You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 10:48am

Basically ignoring what structures/caves are under and above ground it makes zero difference how you place the quarry as the iridium can spawn in any location within an individual chunk. It also takes a TON of actual mining (or spcommands/MCEdit analysis) to get the real-world spawn rate for iridium. I've had two full-sized quarries with one producing no less than 7 iridium and other none.

[edit]
Just say that it was a 100% chance per chunk. There is a upper limit of 25 Iridium (because there are 25 chunks encompassed) instead of a max of 16.
How many would you get if all the iridium ores would spawn in outer edges of the chunks your quarry covers?

Imagine this kind of top-down view of a bunch of chunks with X being the vertical column where iridium spawns and | and newline being chunk borders. How should you place your quarry for maximum yield?

Source code

|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 10:54am

Just say that it was a 100% chance per chunk. There is a upper limit of 25 Iridium (because there are 25 chunks encompassed) instead of a max of 16.

If chance was 100% per chunk, and we ignore the stupid frames, then:

Aligned quarry iridium count 16
Non-aligned quarry iridium count 4...25

You have a chance for more, yes, but also a chance for less. You get the same amount in the long run. Only reason to chunk-align the quarry is if you want to lessen the server load.

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 11:47am

So I got 6 Episodes Done. I found some Rubber tree's been playing mostly with Stone tools and made 1 quarts just for rare stuff. Found a few steel tools and got full set armor just from random dungeons / couple villages.

I also started play with Archimedes Ships that is a tad OP in the sense you can easily build the ship and get around but not to many advantages on that but early exploration and more fun later down the road building moving city that will not work with like 90% of special mod blocks so it's more vanilla style.

Also if I recalled GT has Tesseracts this also for IC Power?

I guess Episode 7 start tomorrow I do have a small wood house and the Iron Furnace that has broken textures boooo. I guess my next step will be some power I found a lava lake or 2 when mining so I will jump right into I assume cells and do a geo as I never touch generators to wasteful unless you got a larger battery source.

Thought I share some daily reports get ideas and suggestions :)

Mod List: http://cabingamer.com/minecraft-1-6-2/

EDIT: Made my first Hammer/File as well so I could make the shears for sheep for the air balloons haha :)
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 11:52am

So I got 6 Episodes Done. I found some Rubber tree's been playing mostly with Stone tools and made 1 quarts just for rare stuff. Found a few steel tools and got full set armor just from random dungeons / couple villages.
Hope you know that but if you have undamaged steel tools/armor you can smelt them in regular furnace into steel. Though I guess that could be considered an exploit.
No, they only move fluids and items, not power.
I guess Episode 7 start tomorrow I do have a small wood house and the Iron Furnace that has broken textures boooo.
Why not just upgrade to electric one ASAP?

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 1:19pm

Hope you know that but if you have undamaged steel tools/armor you can smelt them in regular furnace into steel. Though I guess that could be considered an exploit.
I guess Episode 7 start tomorrow I do have a small wood house and the Iron Furnace that has broken textures boooo.
It's not an exploit, it's a feature.

PaladinOne

All of them are me and all of me is them

• "PaladinOne" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 1:26pm

That's actually something Greg deliberately made as an option, so no that wouldn't be an exploit. That would be an expansion on the vanilla idea of finding useful things in dungeons.
They were designed so that if you hook them up to an energy storage block, they should move power as well.
-A. H. / Paladin One
<entity>, Feed The Beast Wiki
Order is Progress

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 1:48pm

That's actually something Greg deliberately made as an option, so no that wouldn't be an exploit. That would be an expansion on the vanilla idea of finding useful things in dungeons.
Interesting. I thought that as macerating the items gives steel dust that does require blast furnace so should the smelting. Though in general I do agree that it is a decent feature that promotes early-game exploration.
They were designed so that if you hook them up to an energy storage block, they should move power as well.
Has anyone tested that? I just thought that as only machines can pass power to other machines and as tesseracts aren't quite normal machines (only the generator uses power) they shouldn't be capable of teleporting power. It's quite possible my logic was simply wrong, obviously, and they do teleport power as well.

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 4:04pm

Hello, my name is Brian.

I am making a modpack on technic launcher for myself and some friends.
We would like permission to publish a pack with your mod in it. The
modpacks name will be Razors's Abomination. Currently, I have the
modpack list that i would like to publish when I have permission from
all developers here:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/detai…mination.164740

All information about the pack is being put together at that link^

Please let me know your thoughts, and give me something to quote in my page if you approve.

Thanks,

-Brian

(I have read the modpack section of your post, and I was unsure what you
meant about private packs. I do consider my pack, a private pack. But I
want to run it through technic launcher, which wont allow you to play
without a real minecraft account, and I don't see anyone but our group
that would want to use our modpack. If you have any issues with us using
your modpack, please contact me and let me know, we can take it off at
anytime. It does add a nice touch to the game though and I would miss it
quite a lot.)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 4:58pm

AFAIK, GT tesseracts does not teleport power (directly).
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 6:34pm

Technically (heh) you don't need to ask any permissions for private packs. Though I'm not quite sure if that applies to tekkit platform stuff as well. One thing you must realize is everyone need to install the launcher under a custom folder name so that anti-tekkit code wouldn't trigger.

