You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JamaicanSoup

Enchanter of blulectric cable

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 12:06pm

This mod is AWESOME!

That is all. :thumbup:
:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

Peter110

Proud Minecraft Gamer

• "Peter110" is male
  • Germany Norway

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 7:31pm

I just want to be completely sure, so please forgive me:
Is this compatible with the 1.4.7 beta 115.207?

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 8:58pm

I can confirm it works.

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 9:03pm

I can confirm it works.

+1, Running modular powersuits 0.2.1-67 with IC2 1.115.213-lf without issues so far.

Unrelated suggestion:

Using a keybing that's bound to a module that isn't currently on any equipped armor pieces should give some kind of an error, just spent 2 minutes figuring out why my nightvision stopped working... with my helmet in my backpack :P

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

• "MachineMuse" is female
  • "MachineMuse" started this thread

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 8:11am

I can confirm it works.

+1, Running modular powersuits 0.2.1-67 with IC2 1.115.213-lf without issues so far.

Unrelated suggestion:

Using a keybing that's bound to a module that isn't currently on any equipped armor pieces should give some kind of an error, just spent 2 minutes figuring out why my nightvision stopped working... with my helmet in my backpack :P

Err, there is a small programmatic tradeoff involved there. I will try to come up with a solution. Thanks for the report.

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 10:52am

I just checked your to-do list and saw a Improbability Generator idea. And that got me thinking, "Madness Combat style would be cool, but even better would be Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy style". Then I thought, "why not both?" and decided to make a suggestion.

First off, the Infinite Improbability Warp Drive. It can teleport you places. The catch is that you have no real control where you go. Could be to your bed. Maybe it takes you to the end. Or a MystCraft Age(new or not). Or into Limbo with the Dimensional Doors mod. And it rarely takes you anywhere without causing Weird Shit(Patent Pending) to happen. Maybe everything near where you appear catches on fire. Or some sheep appear. Or maybe even it starts raining Squids, which explode(violently) when they hit the ground. Or pigs start to fly(and also explode after a bit). Or hell on earth happens(for about a minute, the area where you end up is a hell biome, and ghasts and pigmen can spawn) and after it ends, all dirt based blocks end up with some plantlife on them(as if a big bonemeal effect goes off on only grass, tilled soil gets some crops if nothing is planted yet, that purple mushroom grass stuff gets mushrooms on it, etc). Or maybe even all pumpkins in the area disappearify. And one can't even place them in the area without them vanishing after about 3 seconds(golems which use them get killed and turned into dropped blocks of what they were built out of).

The Madness Combat Infinite Improbability Generator is much like the Weird Shit from the Infinite Improbability Warp Drive, but Better* and follows you around, while giving you some buffs/debuffs now and then.(OMFG YOU CAN NOT KILL THE CLOWN. THE CLOWN KILLS YOU)

*According to some opinions. Not recommended for Children, Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant, the elderly, men with erectile dysfunction or without it, and basically everyone else. Extradimensional sentent Plushies stuffed with fire and candy who are completely batshit insane sold separately, but tend to show up when you install this device, causing confusion and fires as they explode all over the place. If any show up talking about their flammenwerfer guns, do yourself a favor and kill your self right away, preferably with 15 grams of antimatter, because otherwise, YOU ARE THE PLUSHIES.

D:

A few more ideas, mainly for OPs. They have individual configuration options to allow only Creative/OP/TMI/NEI people to tinker/equip people

Zero Point Energy Module
You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems (which is only obtainable from Creative/Op commands/TMI/NEI)
Provides Infinite Charge to all modules in that suit piece.

Weight Reduction Module
You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems.
Is tinkerable, you can adjust the amount of weight reduced.

Invincibility Core
You need 16 Infinity Multi-Purpose Gems.
Is tinkerable, you can adjust the amount of damage negated.

I think probably not. sorry. I did add an up to 2x walk speed boost to the sprint assist though (build 66) This is probably temporary until it finds a better place.
Awesome! Thanks so much. This should be fixed and in the latest experimental build :)
Yay!

I was playing with TC3 a bit and noticed the goggles of revealing module (tho i didn't get around making one yet), that's really cool :)
I was wondering, does it count for the vis cost reduction bonus, and could you add modules for the other TC armor pieces with that bonus?

no they don't and making them act as such is not a priority at the moment although depending on Azanor it might happen in the future.

Erm I don't understand your reply. Does it mean that my OP/Creative-only module suggestion is denied?

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 10:56am

I think maybe she meant to respond to my suggestion of an automatic weight compensation module.

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 11:23am

A few more module ideas:
  • EU HUD, Conductive Pipe MJ HUD and RE-Conduit-MJ HUD modules. I know you already have a EU-reader planned, but there was a mod before that added ability to see amount of current passing through a wire visually.
  • Structure the Thaumic Wand Module (from To-Do list) to be like the pickaxe and diamond upgrades, the basic Wand of the Apprentice module holds 50 vis while you need the Energy-Thaumic Interaction Research to create a piece to upgrade the Wand of the Apprentice module to the Wand of the Adept module, and so on...
  • Something for pyrotechnics (:p) like an electronic flint-and-steel and handheld firework dispensers.
  • When IV drops are implemented, maybe an "artificial food substance" that increases your saturation level instead of feeding food to you? Additionally, antidotes.

As for energy, would you implement a configuration to display which units of energy to display in the tooltip?

EDIT: Okay...

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 12:59pm

Absolutely love this mod.

