You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 5:05am

Mark 1 reactor, 3 efficiency < Nope, it's Mark III

Don't believe me, eh? I don't blame you. I am cheating considerably, as I am using a redstone clock to make this reactor work.

3:1 clock (1 on pulse to 4 off pulses) connected to a reactor with 6 chambers and a 2x2 uranium setup in the center (or wherever, coincidentally).

Simple as that! 2x2 square means 2 connections each; 2 connections means 3 pulses each tick, 3 pulses means 30 heat per uranium, that equates to 120 heat/tick when the reactor's on. 120/4 = 30, which is the average heat per tick.

3x3 cube (wait, I'm starting to doubt this, for it makes it such that only 1 block of water is necessary outside of the reactor chambers...) of water surrounding means 3x3x3 cooling, +6 because of additional cooling due to chambers, -2 due to redstone setup (cobble + redstone above). This all evens out to 31 cooling, and therefore the total heat production is -1.

This is an easy setup, as it requires few starting materials, and the only tending one has to perform is on uranium, and of course to cut the power when logging in/out, as the redstone can bug, which could cause catastrophic nuclear meltdown.

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 5:14am

Wow, I haven't been following this thoroughly enough. I haven't put any effort into this reactor, and it really shows. If I had been at the top of my game, I would have made Grincore's 4.44 efficiency reactor, but I guess that's the deal. In any case, I think that my reactor is not worth mentioning.

As an aside: I miss nukes. T_T
I made myself an endgame in IC 1 of creating and detonating 100 nukes, and it was quite satisfying (no TMI, of course). The explosion on a completely filled nuclear reactor is measly in comparison.

FourFire

Industrial Alchemist

• "FourFire" is male

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 8:33am

RE: Mark 1 reactor, 3 efficiency

Don't believe me, eh? I don't blame you. I am cheating considerably, as I am using a redstone clock to make this reactor work.

3:1 clock (1 on pulse to 4 off pulses) connected to a reactor with 6 chambers and a 2x2 uranium setup in the center (or wherever, coincidentally).

Simple as that! 2x2 square means 2 connections each; 2 connections means 3 pulses each tick, 3 pulses means 30 heat per uranium, that equates to 120 heat/tick when the reactor's on. 120/4 = 30, which is the average heat per tick.

3x3 cube (wait, I'm starting to doubt this, for it makes it such that only 1 block of water is necessary outside of the reactor chambers...) of water surrounding means 3x3x3 cooling, +6 because of additional cooling due to chambers, -2 due to redstone setup (cobble + redstone above). This all evens out to 31 cooling, and therefore the total heat production is -1.

This is an easy setup, as it requires few starting materials, and the only tending one has to perform is on uranium, and of course to cut the power when logging in/out, as the redstone can bug, which could cause catastrophic nuclear meltdown.
I am sorry but this makes your reactor a Mark III
the definition of a mark I is that it can do a full cycle (of 10 000 seconds) Uninterupted
however it is a nice concept for quarter cycle semi Mark I ism
yes without a clock it becomes a Mark II as has been demonstrated in various threads including my own

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 8:36am

MarkII-1B i.e. your 3 efficiency reactor, but will run full cycle without needing a clock, just needs a good long cooldown(should be about a half a cycle to cooldown)

http://test.vendaria.net/index.php?react…CCHCCHHCCCHCCHC

Groll

Tree Cutter

• "Groll" is male
  • Ukraine

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 7:08am

High efficient use of uranium? - Sure!
Efficient use of reactor? - Nope!

Your setup makes only 12 EU/t average output, and we are talking about 6 chambers! Its more efficient to build 24 solar panels, 1 geo or simply a wood farm for charcoal.

Friday, September 23rd 2011, 2:58pm

This is not a Mark I, as the definition states a Mark I produces no heat per tick, whatsoever.
It's not even a Mark II, as it doesn't run a full cycle, but "needs" a cooldown (with your clock setup).
Greetz,
Alblaka

Counter:

Hits today: 5,707 | Hits yesterday: 24,838 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 36,473,968