You are not logged in.

IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)
Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft recent version: v8.55_02! (For Minecraft 1.7.3 Beta)
Please pay attention on where you put your topics! (IC² doesn't belong into IC)

wcf.user.register.welcome

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 7:04pm

IC2 Tiers

If you had to put every item in IC2 into 3 tiers.
Where would you put every item?

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 7:25pm

all HV based items: Tier 3 (Industrial)
all MV based items: Tier 2 (Commercial)
all LV based items: Tier 1 (Residential)
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 7:29pm

Actually there should also be a small pre-industrial tier, like Treetaps.

Oh and I would like to make 2 bronze-dust from 3 Copper-Ore and 1 Tin-Ore (which is worse than using the Dusts, but a good access to bronze as also pre-industrial).

But I agree T1 = LV, Batteries, T2 = MV, Energy-Crystals, T3 = HV, Lap-Crystals

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 7:46pm

all HV based items: Tier 3 (Industrial)
all MV based items: Tier 2 (Commercial)
all LV based items: Tier 1 (Residential)
By that every generator but the Reactor would be in Tier 1 and the reactor is in all three XD

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 8:28pm

Quoted

By that every generator but the Reactor would be in Tier 1 and the reactor is in all three XD
So? It's surprisingly easy to create a furnace and to link it to a boiler/dynamo to generate electricity... sure, it's slightly impractical in some ways, but it's still doable in the sense of creating localized electricity in your own home...

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

ultimate_omega

Copper Miner

• "ultimate_omega" is male

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 8:46pm

Quoted

So? It's surprisingly easy to create a furnace and to link it to a boiler/dynamo to generate electricity... sure, it's slightly impractical in some ways, but it's still doable in the sense of creating localized electricity in your own home...
And people often did something to this effect when there were blackouts, especially in the winter. Furnace to keep warm, the boiler/dynamo to keep electricity flowing.

Monday, February 13th 2012, 4:23am

Quoted

And people often did something to this effect when there were blackouts, especially in the winter. Furnace to keep warm, the boiler/dynamo to keep electricity flowing.
Dynamo?

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 7:19pm

Pretty much THE source of all electrical generation on the planet. Every power plant has a large one of these creating electrical differentials by rotation of some sort. That rotation can either be caused by steam generated by coal/geothermal/nuclear heat, or some other methods of mechanical rotation. Solar panels are the exception to this rule, as they rely on the charge displacement of electrons as they are being bombarded by light from the Sun.

Quoted

Rick

Master engineer

• "Rick" is male
  • Netherlands

Thursday, February 23rd 2012, 10:31pm

Quoted

Dynamo?
No way there ppl who dont know what it is?
Official list of good reactor designs:
[OFFICIAL] List of good reactor designs

• "xenoflot" is male
  • Australia

Friday, February 24th 2012, 12:04am

No way there ppl who dont know what it is?
There are people alive today that would not be able to tell you what these items are:
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…1501521s1r11r10

Friday, February 24th 2012, 12:31am

LOL! I know, right? And to think what it will be like when we hit our grandparent's ages with the technological changes to society that we'll have to endure...

Quoted

Friday, February 24th 2012, 1:26pm

Xeno how about these may as well go back a little bit further

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_tape

Friday, February 24th 2012, 6:49pm

Did you know 8 tracks never need to be rewound? Yeah I do thanks to Dad, long road trips and Niel Diamond.....

There is no good reason for a 8 year old to know all the words to You don't bring me flowers. None what so ever.

Friday, February 24th 2012, 8:41pm

i woudl add:
bronze armor: Tier1
Nano Suite: Tier2
Qantum suite: Tier3

Friday, February 24th 2012, 11:44pm

holy crap I havent seen one in years. Never used one though, thought I do remember Compact Cassettes before everyone switched to CDs.
But anyways that isnt the point of this thread guys.

• "xenoflot" is male
  • Australia

Saturday, February 25th 2012, 4:15am

8-tracks never made it big in Australia. I was a teen in the 80s and by then the CD had appeared and was getting popular. I still have a few dozen vinyls in a cupboard somewhere though :)
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.…1501521s1r11r10

Counter:

Hits today: 8,361 | Hits yesterday: 28,226 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 32,962,723