You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kevindude

Proud Christian

Monday, January 14th 2013, 2:55am

GregTech is incompatible with ID resolver.
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Mister_Omega

Lead Miner

• "Mister_Omega" is male

Monday, January 14th 2013, 3:04am

Not necessarily. From what I gathered from a few MCF threads (especially RedPower's), GregTech will work, but the moment anything from GregTech shows up to be resolved, just hit the "Raise the Priority of this Mod" button, ID Resolver will leave it at the ID's it wants and continue on. It's how I got Redpower to work without the "setupBlocks" error.

Monday, January 14th 2013, 3:44am

Not necessarily. From what I gathered from a few MCF threads (especially RedPower's), GregTech will work, but the moment anything from GregTech shows up to be resolved, just hit the "Raise the Priority of this Mod" button, ID Resolver will leave it at the ID's it wants and continue on. It's how I got Redpower to work without the "setupBlocks" error.
This worked for me. Thanks. Although now the computer won't crunch any numbers no matter what I press or put in the grid. I'm still completely new to the mod addon so it's a matter of getting past the learning curve. I just hope this isn't another bug.

buttonsinpjs

Tree Cutter

Monday, January 14th 2013, 4:46am

This worked for me. Thanks. Although now the computer won't crunch any numbers no matter what I press or put in the grid. I'm still completely new to the mod addon so it's a matter of getting past the learning curve. I just hope this isn't another bug.
The Reactor Planner and Seedscanner require power to function. The Computercube is a tier 1 energy device so don't use more than 32eu/t or it will explode.

Monday, January 14th 2013, 10:37am

The rotary macerator doesn't re-halve the cost of Forestry machines.
Yep, but it help. 4 Copper Ore + 1 Tin Ore --> 8 Bronze.

No, 3 copper ore + 1 tin ore -> 4 bronze, with IC2's bronze recipe. I want an option to make it 8 bronze, without making it easier to craft.
Cheat much :)

On a server?
Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
Need low-lag renewable power?
Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
Battery snot included.

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Monday, January 14th 2013, 2:21pm

Vis Crystal Crystals-->Vis and Flux
Vis-->Energy
Flux-->Energy and Loot(And random=Good or Bad Poison Effects)

Very HAYO!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, January 14th 2013, 5:45pm

The rotary macerator doesn't re-halve the cost of Forestry machines.
Yep, but it help. 4 Copper Ore + 1 Tin Ore --> 8 Bronze.

No, 3 copper ore + 1 tin ore -> 4 bronze, with IC2's bronze recipe. I want an option to make it 8 bronze, without making it easier to craft.
For rotary macerator you can use 4 copper ore + 1 tin ingot (instead of ore) -> 8 bronze dusts.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Monday, January 14th 2013, 6:07pm

Does anyone know how to re enable the Additive Macerating for the Rotary macerator? Since I installed this mod i could not do it anymore. Made some tests, removing gregtech made it come back.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Monday, January 14th 2013, 6:16pm

Vis Crystal Crystals-->Vis and Flux
Vis-->Energy
Flux-->Energy and Loot(And random=Good or Bad Poison Effects)
Do you smell that Alumentum ? ^^. I feel like I'll use a lot of Nikolite, Netherrack and Cobble stone xD.

Edit: would there be a way to indirectly nerf Adv. Solars ? ^^. Or just changes the recipes ^^. Because the Tier II SP (Advanced) is incredibly OP to me ... but yes I know, I can just not use it ^^, but there are so many poor people ruining the game because of it makes only source of EU useful ... :/

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MatLaPatate" (Jan 14th 2013, 6:41pm)

Monday, January 14th 2013, 6:42pm

adv solars has a config. i usually reduce all of their output by 4 - 16 times.

