You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 5:51pm

Energy transfer rate?

In my world, I'm trying to speed things up a bit by creating a power block to an MFSU, to a terraformer. The terraformer theoretically needs 512EU/t. So, in order to speed things up because I was already cheating in using the damn thing, I decided I'd go into the .ini file and kinda change some energy generation/kinetic unit generation values to oh say about 1000... I now have a wind turbine producing 1.3E7 EU/t, and a block of semifluid generators with buildcraft fuel producing 32000 EU/t. My issue is: the internal storage of both don't empty quick enough in order to take advantage of the 1.3E7 or 32000 EU/t values. How can I get the internal storages to dump quick enough to power the terraformer(s)?
Edit:I should mention just in case it makes a difference, although I don't have it turned on in config. I'm using glass fibre/rednet energy cables.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 6:00pm

You can't, the machines will always have a max output depending on their tier, you can't pull more than 512 EU/t from a HV generator etc.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 6:30pm

oh man that makes me so sad... As a follow up question then, is there somewhere I can find a tier list for generators?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 6:36pm

If you hover over them it tells you the maximum output, the kinetic generator is 512 EU, hence you can only pull 512 EU/t from it.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 6:44pm

so essentially, I can pretty much only use KE generators to power them> Or a reactor... I'm pretty sure this next question is a no, but is there some way to spread KU thorughout multiple machines? it would be useful considering my wind generator is going at about 50000 ku/t

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 7:15pm

There's no way to move it the same way you can't move hU, but unlike hU, Aroma made an addon that adds axles that can move it: [Addon] [MC 1.7.10] ElectricalAddition

It's only really a testing mod though, so last I checked there's no textures.

I see this too much.

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 7:17pm

You sir are a god send. Thanks for being so much help on the forums :D