You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 8:58pm

Converting ordinary steam

I like getting my solar from thermal solar instead of panels. What's the best way to convert regular steam to EU (or to IC2e steam) without using Gregtech?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 9:15pm

Railcraft has a multiblock steam turbine that can create good amounts of EU for steam, and the newer versions of IC2 have a WIP converter of IC2 steam to normal, but I think that's the only cross steam compat that exists.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 9:57pm

You know what the name of the IC2 block is?

The railcraft thing basically consumes steel as fuel, it might as well be removed from the game X(

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 11:46pm

It's called the Steam Repressurizer, but it's not got a recipe yet if you're planning to use it in survival.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 8:20am

I'm missing the obvious solution here: Add a line to make the fluid heat generator consume steam.

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 2:18am

Or not, because all the energy generation is apparently hardcoded :/

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 4:57am

solution to the solution, Minetweaker has hooks in the semifluid generator. No crazy IC2steam contraption but it'll do.