You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 8:12pm

Crash log attached.

I suppose it really could be an issue with the Forge, because I notice that some items in inventory have changed. Probably it's some kind of id conflict?

Installed forge version is 10.13.4.1614, seems it's the newest one.
Shusher has attached the following file:

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 8:22pm

Crash log attached.

I suppose it really could be an issue with the Forge, because I notice that some items in inventory have changed. Probably it's some kind of id conflict?

Installed forge version is 10.13.4.1614, seems it's the newest one.
The crash would logically be because the client version of a player won't exist on a server, guess Greg's accidentally cast to a client version of the player on the onBlockDestroyed.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 8:32pm

The crash would logically be because the client version of a player won't exist on a server, guess Greg's accidentally cast to a client version of the player on the onBlockDestroyed.

Well... I thought about it, but the phrase from Q/A make me doubt:

Quoted

How do you think other people play with this Mod?

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 9:17pm

Hey guys I need some help!
I was asked to make a tutorial video for IC2, I decided to break it up into a series of videos. The main problem is I know very little about crops. I know the basics of breeding but the more advanced stuff I have never gotten into. Anyone interested in helping me put out the best crops information without giving away anything that is meant to be hidden?

I think your question would fit better in the "Agriculture Engineering" subforum, and Speiger already made a tutorial video: Crop Breeding tutorial
I suggest you discuss things further with him in that thread.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Tuesday, January 26th 2016, 10:55pm

Fixed the crash when playing sounds. I changed a few internals and didnt think that one would crash on servers, since the code would never get that far. Well I was wrong.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

PaladinOne

All of them are me and all of me is them

• "PaladinOne" is male

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 12:02pm

Quoted from "Forge 1.8.9 Changelog"

• Increased console spam when mods do STUPID things {Coremods containing APIs}
  • Added EMERALD and SILVERFISH to GenerateMineable event.
  • More forcibly discourage modders from using FuildIDs, they should be using FluidNames.

Well I think that kind of resembles progress.
-A. H. / Paladin One
<entity>, Feed The Beast Wiki
Order is Progress

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 12:26pm

Hey guys I need some help!
I was asked to make a tutorial video for IC2, I decided to break it up into a series of videos. The main problem is I know very little about crops. I know the basics of breeding but the more advanced stuff I have never gotten into. Anyone interested in helping me put out the best crops information without giving away anything that is meant to be hidden?

I think your question would fit better in the "Agriculture Engineering" subforum, and Speiger already made a tutorial video: Crop Breeding tutorial
I suggest you discuss things further with him in that thread.

I agree that it would fit better there, but this is my home, I always come here first and figured with all the great folks we have here someone could help. It's not like getting off topic in this forum is unusual, hell we talked about the weather for 3 months.
Gregtech 5 & 6 tutorials and game play
https://www.youtube.com/user/aBear989

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 5:28pm

Fixed the crash when playing sounds. I changed a few internals and didnt think that one would crash on servers, since the code would never get that far. Well I was wrong.

Thanks!

Meanwhile I "solve" the problem by updating to 6.01.01 instead of 6.01.02. But another issue is still here — many items have been changed. Scrap replaced with Curved Plates, plates with tiny plates, regular gems with flawed gems, etc.
Maybe it's just wrong way to update by replacing an old version by new one?

upd: I'm dumb. Seems like "replacing an old version by new one" is exactly correct way. But I also delete configs when update, that's the reason. Sorry.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shusher" (Jan 27th 2016, 6:00pm)

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Thursday, January 28th 2016, 1:17pm

greg, Immersive engineering coal coke isn't giving small dark ash in burning boxes like Railcraft coal coke does. minetweaker show the name is: <ImmersiveEngineering:material:6>, and in <ore:fuelCoke>.

Friday, January 29th 2016, 6:59am

If i have a thermometer sensor set to emit redstone at a specific temperature, is there a way to switch back to viewing the current temperature without losing the redstone emission configuration? I've had to put a second thermometer sensor on my crucible to know what the current temperature is (i.e. so i know how long i still need to wait for). Having the second thermometer attached loses me a side of the crucible for molds, however. It'd be cool if one thermometer could do both and I could still have 3 sides for molds.