Only found it yesterday, but it is amazing! Keep up the good work :D

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 10:13pm

Erm I don't understand your reply. Does it mean that my OP/Creative-only module suggestion is denied?

Correct. :P But you can add them yourself via API.
A few more module ideas:
  • EU HUD, Conductive Pipe MJ HUD and RE-Conduit-MJ HUD modules. I know you already have a EU-reader planned, but there was a mod before that added ability to see amount of current passing through a wire visually.
  • Structure the Thaumic Wand Module (from To-Do list) to be like the pickaxe and diamond upgrades, the basic Wand of the Apprentice module holds 50 vis while you need the Energy-Thaumic Interaction Research to create a piece to upgrade the Wand of the Apprentice module to the Wand of the Adept module, and so on...
  • Something for pyrotechnics (:p) like an electronic flint-and-steel and handheld firework dispensers.
  • When IV drops are implemented, maybe an "artificial food substance" that increases your saturation level instead of feeding food to you? Additionally, antidotes.

True, adding research would make the thaumcraft interactions make more sense. -nod-
As for energy, would you implement a configuration to display which units of energy to display in the tooltip?

Possibly
Absolutely love this mod.

Only found it yesterday, but it is amazing! Keep up the good work :D

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MachineMuse" (Feb 4th 2013, 10:38am)

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:01am

Added a 'flight control' module. It's not quite creative flight, but it will try to keep you steady in midair and stop you from hitting the ground at more than 1 m/s. Note that it drains energy pretty much constantly and will fly you along the ground - keybinding definitely recommended for those who choose this option.

(note: I put the down key on 'Z' instead of shift because shift-clicking blocks is frustrating.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MachineMuse" (Feb 4th 2013, 11:01am)

Zerrens

Stone Miner

• "Zerrens" is male

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:33pm

May have found a bug with the new flight control module: With just a helmet and a chest on, the jetpack takes the energy it should, however when you activate the control module the jetpack stops taking energy and is essentially free flight. This was tested with only a chest with a HV cap. + jetpack and a helmet with NO energy storage device, but the control module installed.

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:55pm

May have found a bug with the new flight control module: With just a helmet and a chest on, the jetpack takes the energy it should, however when you activate the control module the jetpack stops taking energy and is essentially free flight. This was tested with only a chest with a HV cap. + jetpack and a helmet with NO energy storage device, but the control module installed.

On the one hand, that's soort of intentional since flight control is supposed to keep you level, which uses a lot less thrust than flying around.

On the other hand, I forgot to include the 'steadying' parts in the energy cost.

While tweaking that, I noticed some issues with how it handles 'braking', and on further inspection I'm really not sure how to solve them, so for now it only brakes horizontally when you have no directional buttons pressed at all. Initial tests suggest that this is just as usable and feels a bit more responsive for going up/down, but the drift might still annoy people. Well, too bad; I am going to at least pay lip service to physics here. :P

Build #85 should do it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MachineMuse" (Feb 4th 2013, 4:02pm)

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:08pm

In the table, modifying a helm, the vision category is outside the blue area, and is getting covered by the salvage/install area. Also if you are going to split vision stuff into a separate category... why on earth isn't NightVISON under it? :P

About the flight control module ... Something feels really wrong about how forward and backward movement works, i'm having to hold my view at the horizon, which combined with the UI elements on the bottom of the screen makes makes me unable to see above what i'm actualy flying. Backwards just seems to drop height even when i'm looking at the horizon, so no idea what's up with that.

In general i feel that unless you are pressing space or z your Y level should stay the same and forward/back controls should only control that axxis just like left and right do.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bdew" (Feb 5th 2013, 6:20pm)

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:21pm

In the table, modifying a helm, the vision category is outside the blue area, and is getting covered by the salvage/install area. Also if you are going to split vision stuff into a separate category... why on earth isn't NightVISON under it? :P

About the flight control module ... Something feels really wrong about how forward and backward movement works, i'm having to hold my view at the horizon, which combined with the UI elements on the bottom of the screen makes makes me unable to see above what i'm actualy flying. Backwards just seems to drop height even when i'm looking at the horizon, so no idea what's up with that.

In general i feel that unless you are pressing space or z your Y level should stay the same and forward/back controls should only control that axxis just like left and right do.

I screwed up a bit, there are some new builds

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:28pm

Umm i'm on #89 currently, which shows as the last build on jenkins (and matches the last commit on github) is there something i'm missing?

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:36pm

Umm i'm on #89 currently, which shows as the last build on jenkins (and matches the last commit on github) is there something i'm missing?

oh, crap, yeah, the scrolliness is not working yet so I just changed all the vision modules to 'special', but the thaumgoggles module is in a different file. ok, that should be fixed now

as for the 'backwards drops height' thing, yeah it still needs work :V

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Wednesday, February 6th 2013, 6:55am

Adding this to Godcraft's New Server :)
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 10:27am

When I install this mod and open my inventory, the section in NEI that comes after the tinker table is dark.

Anything I can do about that?
Using ModularPowersuits v0.2.0-42, IC2 v1.115.207, NEI 1.4.5.1

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 1:21pm

When I install this mod and open my inventory, the section in NEI that comes after the tinker table is dark.

Anything I can do about that?
Using ModularPowersuits v0.2.0-42, IC2 v1.115.207, NEI 1.4.5.1

this is fixed in the dev versions

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MachineMuse" (Feb 7th 2013, 3:33pm)

Counter:

Hits today: 2,592 | Hits yesterday: 68,436 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 61,542,271