You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 1:55pm

Things in IC2 that GregTech does not make obsolete:
- The entire e-net Yeah, the E-net itself yes, but I can write Code to transfer Energy to adjacent Machines without E-net.
- Cables Thats going to be replaced sometime.
- Having early-game options I just coded Charger Boxes, which are supposed to replace the Batbox
- The crop system I'm not going to copy that
- Beer brewing And that neither
- Teleporters Coming this week
- Nuclear reactors A new System for that will come soon(TM)
- Construction foam I have a Cover System, thats enough for me.
- Scaffolding Looks awesome doesnt it?
- Obscurator Cover System
- Induction furnace Try to overclock/heatingcoilupgrade one of my Furnaces and you get similar Speeds
- Power armor Well thats sheduled for much later, lol
- Power tools I'm not going to replace all of them
- Mining laser Not going to replace this one. Maybe a Combat one without Mining, but not this one
- Jetpacks Nope, also not going to copy that. There are Addons for it, I think (if they didnt die)
- Machine upgrades You mean the Overclocker, the Transformer and the Battery Upgrade? I can replace them easyly by own Items if needed.
- Tesla coils Likely to be implemented, as well as some other Inventions of Tesla.
- Rubber trampoline fun Boingy Boingy Boingy No
- Throwable, sticky, or remote detonated explosives Not copying these ones. Maybe some cheap singleuse Remote Redstone Block, which can be used for that.
- Painters I wont copy them.
- Terraformers Very unlikely
- Electric elevators You mean Magnetizers? I could replace them, but they would then still rely on the IC² Fences after all.
- Nukes Not going to do any Nukes. Get ICBM or IC² Nukes. Exploding Reactors are NOT Nukes, lol
Green = likely to be implemented, Red = very unlikely to be implemented. Yellow = unreadable so I left it out.
lol at teleporters... Greg was going rebalance them but never did. Their totally fucking useless I think :p
This weeks goal is a working crossdimensional teleporter System, which works only on the World its placed and in other Dimensions (using internal whitelist), meaing that you cant travel to other Planets or other very long distances using that thing. Just other Dimensions.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 1:57pm

Why do you think teleporters are useless? They instantly move players from spot A to spot B, and can do so over very long distances. Not as scenic as a cart ride, admittedly, but certainly faster.

I build them in every world I play in... my current one isn't that far yet, but I have one level on my tower earmarked for the purpose. I usually set one up for each other player on the map, so I can effortlessly visit.

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 2:28pm

Suggestion:

Could you add that Conveyor Belts act like automatic Machines? At the moment you cannot insert stuff through covers, but you cannot automate for example IElectrolyzers with conveyor belt with just 1 ME Interface, but with automatic Machines like AFurnace, Assembly Machine etc you can.
It already works that way, you might need to update.

wow tested it just recently (with maybe 3.05 or 3.06) and it didnt work. Thank you sir :) It works now even with the newer dev versions of AE ^^

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 2:33pm

Suggestion:

Could you add that Conveyor Belts act like automatic Machines? At the moment you cannot insert stuff through covers, but you cannot automate for example IElectrolyzers with conveyor belt with just 1 ME Interface, but with automatic Machines like AFurnace, Assembly Machine etc you can.
It already works that way, you might need to update.
wow tested it just recently (with maybe 3.05 or 3.06) and it didnt work. Thank you sir :) It works now even with the newer dev versions of AE ^^
Yeah, that came somewhen in 3.06 I think. I removed the Blocking of Input when in output Mode as Items are not Liquids, which could unintentionally flow backwards.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 4:05pm

Other then being able to empty out Infinite amounts of liquid/items from a single storage device, how is the Tesseract different from a Teleport pipe? I dont get it :p
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Quintine

Iron Miner

• "Quintine" is male
  • Australia

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 4:09pm

They way they interact with things.

Rather than an In-Out pipe system they are a Ender chest style system (The absolute simplest I can explain it)

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 5:24pm

They way they interact with things.

