You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 14th 2011, 3:19am

Direwolf20's Video Tutorials

As requested, I collapsed all the posts into 1 -- and deleted any I could. However, any posts that got a reply I can't delete, so if a mod would kindly clean them up :). That'd be SUPER!

I'll continue to edit/add to this post as new tutorials come out. Also feel free to use this post for comments/questions/corrections/requests/morecowbell/etc.

Agriculture

Tier 1 energy
Tier 2 energy
Tier 3 energy
Rubber Trees
Miner
Teleporters
Furnaces (All kinds)
Macerator
Pumps (v1.15)
Mass Fabricator
Quantum Armor Suit
Tesla Coil
CF Sprayer

Generators - Advanced Usage and different types of fuel
Solar Panels
Geothermal Generators
Nuclear Reactors

Addon Spotlights
Advanced Machines - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ta9bRtECsM
Wall Forcefield Generator - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znj-G7sz1Nc
MoreTreeTaps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeJApzaby…be_gdata_player
Portable Teleporter - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUY_hcTT33w

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GregoriusT" (Feb 29th 2016, 9:39am)

Friday, October 14th 2011, 3:49am

about rubber trees.

there is a small chance that when you cut down a block that you also get resin. is that a repeatable thing like turning gravel into flint or one-shot only.

also if you place a tree block down is there a chance that a resin spot will be on it on it or do those only happen as part of the sapling turning into a tree?

P.S. loved the Let's Play and it let me find IC2 and EE

Friday, October 14th 2011, 4:00am

about rubber trees.

there is a small chance that when you cut down a block that you also get resin. is that a repeatable thing like turning gravel into flint or one-shot only.

also if you place a tree block down is there a chance that a resin spot will be on it on it or do those only happen as part of the sapling turning into a tree?

P.S. loved the Let's Play and it let me find IC2 and EE

#1 -- Not sure, never tried, but i doubt it.
#2 -- Definitely doesn't work -- resin spots only appear on them when they grow from a sapling.

#3 - Thanks :)

Friday, October 14th 2011, 5:04am

The chance of resin only applies to resin source logs, therefore it is not repeatable.

Friday, October 14th 2011, 2:13pm

Zippinus got it :).

Also, his posting here reminds me that I didn't include my Addon spotlights in the OP -- they've been added.

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 8:34pm

Added:

Mass Fabricator
Quantum Suit.

Monday, October 17th 2011, 2:18am

do the install instructions you made a video for still work for 1.8.1 or is it a bit different now?

Monday, October 17th 2011, 2:43am

Its even easier now, actually. Just install IC2 as instructed on the WIKI : http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Download

Then add Buildcraft, EquivExchange (Forge), PortalGun, IC2 addons (like adv. machines, etc), and Additional Pipes .

With those mods, I've not had to change a single ID. It all worked flawlessly.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 11:28am

It would be awesome if you made a tut on the tesla coil :D.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 3:07pm

I think i can manage that. ;)

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 3:21pm

When can we expect Breeders?

Sunday, October 30th 2011, 4:51pm

Added Tesla Coil and CF Sprayer. Breeders -- I hardly understand myself :) I'd be a bad teacher on that subject.

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 1:14pm

Added Portable Teleporter and More Tree Taps mod spotlights.

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 5:12pm

Some of the best tutorials I've seen in forever.

Great job.

HeadHunter67

Mad Scientist

• "HeadHunter67" is male
  • "HeadHunter67" has been banned
  • United States

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 3:35pm

Added Tesla Coil and CF Sprayer. Breeders -- I hardly understand myself :) I'd be a bad teacher on that subject.

I just watched the CF Sprayer video and found it very informative. I have always wanted to work with it but wasn't sure quite how to do it. Sadly, I'm playing on a very old world (before clay became abundant), so I may invest the 5 UU-M to make 48 blocks of the stuff. :)

Keep up the good work and thanks for helping me to learn more about IC!
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand." - Bertrand Russell

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 1:45pm

Thanks for explaining the new construction foam! Someday I'm going to make just one flat wall and paint my face on it. :P
Using it now to encase a reactor(don't say its stupid, Its only to surround a Mk1.)

HeadHunter67

Mad Scientist

• "HeadHunter67" is male
  • "HeadHunter67" has been banned
  • United States

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 6:19pm

Whenever I see a mod that may be interesting, I check and see if Direwolf has done a video of it. If I can watch it and grasp how to use the cool new stuff, I download the mod. I've yet to be disappointed.

Thanks to these videos, I have added More Advanced Machines, More TreeTaps, and Personal Teleporters to my game.
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand." - Bertrand Russell

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 6:57pm

FYI I'm open to ideas on new Tutorial videos, if theres anything someone doesn't understand!

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 3:46pm

Added -- Agriculture (See top post)

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 5:59pm

I have a question to your Tutorial-Let's-Play. Are you going to use Computercraft in it? I think that would fit good into your lets play, before you are running out of Ideas. :D

I have written a Turtleprogram that builds a Standard-Direwolf20-9x9-House for the user.

The program is completely selfexplaining, and attached.

Would be nice if you include it, when you are explaining Computercraft in Season 03.
GregoriusT has attached the following file:
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Counter:

Hits today: 48,839 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,058,237