You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:52pm

Aka13_404, lets not be unfair. He is right about that gollark8 post was a bit over the board. He has a different opinion about stuff and he wants to talk about it and perhaps confirm others.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:53pm

That's all everyone has been doing. It is that some people won't accept other people have different ideas and react badly to strongly opposing ideas.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:54pm

I'll edit my post.

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:54pm

I also like watching AOTBT and seeing interesting nice things being made... Not just another "Awesome Automation system" "Super Cool Mining platform" "Nine by Nines"

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:55pm

I believe the OPness some people percieve can be shown by numbers:

10 RF = 1 MJ = 2,5 EU

Coal:
Steam dynamo produces 80 RF/t which equals 20 EU/t or 8 MJ/t.
IC2 Generator can produce 10 EU/t
Stirling Engine produces 2 MJ/t equals 20 RF/t or 5 EU/t.

Lava:
Magmatic dynamo produces 80 RF/t and gives you 180k RF = 18000 MJ = 45000 EU per lava bucket.
Geothermal generator gives you 20 EU/t (=80 RF/t) and 20k EU per bucket.
GT Thermal generator gives you 24 EU/t (=96 RF/t) and 30k EU per bucket.

Fastest energy production you can get with Forestry is 5 MJ/t (50RF/t) or so, Buildcraft 60 RF/t, Railcraft 80 RF/t. Most of these require some infrastructure before you can run them.

Not to mention that TE3 can also easily transfer, store and loslessly use it's energy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Methes" (Apr 28th 2014, 9:02pm)

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:55pm

Aka13_404, lets not be unfair. He is right about that gollark8 post was a bit over the board. He has a different opinion about stuff and he wants to talk about it and perhaps confirm others.
I was not necessarily referring to that mean post, but more on the whole idea of this discussion? What's the point? That's like throwing communist propaganda in NYC, that would be just a waste of time and money, what is the point behind it? I mean, they play their stuff, we play our stuff, what is the point of even speaking about it?

дух ног слаб рук мощь зла
Glück für alle, umsonst, niemand soll erniedrigt von hier fortgehen.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:57pm

I also like watching AOTBT and seeing interesting nice things being made... Not just another "Awesome Automation system" "Super Cool Mining platform" "Nine by Nines"
AOTBT? Could you ranslate that? It doesnt fit to any recent Direwolf thing.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:58pm

Attack of the B Team, I was being lazy and ended up typing more than twice as much :P

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:58pm

Whoa, there are a lot of people here.

Hi Guys o/ :thumbsup:

Monday, April 28th 2014, 8:59pm

Whoa, there are a lot of people here.

Hi Guys o/ :thumbsup:
Sup homie, long time no see.

Kegnarok

Tree Cutter

• "Kegnarok" is male

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:01pm

Actually, why do we even care ?
Since now, we were not using FTB modpacks and there are very likely to continue not adding GregTech, so why do we bother arguing why TE is OP ? Let's let those guys play whatever they want and aside from them, use the great mod we all consider as fucking BALANCED.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:02pm

Since now, we were not using FTB modpacks and there are very likely to continue not adding GregTech, so why do we bother arguing why TE is OP ? Let's let those guys play whatever they want and aside from them, use the great mod we all consider as fucking BALANCED.

Pretty much what most of us were saying from the start.

Quote from Greg in random IC2 chat:

Quoted

I think that is all I wanted to say about this stupid Situation, and now I have to finish up the Granite Worldgen before I can release a shitty Open-Alpha-Version of GregTech, like every Game Dev does recently.

Prepare yourselves :D

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:05pm

Pretty much what most of us were saying from the start.

Quoted

I think that is all I wanted to say about this stupid Situation, and now I have to finish up the Granite Worldgen before I can release a shitty Open-Alpha-Version of GregTech, like every Game Dev does recently.

Somehow, each time I am somewhat close to building mzself a big base, we have an incompatible update. What the hell man...

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:06pm

Quoted

At this rate, we'll need to swap the thread names :D
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:07pm

[Addon][1.6.X] GregTech-Addon: Land of the Nerf, Home of the OMFG SO FUCKING COOL 1.7.2

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:09pm

[Addon][1.6.X] GregTech-Addon: Land of the Nerf, Home of the OMFG SO FUCKING COOL SHIT 1.7.2
Greg said it himself

I see this too much.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:20pm

[Addon][1.6.X] GregTech-Addon: Land of the Nerf, Home of the OMFG SO FUCKING COOL SHIT 1.7.2
Greg said it himself

[Addon][1.6.X] GregTech-Addon: Land of the Nerf, Home of the OMFG SO FUCKING COOL SHIT ALPHA 1.7.2

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:27pm

I'll settle for that

I see this too much.

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:30pm

I'll settle for that
Ok, the only thing we have to do is to convince Greg to change it.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:32pm

With shitty Alpha Release I mean only the Worldgen will work properly. Most Crafting Recipes are missing and you can basically not even craft Machines, especially since I didn't add the Tools for that.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Counter:

Hits today: 68,207 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,605