You are not logged in.

IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)
Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft recent version: v8.55_02! (For Minecraft 1.7.3 Beta)
Please pay attention on where you put your topics! (IC² doesn't belong into IC)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 19th 2013, 5:11pm

@hoho this mod has a few server side crashes (I reported them all, so I hope they will be fixed in the next release) :O but it's a really nice mod + if you have forge mobspawncontroll you can set the mob cap to 140 instead of 70 (vanilla) to have even more fun :D

Friday, July 19th 2013, 5:29pm

Greg, as progress in the update to 1.6?
He answered that a few pages back. Answer was basically waiting for NEI to get to 1.6, then about a week after that if I recall correctly.

Pwnie2012

hobby electronics engineer

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Location: At home; Ignoring *all* ftb dramas; Bending forge to my will in EC2

Friday, July 19th 2013, 5:39pm

"126 users apart from you are browsing this thread"
I wonder what that means. Either mDiyo has made a giant mob of angry noobs against us, OR the retards that didnt get valid arguments on the gregtech hate thread in ftb forums finally read the thread isntead of just using mDiyos stupid wordsa as a law....

Friday, July 19th 2013, 5:41pm

Greg pls rename your mod to swegTech :) you're the best in trolling so pls troll more! :) btw: someone tries to copy your mod with an easier way of getting gravi suit: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/com…lternative_wip/

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Friday, July 19th 2013, 5:42pm

i would fucking kill them if they cloned gt! gt has something called a "CONFIG"

Edit: BTW, greg, you should probably let spwnx or so communicate w/ other modders which do things you dont want, maybe we can prevent another shitstorm, cuz I personally get pretty desperate when those start, because they remind me of human stupidity in ftb forums...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pwnie2012" (Jul 19th 2013, 5:58pm)

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:06pm

"126 users apart from you are browsing this thread"
I wonder what that means. Either mDiyo has made a giant mob of angry noobs against us, OR the retards that didnt get valid arguments on the gregtech hate thread in ftb forums finally read the thread isntead of just using mDiyos stupid wordsa as a law....
I'm sorry, what?

Oh right, you said that everyone who doesn't like GT needs to die in a most painful way, all because they don't like what you like.

Oh, and you just insulted the creator of two relatively large mods. Way to go, kid. Also, reading this thread is useless, as there are too many people trying to cover greg's ass. And greg himself is great liar.

Quoted

4. I add Code to crash, when getting hacked. Crashes do NOT HARM PEOPLE and are therefor not considered malicious by me.

Crashes DO harm people who try to use the two mods; they are then incapable to use those two mods, which removes all progress in (and resources in) those two mods.

Also, adding a pumpkin mDiyo's head is useless; He doesn't play with gregtech, so why does it matter?

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:13pm

Oh right, you said that everyone who doesn't like GT needs to die in a most painful way, all because they don't like what you like.

Oh, and you just insulted the creator of two relatively large mods. Way to go, kid. Also, reading this thread is useless, as there are too many people trying to cover greg's ass. And greg himself is great liar.

So, the popularity of a mod tells me, if a modder ought to be insulted or not? mDiyo and greg both handled the situation like little kids, but mDiyo began with the whole thing, blaming greg for his nonability to just make a pickaxe check if something is an ore, now he is removing recipes which are fully configurable. And now half of the stupid ftb trolls (the trolls, not the players) think they hav to spam reddit with useless posts like "i dont like gt", "gt sucks" or the best one: "gt changes my bronze, winewinewine".
gt has configs and the crash was in ONE version which wasnt suggested by greg to put on ftb and was never planned to be. I dont hate people thinking gt isnt good, maybe they dont like the machines, but all the reasons people bring up against gt are the nerfs, which are, as stated many times before, CONFIGURABLE.

https://github.com/mDiyo/TinkersConstruc…n/TContent.java

so, mDiyo thoght he has to add config options to turn off gt recipes? i mean, gt just has a config, but WHO NEEDS IT, right? hu?

