You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sliderpro

Industrial maniac

• "Sliderpro" is male
  • Russian Federation

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 8:59am

You know... SCREW THAT, WINDMILLS PLEASE >_<"

jonch

Priest Choker

• "jonch" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 9:36am

I don't think fusion is as simple as element with atomic number X + atomic number Y = element with atomic number X+Y. As logical as it sounds you still need to take into account the neutrons and stuff

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 9:57am

Confirmed that the fusion reactor can sustain an output of 61k+ EU/t after internal losses (the 4096). Still not got a confirmed cost of operation, though still think my estimate of 7-6k is good.

I think, over a very long duration, this should drop to just under 60k, as it should only be able to sustain 31.25 plasma generators instead of the 32 I running. Current testing with liquiduct measurements supports this theory.

If this is the case, could you change the energy from helium plasma to make it an even 32 generators (or even nerf it to 31)?
I have everything except the Bucket-Volume (in the Plasma Generator) as a 2^X-Value. And if you get a bit more than 31, then you could use the surplus Helium in the Vacuum Freezer to get He-Cells for whatever you need He-Cells.

And yes, I doubled the EU of the Fusion Reactor, because its size increased. And its correct that more than two Injectors (one on Top, one on Bottom) are basically useless. You can replace every Injector/Extractor/EnergyInjector with an Advanced Machine Casing, as these are only considered Slots for those Devices (to customize your Reactor). If you are very clever then you need only 4 Energy Injectors (each stores up to 10kk EU) to run any Fusion you want.

Also as the Fusion Reactor consists out of MetaTileEntities it waits 100 ticks, before updating its Machine status, after you broke/placed a Block, so you could replace Parts of it while it is running.

And a good advice is, that you don't let Chunk boundaries run inside the Reactor. Its a 15x15 for a reason.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 10:48am

Got a better estimate of the running cost now: Made a system which can keep it running permanently, Only uses RP2 automation for a lower bound of power use. The fuel production system is consuming approximately 5370 EU/t (just the electolyzers, the centrifuges and the 2 electric engines running the liquid transposers), and my system claims to be getting approximately 56k net energy production. Again, this may drop by another 1.75k or so, but still around my original estimated 54k mark.

only 2 of the energy injectors are actually consuming power, one is taking about 3k EU/t, another is taking the other 1k.

This system does seem to produce tritium/deuterium slighlty faster than the reactor uses it. so the excess running cost may be able to be reduced by 5-10%.

If i do ever get to the point where i make one of these, I will probably use 30 plasma generators and have the extra 1.25 worth of helium go into storage for other uses as greg suggested.

SteveofDoom

CEO of Fusion Power Engineering Industries®

• "SteveofDoom" is male

Location: Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber©

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 11:48am

Got some questions about the new fusion reactor:
1.) Are there any fusion coils involved in the setup?
2.) What are all those random fusion reactor-looking blocks?

I ain't updatin' to the new version, I don't trust it :S

Anyways, great work Greg :D, but I'll wait on some more info before updating.
Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Pwnie2012

hobby electronics engineer

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Location: At home; Ignoring *all* ftb dramas; Bending forge to my will in EC2

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 1:33pm

I don't think fusion is as simple as element with atomic number X + atomic number Y = element with atomic number X+Y. As logical as it sounds you still need to take into account the neutrons and stuff
wrong, because the atomic number includes the nubmer of protons and neutros. the only thing that matters is, if the elements you are trying to combine are heavy, then you have to use a particle collider like the gsi (german heavbi ion colider)

hoho

Uranium Miner

• "hoho" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 1:51pm

wrong, because the atomic number includes the nubmer of protons and neutros
So how many neutrons does a hydrogen atom have that has atomic nubmer of 1? What about iron at 23?

Spoiler Spoiler

zero and 30 respectively. There are elements that naturally occur with different amount of neutrons. Google for isotopes to find out about them.

jonch

Priest Choker

• "jonch" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:01pm

wrong, because the atomic number includes the nubmer of protons and neutros. the only thing that matters is, if the elements you are trying to combine are heavy, then you have to use a particle collider like the gsi (german heavbi ion colider)

No, atomic MASS is protons + neutrons. Atomic number is only protons (it's place in the periodic table)

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

jonch

Priest Choker

• "jonch" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:06pm

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with this design?