PaladinOne

All of them are me and all of me is them

• "PaladinOne" is male

Monday, January 14th 2013, 7:37pm

I feel like I'll use a lot of Nikolite, Netherrack and Cobble stone xD.
VIKTORIOUS DAY, A USE FOR NIKOLITE
-A. H. / Paladin One
<entity>, Feed The Beast Wiki
Order is Progress

Monday, January 14th 2013, 7:42pm

I think there are some balance issues around allowing the use of the different types of circuits / parts for machines (Ore Dictionary). In particular I'm looking at the Forestry machine casing vs IC2 machine block or the machine hulls -- bronze seems much easier to obtain especially with your Centrifuge turning Lava into Copper/Tin.
Another would be the Gold Chip (from BC, forgetting the exact name), which takes 1 gold 1 redstone and is used in place of Electronic Circuit. The chipsets do take a bit of MJ to make and some expensive Laser machines, but are otherwise a bit too cheap compared to Electronic Circuit.

I know there are config options to turn this off, but shouldn't they be off by default?

Monday, January 14th 2013, 8:11pm

I think there are some balance issues around allowing the use of the different types of circuits / parts for machines (Ore Dictionary). In particular I'm looking at the Forestry machine casing vs IC2 machine block or the machine hulls -- bronze seems much easier to obtain especially with your Centrifuge turning Lava into Copper/Tin.
Another would be the Gold Chip (from BC, forgetting the exact name), which takes 1 gold 1 redstone and is used in place of Electronic Circuit. The chipsets do take a bit of MJ to make and some expensive Laser machines, but are otherwise a bit too cheap compared to Electronic Circuit.

I know there are config options to turn this off, but shouldn't they be off by default?
The problem of bronze is too cheap comes from using magma crucible lava or nether lava, if you only use lava from the underground overworld you will find out that it's not that cheap. My suggestion is to divide the number of copper and tin gained by 4 (2 copper+2 tin+2 electrum+1 tiny pile of tungsten) per 64 lava.

I don't use any lava-> metal, and find out that bronze casing <-> machine block are pretty similar because you only get 2 dusts per 3 copper+1 tin, although I will still prefer bronze casing because I don't use them more than iron.

I think the gold chip is not cheaper, the golden tube is cheaper (and you get it nearly without any energy), rubber is pretty easy to get just set an automatic forestry rubber farm.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "noskk" (Jan 14th 2013, 8:28pm)

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Monday, January 14th 2013, 8:29pm

I don't use any lava-> metal, and find out that bronze casing <-> machine casing are pretty similar because you only get 2 dusts per 3 copper+1 tin, although I will still prefer bronze casing because I don't use them more than iron.

I think the gold chip is not cheaper, the golden tube is cheaper (and you get it nearly without any energy), rubber is pretty easy to get just set an automatic forestry rubber farm.
Hey, Forestry is cheating to me so ... so the BC-recipes are clearly cheaper with the mods I use. But the worst isn't Forestry Hull Machine --> IC² Machine Block, but TE-Machine Frame, which are extremly cheap compared to IC² machine (2 time less --').
The problem of bronze is too cheap comes from using magma crucible lava or nether lava, if you only use lava from the underground overworld you will find out that it's not that cheap. My suggestion is to divide the number of copper and tin gained by 4 (2 copper+2 tin+2 electrum+1 tiny pile of tungsten) per 64 lava.
Disable some crucible recipe, or the crucible, if possible. At least that's not GregTech Fault, because without mod that allow you to take the lava from the nether and to use it in the Overworld, you wouldn't do this, except if you're living, as me, directly in the Nether ^^. (Which is pretty annoying for getting others ressources, because with our server rules [that I made ^^], I'm not allowed to mine something pickaxe-able in the Overworld ^^. (We're playing PvP).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Monday, January 14th 2013, 8:33pm

Although I remember he said something about using the centrifuge to get metals from lava was intended but only in the nether where you use geothermal energy to feed eu, nether survival? lol

Monday, January 14th 2013, 9:06pm

You're correct, the Gold chip or gold tube are about the same cost but the tube is better; chip costs 1 gold + 1 redstone, and the tube costs 1.25 gold, .5 redstone and some tiny fraction of glass. The tube takes much less MJ and is a lot quicker to make and takes less expensive machines to make so it's a better choice. Either way they are cheap compared to 2 redstone 1 iron 3 copper 6 rubber per electronic circuit. Or, 1 electrum .5 iron 1.5 copper 3 rubber using the alternate recipe.