Galbar

Tree Cutter

• "Galbar" is male

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:20pm

@ Galbar:

java -Xmx2G -Xms2G -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:PermSize=128m -jar <Serverjar>.jar

Simple explanation: Java uses 2 amounts of the RAM, one for stroing data (the one you usually need), and one for storing code(PermGen). When you add many mods to minecraft the amount of code needs more space, so it works fine without either Gregtech or BukkitForge, but together they get over that border.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH !!

With this simple explanation I understand ! I don't known for this "second" RAM using !!! All explained !

And......................it's working !!!!!

Thank you so much ALL OF YOU for your help ;)

And for tonight after did the market buying I'm going to a barbecue and I hope angry guys on this thread go in a good feeling too

because me ! I'm going with a BIG SMILE on my face because all of you !!!! THANKS !

PS : now I need to get Agreement from all the moders !

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:24pm

PS : now I need to get Agreement from all the moders !
You only need agreements from modders if you distribute mod packages. You don't need it for your own modpack / server you (and/or your friends) use.

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:27pm

So, let me look at what exactly was happenening:
0. I added a fully Configurable nerf to the vanilla way of getting Planks, and added a new Way of getting Planks at the old ratio using a Saw.

Your configs are poorly documented, fragmented, and resemble sloppy code. Even if it is "fully configurable", your configs are particularly annoying to alter. Most people don't even bother.

1. You added a Wooden Plank Recipe in a hacky and badly implemented way to avoid my change to vanilla Minecraft.
2. I get reports about not working Configs, when TConstruct is getting updated.
3. I test it, and then I see how bad you have done that hack. There were at least 2 Ways to do that better. 3 if you count the Part Builder.

How exactly is re-adding a recipe using the existing crafting system badly implemented? I'd like a technical explanation please. My code can be found here: https://github.com/mDiyo/TinkersConstruct

4. I add Code to crash, when getting hacked. Crashes do NOT HARM PEOPLE and are therefor not considered malicious by me.

All crashes have the potential to corrupt worlds. The chance is usually negligable, but it can happen. More importantly, it wastes time and annoys people, and was added simply because you disagree with something I did. The goal of professional programers worldwide is to minimize crashes and to keep things operating smoothly for the end-user. Intentionally causing crashes are not acceptable to programmers, users, anyone.

You are wrong GregoriousT. You made a mistake, and no amount of explanation or justification is going to fix that. The only thing you did is alienate your own users from using your mod.

5. You came here and asked for us both to cease Fire, and end this shit, and we did do that BOTH. I even removed the Pumpkin of Shame from you.

Aww, I miss my free pumpkins. They make great pies and building supplies.

6. I considered that as a peace agreement, and stopped doing anything bad in conjunction with TConstruct.
7. Slowpoke contacted me to find out what was happening and I explained everything very accurate.
8. Less than 30 minutes later, you considered that as a chance to do a great douchemove and readd that senseless hack, and then call me the bad one.

[Addon][IC² 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity!
Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 10:07am
[Addon][IC² 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity!
Yesterday, 9:55pm

The first timestamp is when the code was removed. The second is when it was re-added. There is a time-span of 11 hours, 48 minutes.

9. Congratulations, you are now even below my own Standards, and that means something, because I never go below my own Standards.

I would guess that these "standards" are based on how you feel about other people. Anyone who you like goes higher on the list, anyone who isn't goes on the bottom. You, of course, are at the top, and can do no wrong.
Btw. You do NOT own Wood. Mojang owns Wood, so the only one complaining here should be a member of Mojang. And I did not modify anything in TConstruct, so all your concerns about Wood are invalid.

If I do not own wood, then you do not own wood either. Altering wood mechanics does not give you any claim over it, and I have just as much right to change it as you do. In fact, I have just as much right to change vanilla as you do.
Also as far as I know, your hack is causing Bukkit incompatibility, as bukkit disallows Recipes being added after the postload Phase, but the Source of that information is RawCode, so I am not sure.

