You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 3:03pm

[Noob Question] Energy Source

Which energy generator do you guys use in early-Mid Game?

i Came from

1 - Generator w/ coal
2 - Geothermal w/ regular tours to Hell

But i don't know which is the next. I tried working with some Steam/Kinect machinery but i don´t know if its the correct.

Tips are welcome!

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 3:31pm

You could start on solar panels if you've only got a few machines or want a totally maintenance free form of power generation, but they could get quite expensive depending on how much power you are using (a metal former would take 10 to run non-stop on it's own for example, although if you've got something like a CESU storing the EU while you're not using it then that might not matter). The best options would be the kinetic wind/water generators, as they'll output a fair amount of power (at Y160 and a carbon rotor a few hundred EU is almost guaranteed with a kinetic wind generator) and are really only out-produced by nuclear reactors or steam setups.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

BoggyDG

Yo soy tú madre!

• "BoggyDG" is male

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 4:43pm

i'd recommend kinetic wind/water generators for the beginning and maybe 20-ish solar panels if the wind gets calmer and later on get a small nukelear reactor like me that is outputting 100eu/t or maybe get the advanced generators mod and start making biogas.

Wednesday, December 30th 2015, 8:09pm

Thanks for the tips! I'll try!

inucune

Industrial Nightmare

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 2:43am

I am going to recommend that if you use buildcraft or any mod that allows you to easily move fluids, to set up a fermentor on a liquid heat generator to a tank, then pipe the output (from the other side of the tank) to liquid heat generators and stirling generators. as long as you have plant material, you have a slow but steady power supply.

I run reactors but use this as my "diesel" backup.

If you don't have piping mods, a windmill with an iron rotor or two will hold you until you get a sustainable reactor built.

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 6:18pm

pipe the output (from the other side of the tank) to liquid heat generators and stirling generators
One note in terms of actual power generation a semifluid generator produces just as much power, just as quickly as a fluid heat-stirling generator setup does but only uses half the space. Might be intentional, might not be, but as far as I can tell that's how it is right now.
"It's like a war dog, only instead of a dog, it's a grizzly bear."
-Urist