Friday, January 29th 2016, 7:07am

Been lurking for far to long and just dropped to give a thanks to Greg for this amazing mod.
Its gotten real complicated but it makes me feel good knowing that I was able to keep up (for the most part).

Also, are there any good GT6 modpacks out there?

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, January 29th 2016, 7:14am

If i have a thermometer sensor set to emit redstone at a specific temperature, is there a way to switch back to viewing the current temperature without losing the redstone emission configuration? I've had to put a second thermometer sensor on my crucible to know what the current temperature is (i.e. so i know how long i still need to wait for). Having the second thermometer attached loses me a side of the crucible for molds, however. It'd be cool if one thermometer could do both and I could still have 3 sides for molds.
You can place a Thermometer ontop of the crucible. Yes that is possible without obstructing the input. Just put it sideways and use the monkey wrench to set it to accept data from bottom.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Smaugan

Draconic GregTech Compendium Author

• "Smaugan" is male

Friday, January 29th 2016, 10:17am

Been lurking for far to long and just dropped to give a thanks to Greg for this amazing mod.
Its gotten real complicated but it makes me feel good knowing that I was able to keep up (for the most part).

Also, are there any good GT6 modpacks out there?

Probably not because GT6 is in Alpha right now :)
GregTech 5 Compendium
GregTech 6 Compendium

Currently playing Infitech 2 (A balanced hard mode GregTech Modpack)

bear989

Mod Breaker

• "bear989" is male

Friday, January 29th 2016, 3:16pm

cooking a fish in an oven does't activate the achievement delicious fish

MauveCloud

Coal Miner

• "MauveCloud" is male

Friday, January 29th 2016, 4:03pm

cooking a fish in an oven does't activate the achievement delicious fish

I presume you've already got the prerequisite achievements, but what oven are you using? That's an achievement from vanilla minecraft, so I think you need to use a vanilla-minecraft furnace (and take the cooked fish out manually, not using a hopper or whatever). Using a mod that changes the fish, like Aquaculture or Mariculture, might also interfere.

Friday, January 29th 2016, 9:07pm

Quick question

This question may sound a bit stupid, but I assume that in the GT6 Alpha, the recipes for the Chainsaw and Buzzsaw (item) have not yet been added? Is it safe to assume that for any recipe that does not appear in NEI at the moment? I am using GT6.01.02 if that is any help.

Thanks in advance.

HanakoCZ

Industry2.0 server owner

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 5:05pm

@Nexus
What is not in NEI, is not done yet :)

@Greg
Oh praise you, c-foam on your cables and pipes, YES PLEASE :)

Btw. one question. If I cover cable/pipe with foam, I won't be able to reshape it, right? (setup connections)
Will IC2 Obscurator work on your foam? And in what is your foam better?

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 6:34pm

you can reshape connections (but not visible, since similar to fullblock Pipes). also I gonna add a CFoam removal spray.

GregTech Website

Sunday, January 31st 2016, 7:02am

Id have to look back threw my older videos but I believe it is tantalum then iridium. I'll look later to be sure.

Edit: molybdenum is the next one after vanadium, and needed to make tantalum. unless you have twilight forest for knightly metal and fiery steel.
Seems you cant do molybdenum plates with vanadium crucuble, molybdenum melting temperature is too high. Same for tantalum. As for twilight forest, knightmetals melting point is lower than vanadium, so knightmetal crucible is useless, and I guess hard to get enouth fiery blood to make enough fiery steel for crucible and molds. Seems, unnealed copper is almost unobtainable for now?

dohvakin96

cubic laser chicken, traveling backwards in time

• "dohvakin96" is male

Sunday, January 31st 2016, 9:26am

Id have to look back threw my older videos but I believe it is tantalum then iridium. I'll look later to be sure.

Edit: molybdenum is the next one after vanadium, and needed to make tantalum. unless you have twilight forest for knightly metal and fiery steel.
Seems you cant do molybdenum plates with vanadium crucuble, molybdenum melting temperature is too high. Same for tantalum. As for twilight forest, knightmetals melting point is lower than vanadium, so knightmetal crucible is useless, and I guess hard to get enouth fiery blood to make enough fiery steel for crucible and molds. Seems, unnealed copper is almost unobtainable for now?
Wasn´t iridium the one after vanadium?

Counter:

Hits today: 68,219 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,617