If it is indeed bukkit incompatibility, I will be the one to support it. I have serious doubts about this, and I do not support bukkit anyhow.
I will give you your Pumpkin back, just because of the general stupidness you have shown. You promised to cease fire with that Wood conflict, then you readded it with a conflicting Config, just so that you can become the "Hero" for a lot of retards. You plain lied to people without any reason except for attacking me. That is just low. You deserve the Pumpkin of Shame more than Immibis does for annoying me with his targeted Code against me. I didn't lie anywhere in this war, but I saw you talking untrue things around here.

I didn't know you held such disdain for your fans. I do enjoy free pumpkins though.

Please, if I have lied anywhere then show me proof.

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:28pm

All crashes have the potential to corrupt worlds

this is total bs because mc doesnt even touch the world folder, nor the world.dat in the phase greg crashes the game

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:29pm

Where can I by the Way find the offical Gregtech Wiki? Because there cannot be offical Gregtechwikiuwhateverguys when there is no offical Gregtech Wiki!
You can find community wiki in first post, it has new mechanics and such stuff, but lacks core things.
You can open Gregtech part of FTB wiki it's pretty detailed and good, but it's for 2.90h.

Probably after FTB will move to 1.5.2 officially there will be update to their wiki.

I beg to differ. As the guy responsible for GregTech on the official FTB wiki, I'll have you know I always target the very latest version of GregTech.
Unless you're referring to the unofficial FTB wikis, in which case fuck that.
If you're looking for a wiki to add content to, go to the official FTB wiki: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki.
UnOfficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech
I run a Better than Wolves server http://mc.ccplz.net/

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:33pm

You are wrong GregoriousT. You made a mistake, and no amount of explanation or justification is going to fix that. The only thing you did is alienate your own users from using your mod.

Hail mDiyo Hero of the poor and the helpless

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:35pm

Honestly, I think the people on this thread are behaving every bit as childishly as the "trolls at the ftb forums". You are making generalizations about ftb players just from reading the hate thread. That's the best way to start a war. Yes, there are a lot of people that don't really like gregTech. But they have every right to be. He did cause their minecraft to crash after all. You can't deny that. Does it really matter who "fired the first shot"? It's over now, and all the hardcore gregtech fans really need to get over it already. So what if Mdiyo still has that particular feature in it? It's configurable. To paraphrase the mantra of gregtech fans world wide: "It's configureable! Get off your ass and change it yourself!". I don't see why it's such a big deal as Mdiyo has every right to make changes to the game as anyone else. Yes greg "only makes three changes", but he still makes changes and retaliating against Mdiyo for making similar changes is just plain hypocrasy!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bellaabzug21" (Jul 19th 2013, 6:47pm)

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:37pm

Crashes DO harm people who try to use the two mods; they are then incapable to use those two mods, which removes all progress in (and resources in) those two mods.
A: No it doesn't. The Crash only happened if you update, and to successfully delete your old nonupdated mod Files, of which you could have made a backup, from the Hard Drive you need to overwrite it about 8 times with something else, and I doubt anyone does that when updating Mods. Emptying the Recycle Bin (I doubt anybody would even do that before testing if the Pack runs) does also not actually delete the Data.

B: If I however, would have threatened it like the Technic Pack, and would just not load, then it would have been malicious in this case, as then vanilla Minecraft automatically deletes all the missing Blocks and Items.

There is a difference between what I did at A, and what you described at B.

-----

The Modpack will have the most important Mods with their Config being on Hard Mode. But I don't wanna ruin Slowpokes surprise with more details.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

JZTech101

Developer, Designer, Engineer

Friday, July 19th 2013, 6:41pm

Where can I by the Way find the offical Gregtech Wiki? Because there cannot be offical Gregtechwikiuwhateverguys when there is no offical Gregtech Wiki!
You can find community wiki in first post, it has new mechanics and such stuff, but lacks core things.
You can open Gregtech part of FTB wiki it's pretty detailed and good, but it's for 2.90h.

Probably after FTB will move to 1.5.2 officially there will be update to their wiki.

