You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 7:37pm

Hi Player,
I don't know if Fastcraft allows to unload the Overworld to increase performance, beacuse lately my Server always crashes after 1.18:
http://pastebin.com/SnPbHwC5
If not then I wonder what's causing this (I haven't changed much since it worked last)...

Greetings
ultrasn0w

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 8:53pm

TickDynamic: I've already indicated in the reddit thread that it's not nearly as great of an idea in practice. It's not a new idea, sk89q and I tried it before, each independently, and ran into several corner cases making it much less attractive for general use. I have better ideas to achieve similar effects besides the generic tweaks FastCraft already does.

scorpian3600: Your crash report is missing the top bit, including all the necessary information. Please post it again.

ultrasn0w: I'm currently not altering chunk/dimension management in any directly relevant way, it may be that weather2 is just causing dimensions to load a bit too early (if it happens after startup) or something else unloading the spawn area. I unfortunately don't have the time to investigate this myself atm, the cause isn't obvious. FastCraft however is unlikely to be involved.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 9:08pm

Interessting how TickDynamic works. I wonder how it interacts with Mod Machines, especially if it continues to use the Blocks, which didn't tick on the tick before, instead of favoring the first few placed TileEntities while nothing else gets updated and freezes. Or Buildcraft Pipes, those will definetly get Issues if they don't tick every tick.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 10:16pm

Modpack

Can I use FastCraft in my new modpack that I am making. It will be on the FTB Launcher. If so can you reply or send me a PM. Thank you for reading this and thank you for making this mod.

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 10:16am

I was wondering about another thing... In most youtube videos and screenhots here and there I see people having a multiplayer chunk cache of around 425 or something. However, mine on my local server is pretty rediculously high at 625.. I sometimes see spikes on chunk updates to 4000!!! No idea why as the only few chunk loaders (dimensional anchors) I have only chunkload a small area.

Is there any way to bring that MP chunk limit down since I think that might also speed up things?

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 12:15pm

I was wondering about another thing... In most youtube videos and screenhots here and there I see people having a multiplayer chunk cache of around 425 or something. However, mine on my local server is pretty rediculously high at 625.. I sometimes see spikes on chunk updates to 4000!!! No idea why as the only few chunk loaders (dimensional anchors) I have only chunkload a small area.

Is there any way to bring that MP chunk limit down since I think that might also speed up things?
You might need to change the view distance in your server config, as for dedicated servers it is separate from the client view distance.

Okay, might someone with more experience in java help me out here, I'm having a lot of tick lag on my integrated server (my average ticks taking 150ms, but spikes going insanely high), I've included a nps recorded with /sampler spiketrigger 1000
If someone can point me towards the cause of these spikes, I can finally start looking for a way to fix them!
Entoarox has attached the following file:

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 6:20pm

Hopefully the last test version before the next release: http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.19.jar

It's just some bug fixes.

Entoarox: It's AE2, I've notified the maintainer.

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 6:47pm

Hopefully the last test version before the next release: http://files.player.to/fastcraft-1.19.jar

It's just some bug fixes.

Entoarox: It's AE2, I've notified the maintainer.
you certain? I had that idea, but removing the chunk loader for my base and unloading those chunks did not affect the tick-rate at all! :S

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 6:54pm

Next release hype! :P
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 10:51pm

When can we expect the permissions policy to change? You mentioned it.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 10:57pm

A few days.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 10:58pm

Just wait people, just wait...
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Arch

Tweaker

• "Arch" is male

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 11:26pm

Why wait when you can be annoying people RIGHT NOW !? ;D
[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 12:49am

because the usual reply to that question is "why let you annoy me when I can ban you RIGHT NOW!?!?!" (Yes, I just paraphrased one of the rules of the interwebs, sue me!)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 1:00am

Because i'm the one that tells you to not be annoying. Or face the consequences :3
Anyways, patience.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 1:03am

Honestly, about the permissions, the problem of people not understanding the mod and slapping it in a modpack could be averted by a simple FUCK YOU to those who come here crying ;)

AND it would be hillarious

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 1:53am

Hilarious, yes, we all like to slap some newbies. But that would be a bother to player and for those who are helping the development of the mod (proper reports).

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 1:57am

Hilarious, yes, we all like to slap some newbies. But that would be a bother to player and for those who are helping the development of the mod (proper reports).
It would be like a pub stomp

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 12:41pm

I get this crash when using this mod (1.16, 1.18, and today with 1.19) along with Optifine and the Forge version of FpsPlus (and other, normal mods):

Spoiler Spoiler

// Why did you do that?

Time: 3.2.2015 13:35
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: fastMath
at net.minecraft.client.settings.GameSettings.loadOfOptions(GameSettings.java:2794)
at net.minecraft.client.settings.GameSettings.func_74300_a(GameSettings.java:2326)
at net.minecraft.client.settings.GameSettings.<init>(GameSettings.java:376)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:378)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.settings.GameSettings.loadOfOptions(GameSettings.java:2794)
at net.minecraft.client.settings.GameSettings.func_74300_a(GameSettings.java:2326)
at net.minecraft.client.settings.GameSettings.<init>(GameSettings.java:376)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:378)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_31, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 35146240 bytes (33 MB) / 198311936 bytes (189 MB) up to 5355339776 bytes (5107 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx5G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML:
Launched Version: 1.7.10-Forge10.13.2.1291
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
GL Caps:
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Anisotropic Filtering: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 12:44pm

I get this crash when using this mod (1.16, 1.18, and today with 1.19) along with Optifine and the Forge version of FpsPlus (and other, normal mods):
fpsPlus and optifine are mutually exclusive, they both have the option to change the math functions to a faster one, so if you have optifine you dont need fpsPlus

Counter:

Hits today: 8,520 | Hits yesterday: 1,368 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,304,611