I propose instead a new Electronic Circuit recipe, that uses Electron Tube or Gold Chipset in place of the Redstone / Electrum, and gives 3 circuits as output.

And as far as "it's too cheap because you're using XYZ so just don't use it" -- you can pretty much say that about any recipe changes that GT has made. If it's enabled then people will use it and the default config should I think represent what is balanced. If the expensive Macerator was off by default, would everyone feed their Cactus with 3 Diamonds every time they make one because they think it's too cheap? I doubt it.

I don't use any lava-> metal, and find out that bronze casing <-> machine block are pretty similar because you only get 2 dusts per 3 copper+1 tin, although I will still prefer bronze casing because I don't use them more than iron.

Monday, January 14th 2013, 9:16pm

No need for a crucible, just some centrifuges & thermal generator with a pump+magmatic engine over a lavalake in the nether, and wait a few days to get a few hundred stacks of copper/tin/electrum. Maybe you have to move the pump a few times, or compress the metal to blocks to carry it back, that's really no effort at all compared to the reward. Even an average sized lava lake in the overworld will net you multiple stacks of metal for very little work. So I don't think it should be so easy to substitute Bronze for Iron in recipes.

The TE machine frame, it's 1 gold vs 4 iron, so I guess its a closer balance.
I don't use any lava-> metal, and find out that bronze casing <-> machine casing are pretty similar because you only get 2 dusts per 3 copper+1 tin, although I will still prefer bronze casing because I don't use them more than iron.

Hey, Forestry is cheating to me so ... so the BC-recipes are clearly cheaper with the mods I use. But the worst isn't Forestry Hull Machine --> IC² Machine Block, but TE-Machine Frame, which are extremly cheap compared to IC² machine (2 time less --').
Disable some crucible recipe, or the crucible, if possible. At least that's not GregTech Fault, because without mod that allow you to take the lava from the nether and to use it in the Overworld, you wouldn't do this, except if you're living, as me, directly in the Nether ^^. (Which is pretty annoying for getting others ressources, because with our server rules [that I made ^^], I'm not allowed to mine something pickaxe-able in the Overworld ^^. (We're playing PvP).

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Monday, January 14th 2013, 9:23pm

Transformers is known as a pretty unbalanced mod. Mainly when it's MJ to EU. I was thinking the only reason I have ever used that mod because the adjustable engine. I like the concept about being able to change your engines speed on the fly but not only that its a sexy engine to use lap crystal to do more mobile uses.

Would you consider adding a GregTech type engine and maybe even expand on it maybe offering electric version and a fuel based one but maybe with some special features like the adjustable part? I know it sounds odd but no one uses BC engines anymore they rather use forestry or Adjustable engine and etc before touching BC's anymore.

CPW kind screwed up to much of the pipe system too. More and more people using TE pipes and in fact I'm getting more requests from players that they want you to some how nerf or ruin BC power/liquid pipes for TE pipes to prevent people from using them haha. I have yet to even use TE pipes in my LP Series now reaching about episode 30 in record time but I know playing around with them and doing some bug testing their a nice pipe.

Ugh if only Greg had the power to to fuck more things up because he fucks them up right :)

BED TIME! Company this weekend ugh :(
Greg said for you to fuck off :)
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Monday, January 14th 2013, 9:27pm

Congrats on the 500,000 hits to the thread!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, January 14th 2013, 9:47pm

Congrats on the 500,000 hits to the thread!

505.000 already, 1 million milestone is not far =P
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Counter:

Hits today: 68,260 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,658