I beg to differ. As the guy responsible for GregTech on the official FTB wiki, I'll have you know I always target the very latest version of GregTech.
Unless you're referring to the unofficial FTB wikis, in which case fuck that.
If you're looking for a wiki to add content to, go to the official FTB wiki: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

I beg to differ. Half the articles are missing. As a result I consider it not updated. Also it would seem the Tesseract articles are nowhere to be found. But I DID find Tessarect articles, but they're empty. :P

Proof: http://puu.sh/3GJE1.png & http://puu.sh/3GJR5.png
Founder/CEO of TechCavern (www.techcavern.com) - Modpack - Back To The Core

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "JZTech101" (Jul 19th 2013, 6:52pm)

Pwnie2012

• "Pwnie2012" is male

Friday, July 19th 2013, 7:02pm

http://puu.sh/3GJR5.png

los my shit

Friday, July 19th 2013, 7:03pm

Also as far as I know, your hack is causing Bukkit incompatibility, as bukkit disallows Recipes being added after the postload Phase, but the Source of that information is RawCode, so I am not sure.

If it is indeed bukkit incompatibility, I will be the one to support it. I have serious doubts about this, and I do not support bukkit anyhow.

Nope, Bukkit itself lets you add, change or remove recipes at any time.
Source: https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/bl…apedRecipe.java

About this dispute of yours, I can only say "DAFUQ??".
Yes, mDiyo added a way to revert your change to the vanilla recipes (which should really not be modified by a sub-mod for IC2, but that's my point of view).

But instead of trying to solve the issue and maintain compatibility, Gregorius, you're just adding crash code to GregTech and get mDiyo a "Pumpkin of Shame" helmet, just to prove your point?
Don't you realize that by doing that you're not just annoying the heck out of mDiyo, but you're also pissing off everyone else?

Really, that's nothing but childish.

SegFaulter

Leader of Segmentation Industrial Co., Inc.

Friday, July 19th 2013, 7:06pm

Spoiler Spoiler

0. I added a fully Configurable nerf to the vanilla way of getting Planks, and added a new Way of getting Planks at the old ratio using a Saw.

Your configs are poorly documented, fragmented, and resemble sloppy code. Even if it is "fully configurable", your configs are particularly annoying to alter. Most people don't even bother.

1. You added a Wooden Plank Recipe in a hacky and badly implemented way to avoid my change to vanilla Minecraft.
3. I test it, and then I see how bad you have done that hack. There were at least 2 Ways to do that better. 3 if you count the Part Builder.

How exactly is re-adding a recipe using the existing crafting system badly implemented? I'd like a technical explanation please. My code can be found here: https://github.com/mDiyo/TinkersConstruct

All crashes have the potential to corrupt worlds. The chance is usually negligable, but it can happen. More importantly, it wastes time and annoys people, and was added simply because you disagree with something I did. The goal of professional programers worldwide is to minimize crashes and to keep things operating smoothly for the end-user. Intentionally causing crashes are not acceptable to programmers, users, anyone.

5. You came here and asked for us both to cease Fire, and end this shit, and we did do that BOTH. I even removed the Pumpkin of Shame from you.

Aww, I miss my free pumpkins. They make great pies and building supplies.

6. I considered that as a peace agreement, and stopped doing anything bad in conjunction with TConstruct.
7. Slowpoke contacted me to find out what was happening and I explained everything very accurate.
8. Less than 30 minutes later, you considered that as a chance to do a great douchemove and readd that senseless hack, and then call me the bad one.

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 10:07am
Yesterday, 9:55pm

The first timestamp is when the code was removed. The second is when it was re-added. There is a time-span of 11 hours, 48 minutes.

9. Congratulations, you are now even below my own Standards, and that means something, because I never go below my own Standards.

I would guess that these "standards" are based on how you feel about other people. Anyone who you like goes higher on the list, anyone who isn't goes on the bottom. You, of course, are at the top, and can do no wrong.
Btw. You do NOT own Wood. Mojang owns Wood, so the only one complaining here should be a member of Mojang. And I did not modify anything in TConstruct, so all your concerns about Wood are invalid.

If I do not own wood, then you do not own wood either. Altering wood mechanics does not give you any claim over it, and I have just as much right to change it as you do. In fact, I have just as much right to change vanilla as you do.

