You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 9:02am

Well, what about limiting based on total EU flowing through, then? So that basically all packets get merged into one, and if that packet is too big, fire.
No. This mod is meant to bring the IC2Classic E-Net back and the way it works now is exactly how IC2Classic worked.

Well, actually I meant for that to be a config option, if it's not too difficult to implement.

Well what you are asking for is simply a classic Exp EnergyNet which is not possible yet, because ever packet get handled by its own,
for explaining:
A transformer sends up to 4 packets. The EnergyNet see how much packets he wants to send an process them in a row (first packet 1 then packet 2 and so on).
With that system we can not track how many eu did flow through a single cable each tick, because there is no actual tracking system for that installed...

Sry

Tuesday, July 7th 2015, 9:23am

Well, actually I meant for that to be a config option, if it's not too difficult to implement.
That would be difficult to implement. It would require a completely new system. If you want to have that happen, your best bet is to use the "normal" E-Net and turn on explosions.
Check out my mods here.

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Wednesday, July 8th 2015, 1:06pm

Update:
Made a Nei Plugin which allows you to see the Overriden Recipes.
(Only when you load the Experimental Recipe Overrider).

Friday, July 10th 2015, 10:23am

Went there

And didn't go back.

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 4:27pm

The Luminator is not Working whit the enet...

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 7:05pm

Weird.
Check out my mods here.

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 9:41pm

It depends how they work. we have to take a look into the source. maybe a feature that the enet does not support...

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 9:50pm

They connect for a tick then reject the connection. Then next tick try again. Cheap strobe lighting but not good for your frame rate. Attaching them directly to storage units makes them not work at all.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 10:19pm

Just looked at how they work.
Will probably do a rewrite.
Check out my mods here.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 10:53pm

Luminators haven't changed since IC1, I expect the code hasn't much either.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Sunday, July 12th 2015, 11:06pm

We also have another block like that, the terraformer. I gave enough suggestions about it, so its up to you what to do.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Monday, July 27th 2015, 5:18am

I'm curious: is this addon compatible and worthwhile when playing GT5u with IC2 cables disabled?

Edit: to clarify, I mean the "IC2Classic E-Net" part. As you might guess from my interest in Gregtech, I'm not interested in the "uncomplication" of recipes.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MauveCloud" (Jul 27th 2015, 5:24am)

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Monday, July 27th 2015, 5:46am

If the mod uses the CableAPI right then it works...

So try it out...

Pyure

Bored due to childish bullshit, thus Forum-Retired.

Monday, July 27th 2015, 2:42pm

I'm curious: is this addon compatible and worthwhile when playing GT5u with IC2 cables disabled?

Edit: to clarify, I mean the "IC2Classic E-Net" part. As you might guess from my interest in Gregtech, I'm not interested in the "uncomplication" of recipes.

If you test it, post your findings, I'm also curious.

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Monday, July 27th 2015, 4:05pm

I was originally planning on using it for my longer mod list (see Some questions, and looking for suggestions on which mods I should use now.), which I won't be starting for a week and a half at least (so I can gradually step down my texture sizes, and hopefully be able to endure 16x textures by then). However, since you asked, I tried it with an existing world after backing it up. I didn't test extensively, but here are my findings:
1. an IC2 machine will explode when connected directly to a higher-voltage IC2 source, e.g. a CESU on the output of a kinetic wind setup with a carbon rotor, or an IC2 pump on the output of a different CESU. However, neither of those explosions broke any nearby blocks. Is that normal?
2. an IC2 machine connected to a higher-voltage GT source will not explode. The IC2 pump I tested on the CESU was previously set up with two 4x annealed copper cables between it and an MV battery buffer, and even after removing the transformer upgrade I'd put in before as a precaution, it didn't explode. I also tried it on an output side of a GT MV transformer, and it didn't explode.

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Monday, July 27th 2015, 4:50pm

Ohh thats interesting...
Normally it should explode also the Wires should melt... The thing is you have to check if the InputTiers of the Machines are higher then the Sended Energy... If the input tier is for example 128 eu but you transfering only 120 then it will not explode...
It has also something todo with the energy which was already sended because that causes the energynet to send less energy to the Machine which comes next and the explosion is prevented.
Also the Explosion happens only if the sended EU is greater then the save tier of the machine... Powerloss is also a thing... Keep that in mind...
Anyway interesting thing i will check that as soon as i can / aroma if he can check that before i am aviable again...

Edit: Config has a Easy mode... Dissables Explosions. Check that (should be deactive from what you are telling but that is just a savety check)

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Monday, July 27th 2015, 5:41pm

I deleted the configs and restored my backup save, but I had opened the config before to turn the machine and recipe changes, and when I saw the easy mode option, I made sure to leave it disabled. As far as powerloss, by my calculations that pump should have been getting 126 EU/t when connected to the annealed copper cables, and an IC2 pump without a transformer upgrade has a max input of 32 EU/t, right?

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Monday, July 27th 2015, 5:51pm

Thats IC2 Exp... Not my terretory... Ask Aroma... (Aroma xD)

Monday, July 27th 2015, 5:58pm

A pump has 32 EU/t max input without a transformer upgrade.
Copper Cable (I) have a conduction loss of 0.2EU/block.
Copper Cable have a conduction loss of 0.3EU/block.
Check out my mods here.

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 7:20pm

Those losses are for IC2 cables, which I had disabled. However, whichever cables I was using, 2 of them between the MV battery buffer and the pump should not have lost enough to be safe for a pump.

Counter:

Hits today: 4,843 | Hits yesterday: 35,349 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,336,283