SegFaulter

Certus Quartz Miner

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 7:18pm

Hello, my name is Brian.

I am making a modpack on technic launcher for myself and some friends.
We would like permission to publish a pack with your mod in it. The
modpacks name will be Razors's Abomination. Currently, I have the
modpack list that i would like to publish when I have permission from
all developers here:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/detai…mination.164740

All information about the pack is being put together at that link^

Please let me know your thoughts, and give me something to quote in my page if you approve.

Thanks,

-Brian

(I have read the modpack section of your post, and I was unsure what you
meant about private packs. I do consider my pack, a private pack. But I
want to run it through technic launcher, which wont allow you to play
without a real minecraft account, and I don't see anyone but our group
that would want to use our modpack. If you have any issues with us using
your modpack, please contact me and let me know, we can take it off at
anytime. It does add a nice touch to the game though and I would miss it
quite a lot.)

GregTech-Intergalactical, CO., INC., LLC. does not support Tekkit/Technic. Use a REAL modpacking-service like FTB (Feed-The-Beast), and you can use GregTech-Intergalactical with your modpack, and many other mods too.

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 7:52pm

GregTech-Intergalactical, CO., INC., LLC. does not support Tekkit/Technic. Use a REAL modpacking-service like FTB (Feed-The-Beast), and you can use GregTech-Intergalactical with your modpack, and many other mods too.
Problem is FTB doesn't really support custom modpacks.

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:03pm

Problem is FTB doesn't really support custom modpacks.

Dropbox and MultiMC are good enough for custom modpacks with updates.

DrRed

Zoo Keeper at GregTech Intergalactical

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:10pm

Basically ignoring what structures/caves are under and above ground it makes zero difference how you place the quarry as the iridium can spawn in any location within an individual chunk. It also takes a TON of actual mining (or spcommands/MCEdit analysis) to get the real-world spawn rate for iridium. I've had two full-sized quarries with one producing no less than 7 iridium and other none.

[edit]
How many would you get if all the iridium ores would spawn in outer edges of the chunks your quarry covers?

Imagine this kind of top-down view of a bunch of chunks with X being the vertical column where iridium spawns and | and newline being chunk borders. How should you place your quarry for maximum yield?

Source code

|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|

Obviously, you wouldn't know the positions of the Iridium, otherwise you wouldn't use a quarry. There is a higher MAXIMUM for Iridium spawns if you cover 25 chunks because there is a chance that the Iridium will be in the Quarry's path.

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:25pm

[edit]

Source code

|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|
|..X|..X|..X|..X|..X|

Obviously, you wouldn't know the positions of the Iridium, otherwise you wouldn't use a quarry. There is a higher MAXIMUM for Iridium spawns if you cover 25 chunks because there is a chance that the Iridium will be in the Quarry's path.

The best solution is to ditch the quarry and go with an MFFS 3 tunnel quarry from bedrock to sky. Destroyer of all chunks!

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:25pm

... and maximum theoretical chance doesn't matter one bit when you need more than a couple of pieces of it.

Absolutely highest chance for getting iridium would be to dig holes with mining well in the pattern of reed farm and fly up and down with jetpack to see if there is any iridium in the walls :D

Kane Hart

Canada

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:27pm

Thanks, The steel and bronze and anything I knew you could break down. Though to me steel armor and a few swords/picks more important right now since the newer GT nerfs to use but I of course always melt down some the ones I have.

The electric furnace well I will when I get there :P The biggest thing at the time was I had to go almost 1k blocks for rubber :P That was pure luck though.

I have InfernalMobs installed though first one I killed dropped Diamond Pants so I made a self rule that I would never use their armors to break down for items :P

mistaqur

Author of NEIPlugins

• "mistaqur" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:50pm

About NEI issue: link

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 8:50pm

Thanks, The steel and bronze and anything I knew you could break down. Though to me steel armor and a few swords/picks more important right now since the newer GT nerfs to use but I of course always melt down some the ones I have.
I generally try to get at least 5 steel for the drill to use in a miner (the upgraded 15x15 one is awesome), the rest of the steel isn't that important but can be useful for e.g steel jackhammer instead of bronze one to mine faster.
I have InfernalMobs installed though first one I killed dropped Diamond Pants so I made a self rule that I would never use their armors to break down for items :P
Yeah, I had the same issue with the mod. The increase in difficulty is nice but the sheer amount of enchanted diamond stuff dropping was a bit much. At least it could only be made into diamond dust (unless you use an OP stuff like uncrafting table) so it won't throw early/mid game balance off too much. Though even just having access to them seemed a bit much to me as I just lived in a tiny shack and whacked away at zombie knees for basically free loot. Biggest issue I had was that fighting those mobs needed a ton of food :D

@ IC2 updating, yeah, one could hope for it to actually happen at some point ...

Kane Hart

Canada

Tuesday, August 6th 2013, 9:06pm

@ IC2 updating, yeah, one could hope for it to actually happen at some point ...
Even though I want it for the Furnace WE NEED IT NOW, for the NEI update. The plugins is out too now for NEI ugh. I assume Greg needs to recompile GT also for the new nei unless he just uses stuff from IC.

Counter:

Hits today: 68,150 | Hits yesterday: 42,089 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,077,548