Spoiler Spoiler

Next to the computer is two material extractors. Above are two material injectors, one loaded with 8 T and one with 8 D. Next to the liquiducts are two plasma generators facing towards the superconductors and next to them are 4 energy injectors all loaded with 10m EU for a total of 40m EU. The rest is coils surrounded with casing.
The reaction won't start idk why.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:10pm

Atomic number is only the protons.

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:12pm

No, atomic MASS is protons + neutrons. Atomic number is only protons (it's place in the periodic table)
Mass is protons, neutrons, and the energy that binds them together (highly relevant, as that mass from energy is what the reactor is after).

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:14pm

I'm pretty sure that if you throw a stack of potatoes into the fusion reactor you would get the required neutrons. Whats the worst thing it could happen? :thumbsup:

I've started playing with nuclear reactor recently (only uranium so far), and I was wondering what is your opinion Greg about coal, you want coal to be acquired only by mining (ignoring soul shards) or if your okay if you could introduce a charcoal purifier, say 8-16 charcoal dust = 1 coal dust in the industrial centrifuge.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:15pm

1.) Are there any fusion coils involved in the setup?
Yes, 32. They are all not visible, because of Machine Casings being around them.
2.) What are all those random fusion reactor-looking blocks?
They are not random, they are the components needed to run a Fusion Reactor properly.
I ain't updatin' to the new version, I don't trust it
I didn't break as much as I thought I'd break. The Support for Modular Powersuits could be broken as I changed the oredict Name of Circuitry and similar "crafting"-Items to all having one special "crafting"-Prefix.

If you are updating your World to 1.5, then you will have to get these changes anyways. If not then you can stick with the old Version.
Anyways, great work Greg , but I'll wait on some more info before updating.
If nobody reports serious Bugs in the next 8 hours (yes the Armor-GUI thing is serious and will be fixed before that), then I'm going to begin to update to 1.5 using the IC²-Beta. At least I have six days of Weekend, due to eastern for this task.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:17pm

Atomic number is only the protons.
sry messed up these two, german...

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:20pm

So, I built the thing like the computer says, have a pic in the attachment, yes there are fusioncoils inside, the problem is, i cant inject energy! the energy bar doesnt grow up (have ultimate solars attached to the energy injectors. also, will it ever tell me, if i built it correctly? and what are these buttons?!
Pwnie2012 has attached the following file:

jonch

Priest Choker

• "jonch" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:29pm

Mass is protons, neutrons, and the energy that binds them together (highly relevant, as that mass from energy is what the reactor is after).

Never understood that bit in physics class. Why C-12 is atomic mass 12 while Li-6 is like 6.0001 or something?

hoho

Uranium Miner

• "hoho" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:44pm

Never understood that bit in physics class. Why C-12 is atomic mass 12 while Li-6 is like 6.0001 or something?

Because the atomic mass unit is defined as 1/12'th of C12 mass but as was said earlier atom mass comes from other things as well besides protons and neutrons.

MatLaPatate

Uranium Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:49pm

Why C-12 is atomic mass 12 while Li-6 is like 6.0001 or something?
Because it's an average between differents Isotope of Li ... that's why I think C isn't 12 lol. (C12 is, but C isn't, because it's also C13, C14 ...)
Or maybe that was while studying Nuclear Reactions, radioactivity and E=mc² ? If so, then C isn't exactly 12.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 2:58pm

So, I built the thing like the computer says, have a pic in the attachment, yes there are fusioncoils inside, the problem is, i cant inject energy! the energy bar doesnt grow up (have ultimate solars attached to the energy injectors. also, will it ever tell me, if i built it correctly? and what are these buttons?!
The energy bar is just Decoration, and only the NEI Button works. To see how much energy is in the injectors use the Tricorder and right click the injector.
GT Textures: 281/~470 (60%) Complete.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Wednesday, March 27th 2013, 3:11pm

The energy bar is just Decoration, and only the NEI Button works. To see how much energy is in the injectors use the Tricorder and right click the injector.
how can i see if it generates power and plasma? do the material injectors need energy?

Counter:

Hits today: 18,798 | Hits yesterday: 27,222 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 36,391,037