You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 8:39pm

Gregtech 1.7.10 Tutorials

Hello you guys i am going into deep information on gregtech because when i needed help there wasnt anything to help me. here is my first video
________________________________________________________________________________________
Basic Ores
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P5vehzwETM
________________________________________________________________________________________

Basic Tools 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2P_2iBh12g
bronze age 1
First try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDltQvACCQ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Redone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_QAFan7Ds

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "mightydanp" (Feb 25th 2015, 7:23am)

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 6:59am

Good that your tried to make a tutorial, but please turn down obnoxiousness. With all that unnecessary camera movement it becomes really hard to watch.
Tutorials needs to be informative, unfortunately I couldn't finish watching since your camera movement quickly putted me off.

If you make presentation less obnoxious then your tutorials will be significantly more watchable.

Ill try to finish watching later, so I can make a more objective review of your efforts, but currently I am not able too.

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 4:29pm

I applaud the efforts, and subscribed to see how you improve.

I'll give you some constructive criticism:

1. Don't use in-game signs. Instead, write everything you're going to say on paper then go through it methodically.
  2. Keep it short. I liked the length, but theoretically you should need no more than 3 minutes depending on the topic.
  3. Keep camera steady.
  4. Use jump cuts. You don't need too much by the way of fancy editing, just cut out the unnecessary bits- keep it moving at a rapid pace.

I hope you stick to it, and I can't wait for more :)

Monday, January 12th 2015, 12:02am

Thank you for you suggestions. The reason why i cut and skip some of the scenes is because some of my mic pic ups my breath as im talling so i try and cut it or sometimes i lose my train of thought.. i will work on tryimg to make less cuts and keeping my camera steady and wont use signs. For the signs i put them up just incase someone wants to pause the video.
Today i will upload a new video after i have writen down and gone throw what im goimg to be saying. I will also make a better set up and only use the signs to tell you what the item or block its.

If you have any suggestions on the next video please tell me. The next video will be about tools and how to use them

Monday, January 12th 2015, 8:44am

New Video has ben uploaded

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Monday, January 12th 2015, 7:47pm

I do like the new video :)
Nice work dude

Monday, January 12th 2015, 8:11pm

Any more suggestions

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Monday, January 12th 2015, 9:08pm

Any more suggestions
Hmm... maybe not showing crafting onscreen? If you want, you can screenshot it and overlay it (pretty much all video editors allow this, including moviemaker and iMovie):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCScuk3NV4I#t=140

See the top left corner.

Other than that, I guess just keep at it and feel confident :)

Monday, January 12th 2015, 11:29pm

I studdedered alot it took me 12 redoes. I got one nearly perfect so i edited out some of it and came up with that. I have a quistion though. When i am showing the crafting recipes om the screen should i just explaim the itwm or block or just describr the crafting recipient

Queue

CQI Co-founder

• "Queue" is male

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 1:43am

I studdedered alot it took me 12 redoes. I got one nearly perfect so i edited out some of it and came up with that. I have a quistion though. When i am showing the crafting recipes om the screen should i just explaim the itwm or block or just describr the crafting recipient

Don't describe the crafting, just say to look it up in NEI- you're insane if you play Gregtech without NEI anyway :P
Or maybe you could just put text onscreen saying what the item is, so they can look it up in NEI. People use NEI, so recipes are less of an issue than what the items actually do (which is what the tutorial is for anyway). Putting text might actually be easier than using some king of image.

Just floating some ideas, if you want to use them. I made some mockups if you want, and I can make more if you want to actually use them in future videos.
Queue has attached the following files:
  • Stone pick.png (475.06 kB - 141 times downloaded - latest: Mar 3rd 2017, 9:31am)
  • hammer.png (502.07 kB - 144 times downloaded - latest: Mar 19th 2017, 2:10pm)

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 3:41am

Thanks for the ideas :) I might do the Text for the item

Wednesday, January 14th 2015, 7:02am

New video about the bronze age willl be uploaded tommarow night

Friday, January 16th 2015, 2:14am

New video posted

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 11:50pm

New video will be posted tommarow

Monday, February 9th 2015, 4:49pm

Keep up a good job.
Tutorials for GT are badly needed for many people.

Wednesday, February 25th 2015, 7:23am

Uploaded a re done version of the bronze age because the other one was really horrably edited my apoligies

Counter:

Hits today: 2,981 | Hits yesterday: 34,655 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 64,970,290