Rather than an In-Out pipe system they are a Ender chest style system (The absolute simplest I can explain it)
Guess why there is an Enderchest in the Recipe.

GregTech Website

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 5:28pm

So its just an enderchest that you can pull stuff in and out of?
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 5:32pm

GregoriusT, please, add sounds to your machines, I dont feel that I am in a factory =)
Yes, I know that it may be laggy, but you can add config option to disable it =)

Pwnie2012

hobby electronics engineer

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Location: At home; Ignoring *all* ftb dramas; Bending forge to my will in EC2

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 5:42pm

GregoriusT, please, add sounds to your machines, I dont feel that I am in a factory =)
Yes, I know that it may be laggy, but you can add config option to disable it =)

i dont think his bandwith permitts this

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:17pm

Update your Sig, it makes 1024 EU/t now.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:31pm

Yeah, forgot about Sounds, now that most of it works. Sounds dont cause Connection Lag, they are fully Clientside. I can grab a bunch of IC² Sounds if needed. :D

Lol first post on Page 666.

mistaqur, during the next Update I will add two Functions to the GT_Recipe Class to get the two Input Stacks. Please use them everywhere, where you previously used mInput1 and mInput2. I might change the Recipe System slightly in the future making mInput1 and mInput2 obsolete.

GregTech Website

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:33pm

Greg , you should name the teleporters "Stargates" =P

cubcraft : We are running out of energy, the magic system is out of magical stuff.
I am in the way to make some refined bees (oil/ethanol producing).
Also, you have to modify ethanol/biofuel burning value, as in forestry biogens it produces 128k now, instead of 32.
Alongside its faster EU/t output...
Consider allowing overclockers to be put onto generators to double its output, reducing total EU per item/bucket by 2.5% for every upgrade (max 4).
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:37pm

cubcraft : We are running out of energy, the magic system is out of magical stuff.
WHUAT!?! I thought we had about 1000 enchanted Minotaur Axes on a Cell somewhere! (not to mention we have a Minotaur Spawner)

(no, these were on the ME Drive and the ME Drive didnt get wiped at all. Only the ME Chests recently, but thats already reported and at least try/catched now)

GregTech Website

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:38pm

WHUAT!?! I thought we had about 1000 enchanted Minotaur Axes on a Cell somewhere! (not to mention we have a Minotaur Spawner)

(no, these were on the ME Drive and the ME Drive didnt get wiped at all. Only the ME Chests recently, but thats already reported and at least try/catched now)
Remember that you "fixed" enchant drains?
So it depleted pretty quick. 8/15 energy left
So, please join the server and help me =D

Now that we have uranium producing bees, how about making a nuclear reactor?
Alongside some bunch of fuel/ethanol diesel generators fueled by bees.
One emergency way to keep our energy is by using LXP.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:43pm

Remember that you "fixed" enchant drains?
Yeah, but I buffed the Value by * 5.
So it depleted pretty quick. 8/15 energy left
Phew, that means we still have 4 MFSUs left.
So, please join the server and help me =D
Fire the Minotaur Spawner on and switch all of the Absorbers to Vis Mode (will still drain Enchants if available). Fuck the Environment!

GregTech Website

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:46pm

Fire the Minotaur Spawner on and switch all of the Absorbers to Vis Mode (will still drain Enchants if available). Fuck the Environment!
So... i will activate Vis reactor dispite it lags.
Only while i'm creating refined bees.
Also we should move MJ crap to main base.

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:56pm

So you place the Crystals, good. Its only FPS lag. Move some of the important MJ Devices to the Base.

GregTech Website

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 7:06pm

So you place the Crystals, good. Its only FPS lag. Move some of the important MJ Devices to the Base.
Basically, the bioreactor, generators,redstone cells and one energy tesseract.

Pwnie2012

hobby electronics engineer

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Location: At home; Ignoring *all* ftb dramas; Bending forge to my will in EC2

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 7:16pm

greg can u rename the original iridium palte from ic2 to dense iridium plate so you can kill confusion from newbies?

Counter:

Hits today: 68,268 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,666