You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 1:31pm

optimization source code

I'm not sure I chose the right forum, but here are the author modification "industrial" ...
I found a wasteful method of obtaining the difference tier in the "calculateRatioFor"

Source code

if (b.tier() < a.tier() - 1) {
   	value -= 2 * (a.tier() - b.tier());
 	}
 	if (b.tier() - 3 > a.tier()) {
   	value -= b.tier() - a.tier();
 	}

it can be rewritten as follows:

Source code

int tier = a.tier() - b.tier();
if (tier > 1) {
   	value -= 2 * tier;
 	}
 	if ( tier < -3) {
   	value += tier;
 	}

This is small change and the load too small, but I hope the mod will be a little better...

Wednesday, March 4th 2015, 2:12pm

in the "calculateRatioFor"

ic2.core.crop.TileEntityCrop::calculateRatioFor(Cropcard a, Cropcard b)
Line number is 404, as of 2.2.687

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 11:25pm

I've been wondering for a while now where I can find the source code, preferably with instructions on how to build it? I might try my hand at fixing some things.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 11:40pm

IC2 source is closed, by the way.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

xbony2

Copper Miner

• "xbony2" is male
  • United States

Friday, March 6th 2015, 12:29am

Closed as in Closed Sourced. I know everybody's opened IC2 in JD-GUI before, but it's probably best not to post IC2 code unless you really have to. It's probably better to PM Player if you want to suggest a change to IC2.
Help the Official FTB Wiki reach 8000 9000 10,000 11,000 12,000 13,000 14,000 pages!

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background...

Friday, March 6th 2015, 12:34am

The closest you can get to the sources are by disassembling or decompiling the developer jar. Personally I disassemble because it is lossless. One example of disassembly is the Class File Editor in Eclipse, if you just try and open an internal class of the IC2 jar from a Forge gradle setup.

Friday, March 6th 2015, 8:41am

That's actually not a significant optimization, the compiler may even do it itself.

I've adopted it anyway to improve readability and fixed the previously broken stat comparison.