more output.

I'll probably stick with what I have though: my thorium reactor is almost like an RTG that I just keep running full-time these days. Rather than increase the output of a single reactor, I'd likely fork out for more reactors.

I've never seen 5 quads in a Mark 1 before. Thorium heat output notwithanding :)

Pyure

Saturday, January 9th 2016, 5:04pm

stable mark 1, its the high output low efficiency reactor from the regular reactor thread.

I would use the maximum efficiency thought as it is a lot more efficient (more than double)

I might have said this several times before but all the designs found in this thread works for 5x5 reactors and they are all stable mark 1 reactors

[Official] New Reactors design thread.

To calculate the 5x5 output just double the heat generated in the old reactor planer.

Due to how the heat generation scales with efficiency for 5x5 generators it is a lot better to use efficient designs rather than high output low efficiency generators.

The best full scale stable mark 1 reactor from that thread is this one
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…ykw84kwczan05q8

Stable, cheap and produces 1280 Hu/s with only 12 uranium rods, half of which isnt even quad core. doesn't require any diamonds. Also since it produces 1280 Hu/s you can also easily automate it with ic2 only. You use 6 steam cycles (just watch memenths video) with 12 liquid heat exchangers fully loaded for 1200 Hu and you then dump the rest into a liquid heat exchanger with only 8 heat exchangers and a stirling which uses exactly 80 hu.

IMO the best reactor by far for 5x5 as it stands right now both with respect to price, ease of setup and efficiency.

Ofc it still gets crushed cost for cost by windpower but as far as 5x5 reactors go, this is the one you should go with. it also works well with a stirling setup or just as a regular reactor so you can easily adjust how complicated you wanna go.

Also about windpower: The carbon wind turbines last FOREVER. we are talking hundreds of in game hours. i had one since the start of my current survival server and its down to like 80%. The amount of power you can produce before you break one of those wind turbines is absolutely insane

Blackpalt, its been a while.

I was tinkering with IC2 reactors today and decided to try this reactor. It still registers as a stable reactor in the planner but seems to very slowly overheat in practice.

Any clue why?

This is probably after 15-20 minutes running. (Screenshot)

http://imgur.com/hlGUkEi

Sunday, February 28th 2016, 4:48pm

you probably saw it already, but in the screenshot, you are missing 80 Hu/s compared to the design.
since the uranium cells still produce the 1280 Hu heat, and you only dispatiate 1200, it is only natural, that it overheats over time

Pyure

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 2:12am

you probably saw it already, but in the screenshot, you are missing 80 Hu/s compared to the design.
since the uranium cells still produce the 1280 Hu heat, and you only dispatiate 1200, it is only natural, that it overheats over time

Marius, I confess, I don't understand.

If I'm using the same design, with the same amount of cooling, but somehow generating 80 hu/s LESS heat than the design, shouldn't I be actually over-compensating the cooling?

(Put another way: If the design produces 1280 in the design, and is stable, I assume its cooling 1280 as well, which means mine should be cooling 1280 since its the same design)

I've actually simply decided that the planner itself must no longer be fully compliant.

inucune

Industrial Nightmare

Friday, March 11th 2016, 12:33am

New reactor is based on the the heat expelled by the vents into the coolant.

If the coolant is not returned or the vents are not "venting," your reactor will overheat.

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 1:17am

For anyone who is unaware the majority of the heat vents do not work in a fluid reactor.

You can only use: Heat vents, Reactor Heat Vents, Advanced Heat Vents, and the Component Heat Vents. Unless its different in the other versions as of version 2.2.810 only those cooling components can be used inside of the fluid reactor. The components even say that they can only be used in a eu reactor when you stick them inside of a fluid reactor.

This is my build getting a solid and consistent 816hu/t. This provides a 600eu/t output.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "sir3x" (Mar 16th 2016, 4:57am)

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 10:32am

Dissapearing Reactor Fluids

So I've been trying to get my reactor going, (playing on Hermitpack) I've got my IC2 Coolant cells, I put them into my system, fire up the reactor and wait 20 seconds before it over heats.

I'm getting a 5mb flow moving around the system, and I don't understand where my stacks upon stacks of coolant went?

Is it the fluid conduits I'm using from Ender Io? If so I can't seem to get anything to hook up to this thing properly.

I'm gonna rebuild this so, I'll see if that helps out

So I rebuilt it, centered on a single chunk still having slow transfer rates from my liquid heat exchangers to the coolant tank supply. I'm getting a 1mb exchange rate, from hot coolant to coolant is there something I'm doing wrong here?
I added Fluid Distributors, that seems to have helped the input from hot coolant into the LHE's, they transfer from hot to cool quite quickly now, but most of my fluid is still disappearing on me. Is one supposed to have a huge tank near by full of IC2 coolant fluid to have this 5x5 fluid reactor work properly?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Soft_Feather" (Nov 21st 2016, 9:12am)

Counter:

Hits today: 14,266 | Hits yesterday: 1,368 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,310,357