I will give you your Pumpkin back, just because of the general stupidness you have shown. You promised to cease fire with that Wood conflict, then you readded it with a conflicting Config, just so that you can become the "Hero" for a lot of retards. You plain lied to people without any reason except for attacking me. That is just low. You deserve the Pumpkin of Shame more than Immibis does for annoying me with his targeted Code against me. I didn't lie anywhere in this war, but I saw you talking untrue things around here.

I didn't know you held such disdain for your fans. I do enjoy free pumpkins though.

I agree entirely. He had no right to cause the game to Crash, for any reason. Even if it can/can't corrupt files or is/isn't malicious. Programmers worldwide are always trying to minimize crashes, and deliberately causing one, is against all good programmers in the world. He should be exiled from the community for such an act, and forced to wear his own Pumpkin of Shame. You know what, forget his own pumpkin of shame, he doesn't deserve free pumpkins. Just ban him.

I did not modify anything in TConstruct

Actually Greg, Yes you did modify TConstruct. You modified something critical to the balance of any proper mod, and that is Balance itself. By making wood 2x more expensive, you broke the balance of TConstruct, directly. So, the maker of that mod, mDiyo, has every right to fix that balance, by overwriting the malicious overwrite that broke the balance. Shame on you, for doing that which you have done.
Prepare to be phased-out. Soon. In fact, I am currently developing a mod that offers high-grade technology and more efficiency, without making Tier-0 stuffs more expensive.
AND, you have technically given Immibis and mDiyo basically Free UUM, because they can keep moving those pumpkins to a hopper into a recycler, which produces Scrap that can later be turned into UUM. It's even a free source of food, or even building materials in a pinch. You broke your own mod's balance, yet nerf other mods to make yours more ''balanced''?...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SegFaulter" (Jul 19th 2013, 7:11pm)

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Friday, July 19th 2013, 7:08pm

Says the Guy, who added another Config to make that even worse.

It's the timing. You added a Recipe after your postload Phase happened, and you didn't even bother remove the old Recipe, meaning that since later added Recipes override older ones, that it must happen after my oen postload as well.

Now the Ways to do that better:
1. Hack into my Config Variable and set it to false at the load Phase. Very easy to do, and doesnt cause Problems.
2. Hack into the Recipe which I added, and set its stackSize to 4. ItemStacks are very easy to manipulate. You would need to do that after my postload as well, but better than adding another Recipe afterwards.
3. Use your Part Builder to make Wood into Planks at the old rate. Sengir did something similar.

You were going from 6. => 8. But 7. did indeed happen half an hour before you readded it.

I can ofcourse do things wrong, and I admit it when I do.
So what exactly is your reason to make Configs more tedious to edit? I want one good reason to do that.

It would cause crashes with Bukkit, meaning that you did the same "bad" thing, and your Code is still there, mine is away.
Well, you promised to cease fire, and then you reopened it. That is one hell of a big lie.

Not to mention this:
For the record, we have never spoken publically, privately, or indirectly. Please stop putting words in my mouth.
Unless you gave someone else the power above your IC² Forum Account, we did indeed speak about the Fortune-Smelt-Exploit via PMs. Too bad one can't prove Private Messages.
1. The code detecting recipe changes also causes a crash if someone adds a recipe that has a value outside your config setting. If someone decide to add a saw item that gives 6 planks per craft with a log instead of 4, boom. It needs to go.
And another lie, as I for one only detected "craft a single Log and nothing else", and not "craft a Log with anything together".
3. You have code in other places to load GregTech before TConstruct for "loading" purposes.
I have also said that I load after TConstruct.
your pumkin of shame overwrites whatever the player is wearing at the time. Please remove these things.
I tested it multiple times, and I got just one unusable Ghost Pumpkin and that only in the special NEI Creative Mode, and after that I wasn't able to pick the Pumpkin up from the Slot, as it glitched away from my Mouse.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

Counter:

Hits today: 15,424 | Hits yesterday: 23,460 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 32,817,942