You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 24th 2015, 4:38pm

[OFFICIAL] Machine/Craftingrecipe Suggestions

Note: This is a RECIPE Suggestion Thread and a RECIPE Suggestion Thread only. General suggestions not related to machines should not be put here. For other suggestions, create a new Thread in the Suggestions section.

In the last couple of months/years, Minecraft has changed a lot. The content of playing Minecraft/IC2 has changed and so did the way you play the game.
Over the last couple of days, I found quite a bit of recipes/machine recipes that are not needed anymore, because something else replaces it or there is an easier way to do something. But things also changed, so you would need a recipe, that is currently not here. If you find any recipes/machine recipes, that you think are not needed anymore, or if you are missing a recipe that you think should be there, no matter if it's a crafting recipe or if it is a machine recipe, please post it here.

Please include:
  • The recipe you think should be added/removed.
  • If the recipe is a crafting recipe or a machine recipe.
  • Why the recipe should be added or removed.
  • Why you think the recipe should be added for that machine.
If you think a recipe currently on one machine should be moved to another machine, please also post it here, including the information above.
Check out my mods here.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Aroma1997" (Jan 15th 2016, 5:51am)

estebes

The guy who said he was back although he wasn't actually back but might be back soon

Portugal

Saturday, October 24th 2015, 11:27pm

I would like to see a compressor recipe for scrapboxes.
9 scrap on the compressor equals 1 scrapbox just to have of way of automating it without othermods.

Sunday, November 1st 2015, 5:36am

The fluted axle (crafted in turning table, 43434) should be in the recipe of kinetic wind generator, just like kinetic water generator.

By the way, I would like to see a small version of coolant nuclear reactor (3*3*3, with fluid port, access hatch and redstone port)

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, November 1st 2015, 11:43am

By the way, I would like to see a small version of coolant nuclear reactor (3*3*3, with fluid port, access hatch and redstone port)
You couldn't fit a reactor in that size, 5x5x5 was (probably) picked because you had to build a box but could still fit a reactor inside.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Sunday, November 1st 2015, 2:37pm

You couldn't fit a reactor in that size, 5x5x5 was (probably) picked because you had to build a box but could still fit a reactor inside.
Well, I mean building a mid-game reactor without any reactor chambers.
like this:

A full size reactor with 6 reactor chambers requires a 5x5x5 box, though.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Saturday, November 14th 2015, 2:26pm

While watching Q stream yesterday, I had an idea how you could make coolant cells directly from putting cells of distilled water in the left slot of the canning machine and lapis dust in the middle to get coolant cells directly, rather than having to empty the distilled water cells into the canning machine (losing the cells unless they're universal fluid ones), swap the tanks over, then add the lapis dust to them and make sure there's empty cells in the left slot. It would make the process a little easier if you're moving distilled water manually with cells rather than having a dedicated canning machine which is fed via pipes.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Saturday, November 14th 2015, 7:11pm

Can we make overclocked upgrades with 1 heat vent instead of 3 coolant cells?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Saturday, November 14th 2015, 7:21pm

Can we make overclocked upgrades with 1 heat vent instead of 3 coolant cells?
That'd make them too easy, they're pretty well positioned in the tech tree where they are right now.

I see this too much.

Mine_Sasha

A ninja with a composite unbreakable armor made out of diamond and carbon nanotubes :3

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 7:16pm

They never we're hard to make anyway, classical time or even exp... I'd would have made them like COFH did... ( level 1 OC upgrade, level 2 but requires also a level 1 installed, etc.. )

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 7:46pm

That's foolish, as our upgrades are designed to be stackable to increase the effects as much as the user chooses. Making power is meant to be the true restriction from having too many, not the actual item cost.

I see this too much.

Mine_Sasha

A ninja with a composite unbreakable armor made out of diamond and carbon nanotubes :3

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 8:22pm

Yes but they are way to cheap due to that, possible solutions are either the one I proposed either the old GT one ^-^

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 8:26pm

With needing coolant now, a lot more effort does have to be put in, as well as a canning machine, macerator, metal former and some form of distilled water production.

I see this too much.

Mine_Sasha

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 7:15pm

I still think we should reduce Overclockers Max stacks...

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 7:17pm

You're wasting power to achieve nothing after ~12 in most machines, we should let people do that. It's their problem if they think using a whole stack is sensible or productive.

I see this too much.

Speiger

TMT & IC2 Classic Dev

• "Speiger" is male

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 7:53pm

Well actually not really chocohead because IC2 Exp has something that makes it usefull to have even 20 in side (as long you run them via Crystal/charger) because IC2 Machines can process more items per Tick now. So if you have 20 upgrades installed you process at least 2 Items per tick. Which is faster then the induction furnace xDD Any other machine. (Note then you eat at least 2k EU per tick but then 1k EU is per item is still cheaper then 8 overclocker upgrades per furnace, which is i think 300-600 EU per tick and i think 3-5 ticks)

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 9:15pm

There's a point where despite processing more items per tick, you're using masses of power to do so. The percents stack really quickly, 8 might be more expensive but if you're going past half a stack then it's going to be more expensive too.

I see this too much.

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 3:59am

I got another one
Wrenching dry construction foam to get the block, since you can wrench to destroy faster than a pickaxe

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 5:32am

I got another one
Wrenching dry construction foam to get the block, since you can wrench to destroy faster than a pickaxe
1.) This is not a recipe suggestion.
2.) Did you ever use a Wrench or a Screwdriver in RL to pick up CF?
Check out my mods here.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 7:52am

What would you do with a lump of dry construction foam anyway? It would surely be easier to just have a CF sprayer and some sand so you could put it (and quickly dry it) anywhere anyway?

I see this too much.

McAztec

Reactor Caretaker

• "McAztec" is male

Wednesday, December 2nd 2015, 6:49pm

What would you do with a lump of dry construction foam anyway? It would surely be easier to just have a CF sprayer and some sand so you could put it (and quickly dry it) anywhere anyway?
Well the current CF sprayer will place quite a few blocks and sometimes it can be tricky to get them in the right shape, which is far easier using reinforced construction foam, but that costs more. Perhaps a compromise can be made by adding another CF sprayer that only places 1 block at a time, or make the current one have 2 mods, normal or single-block.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…el2kd6va5p0abcw - Found somewhere on google, credits to the author - Mark I 420 EU/t
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/reactorplanner.html?21p7ds7vjn8d4rrg5euena0j0anwqs5tqe8mpqftwnndc0hz5wgz10h06fjkhhg7ah50dzgfva0qsqo - Made it myself (but I'm sure it's been done before) - Mark I - 1200 hU/t
Nuclear power at it's best! :thumbsup:

Counter:

Hits today: 1,773 | Hits yesterday: 29,849 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,265,137