You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 2:25am

What the fuck is this thing supposed to be? It doesn't even remotely look like it should. Where are the two large Lamps on the left? Where is the Number Pad on the right?
Lol Greg calm down... Its just something he posted to demonstrate his textures, his pack isn't finished yet :p

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male
  • "Zerrens" started this thread

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 2:51am

Greg just likes my number pad. /flex

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 6:25am

Its just something he posted to demonstrate his textures, his pack isn't finished yet :p
Yes, this is simply a sample block and represents no machine in particular.

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 11:39am

Update coming soon. I've got almost all GUIs done! The style is very vanilla (gray, rounded edges, etc) but the icons, buttons, slots, and other things are in my textures. You won't notice a huge difference but the polish is definitely there.

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Monday, January 12th 2015, 1:12pm

1.0.4 out, contains many GUIs, mostly vanilla feel.

Poll opened. I might do the base IC2 textures as well, but I want to know if you guys want to see them in the same style or should I stick to the vanilla IC2 style.

Monday, January 12th 2015, 10:13pm

Honestly, stick with the current GT style.
I feel like we no longer use IC2 and use only GT instead because of the blatant texture difference + GT working well standalone (even if we still need better turbines and generators), so somehow unifying the textures could help a bit with that.

Minimalist Technology current version : v0.8
Minimalist Technology "Legacy" current version : v0.7

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Monday, January 12th 2015, 10:24pm

Honestly, stick with the current GT style.
I feel like we no longer use IC2 and use only GT instead because of the blatant texture difference + GT working well standalone (even if we still need better turbines and generators), so somehow unifying the textures could help a bit with that.
This

EDIT: also IC2+GT style unity (pun intended) is being done by Cynide

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 8:07am

Spoiler Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler

Mostly GT style faces. The only thing that survived was the machine block/advanced machine block color and outlines.

Kinetic IO is circular with green/red for input/output, standard. Heat uses the large copper conductor which glows red during operation. Reactor is blue? Blue you say!? Yes. Cherenkovradiation.

It's a sad day, really. IC2 block textures can't be (easily?) animated, since they aren't standard 16x16 and instead use a 192x16 sheet for each machine. :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zerrens" (Jan 13th 2015, 1:49pm)

• "TheHaiweiToHell" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 12:28pm

Love the overlays of machines and item texture you created, but at the same time I would love to have some sorta detailed modern industrial themed machine hulls (Like Pyrolusite's ones) for my factory. Maybe I could mix pyro's and yours and tweak them a little, would that look and fit well?

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 1:35pm

My machine face textures + pyro's machine hulls would work fine sure. I use hard edges usually, and so does he. I just have some shading, noise, and grit while he goes for the sleek and clean approach.

Go into my resource pack assets/gregtech/textures/blocks/iconsets/ and delete most of the textures that say "MACHINE_*VOLTAGE*_TOP/SIDE/BOTTOM" or whatever. All of the hull textures are in that folder.

• "TheHaiweiToHell" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 1:55pm

I just have some shading, noise, and grit

That's kinda what unity's style is, right? :)

Edit: New to this forum, no idea how quoting people works. XD

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 5:25pm

I just have some shading, noise, and grit

That's kinda what unity's style is, right? :)

Edit: New to this forum, no idea how quoting people works. XD
Click the Quote button at the bottom of your post. Then select message to quote.
Mostly GT style faces. The only thing that survived was the machine block/advanced machine block color and outlines.

Kinetic IO is circular with green/red for input/output, standard. Heat uses the large copper conductor which glows red during operation. Reactor is blue? Blue you say!? Yes. Cherenkovradiation.

It's a sad day, really. IC2 block textures can't be (easily?) animated, since they aren't standard 16x16 and instead use a 192x16 sheet for each machine.
Yeah I find working with IC2 textures annoying due to the sheet layout. As for your textures though, they are awesome :)

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 12:16pm

You know, I've never done armor before. Ever.

The armors contained in the pack right now are literally skins from PMC just jammed in. I want something.. more. What you see here is my Quantum armor. Nano armor will be slightly similar but with a carbon fiber feel andno glowing bits lol jk everything glows and I did Nano armor as well!

Quantum armor is extraordinary, and it deserves a maxtech alien feel. If armor could be animated, you bet your ass this one would be.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Zerrens" (Jan 14th 2015, 3:23pm)

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 3:55pm

10/10 Would make spare armour stand and set just to enjoy the textures
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 5:30pm

1.1 out. Contains changes to some GT textures (more animations/better definitions) and contains a lot of IC2 generator textures. The machines aren't started yet, but for people using Gregtech, you can't craft those anyway. Nuclear Reactor, RTGs, turbines, heat/kinetic generators all have textures.

Most items have textures, as well. Big update.

Mine_Sasha

A ninja with a composite unbreakable armor made out of diamond and carbon nanotubes :3

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 6:34pm

The quantum armor looks like the armor the combine soldiers have ^.^

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 6:50pm

Pretty generic high sci-fi power armor, really.
☑Glowy bits
☑Tubes
☑Visor
☑Green

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Zerrens" (Jan 14th 2015, 6:57pm)

Lefty

MineTweaker :O

• "Lefty" is male

Friday, January 16th 2015, 4:25pm

could you maybe change the battery texture a little that we have the little indicator how much energy is stored? :I that's the only thing I miss from other/original textures :D

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Friday, January 16th 2015, 10:44pm

All the batteries should indicate how much energy is stored by the small (1 pixel wide) bar on the left of each battery. They get darker with use, but I could change them to be like IC2 RE batteries and instead fill and drain.

Lefty

MineTweaker :O

• "Lefty" is male

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 1:11am

Oh I didn't saw that :D Thought it was just static :D I will look tomorrow, I mean if I know where to look then okay I just thought there isn't any indicator :D