You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mister_Omega

Lead Miner

• "Mister_Omega" is male

Monday, March 11th 2013, 7:54pm

I suggest a whip. Not for the mod, for Muse to 'motivate' people who post without reading the new rule.
Actually, a whip sounds like a good idea for a separate mod, or a cattle prod if people want an electrical version.

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 4:36am

Hello IC2 Forums, long time viewer first time poster.

I Have played with a bunch of tech mods for a while now, Machine Muse being one of my favorites and as such I would like to make a suggestion.
The mod is coming along nicely and I didn't see this in the To Do list, basically I suggest a change to the shielding mechanic as it stands you trade X (percentage?) damage for Y energy sounds well enough,
except that it just feels like god mode once you get all the shield modules (quantum suit suffers from the same problem).
I propose that the shield modules instead add to a Shield hit point pool, so damage is subtracted from this with no mitigation before the damage is subjected to the player and his armor plates,
so I can tinker the size of the HP each module adds in exchange for weight.
Further more a shield has recharge rate, so I can tinker faster recharge at the expense of X damage to Y energy efficiency, so at the low end its 1X for 1Y fully charged in 30 seconds at the high end it would be 1X for 10Y fully charged in 10 seconds (just a example), also in future updates when the heat system is implemented actively recharging shields will generate 1 heat per damage regenerated so faster recharge causes a larger spike in heat.
Lastly a shield just being left on should draw a small amount yet still noticeable amount of energy from the batteries and generate a small amount of heat for the future updates, scales with total shield HP pool, larger pool more drain and heat.
This will add game-play incentive to use your fancy button mapping feature.
These features will cause the player to not think of shields as just lighter armor plates and instead create a dualism where they might consider armor plates as a back up, or not if they don't want the extra weight or if they go for really heavy shielding are they going to have the battery capacity to keep it operational for any meaningful amount of time.
================================================================================================================================================
"I'm an inventor. I became interested in long-term trends because an invention has to make sense in the world in which it is finished, not the world in which it is started."
- Ray Kurzweil
================================================================================================================================================

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

• "MachineMuse" is female
  • "MachineMuse" started this thread

Tuesday, March 12th 2013, 7:42pm

Hello IC2 Forums, long time viewer first time poster.

I Have played with a bunch of tech mods for a while now, Machine Muse being one of my favorites and as such I would like to make a suggestion.
The mod is coming along nicely and I didn't see this in the To Do list, basically I suggest a change to the shielding mechanic as it stands you trade X (percentage?) damage for Y energy sounds well enough,
except that it just feels like god mode once you get all the shield modules (quantum suit suffers from the same problem).
I propose that the shield modules instead add to a Shield hit point pool, so damage is subtracted from this with no mitigation before the damage is subjected to the player and his armor plates,
so I can tinker the size of the HP each module adds in exchange for weight.
Further more a shield has recharge rate, so I can tinker faster recharge at the expense of X damage to Y energy efficiency, so at the low end its 1X for 1Y fully charged in 30 seconds at the high end it would be 1X for 10Y fully charged in 10 seconds (just a example), also in future updates when the heat system is implemented actively recharging shields will generate 1 heat per damage regenerated so faster recharge causes a larger spike in heat.
Lastly a shield just being left on should draw a small amount yet still noticeable amount of energy from the batteries and generate a small amount of heat for the future updates, scales with total shield HP pool, larger pool more drain and heat.
This will add game-play incentive to use your fancy button mapping feature.
These features will cause the player to not think of shields as just lighter armor plates and instead create a dualism where they might consider armor plates as a back up, or not if they don't want the extra weight or if they go for really heavy shielding are they going to have the battery capacity to keep it operational for any meaningful amount of time.

Thanks for the support and I do have plans to make the damage absorption aspect more diverse and interesting :)

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 7:57am

Build #199 is now recommended!

Notable changes since last recommended version:
-New modules: Radiation Protection (for Calclavia's Atomic Science) and the Railgun!
-Blink drive is now instant and hitscans, so you can't use it to teleport through warded stone anymore
-Auto-feeder now only consumes 1 item at a time
-Buffed top-end damage on the plasma cannon
-Added tooltip for food storage and tool modes (including instructions to shift-scrollwheel if no mode is selected)
-Fixes for various bugs and exploits
-Lots of internal refactoring

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 9:09am

-New modules: Radiation Protection (for Calclavia's Atomic Science) and the Railgun!
-Blink drive is now instant and hitscans, so you can't use it to teleport through warded stone anymore
-Added tooltip for food storage and tool modes (including instructions to shift-scrollwheel if no mode is selected)
Thats nice, now wither skeletons / wither boss won't do "radiation" damage to me anymore =P.
[Calclavia just renamed wither to radiation, and made his items apply it]
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (Mar 13th 2013, 11:40am)

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 10:59am

What a nice update! Really awesome!

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 4:03pm

Thats nice, now wither skeletons / wither boss won't do "radiation" damage to me anymore =P.
[Calclavia just renamed wither to radiation, and made his items apply it]

...what

dammit!

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 1:54pm

i got a crash when i updated to the newest version of modular powersuits (222) it came before i get to the menu. here's the multimc log (no normal crash log was created just a white screen, it would have been black on the normal launcher): http://pastebin.com/uZnKZKQb

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 11:31pm

i got a crash when i updated to the newest version of modular powersuits (222) it came before i get to the menu. here's the multimc log (no normal crash log was created just a white screen, it would have been black on the normal launcher): http://pastebin.com/uZnKZKQb

We are in the middle of migrating to 1.5. These are not stable versions. I'm not interested in bug reports for them.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MachineMuse" (Mar 18th 2013, 2:30am)

Krauser1129

Mad Scientist

• "Krauser1129" is male

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 7:35am

Ideas

Hi, first off, looooove the power suit, comes in real handy when exploring goes horribly wrong.
I had a few ideas I was hoping to share, so I hope I'm not spamming by posting them here.
I apologize if anything is impossible or unreasonable, I'm not very familiar with MC code =P
And sorry for sticking my fingers down my throat and vomiting up a lot of ideas!
I also apologize that some of these are already on the to-do list, I did a copy paste :(

Head: (Most of these I think would make great additions to the HUD display)
Adjustable Binocular vision
Hostile identification (boxes around mobs)
Power display for all parts of the suit
Minimap showing enemies, even for just a quick ping.
Threat Detector (warns the player when enemy mobs are moving to attack player.)

Chest:
Repulsion field projector (slows down nearby mobs at an adjustable distance)
Defibrillator (players health gets very low, suit spends energy to heal you or some effect or perhaps uses health potions in your inventory to heal you like the autofeeder)

Legs:
Accelerometer (displays your current speed in blocks per second)

Feet:
Magnetic item field (slowly pulls items towards you, including xp)
Evasive boosters (Quick bursts allow the player to dodge to the sides, front, or back by 5 or so squares)

Tool:
Higher max charge for plasma cannon
Faster charge speed for plasma cannon
Integrated mining laser
Larger projectile size
Mineral scanner (scans an area infront of the player, and gives info of what type of blocks are there and how many, but not their locations.
Integrated tinker table

Thank you so much for spending the time to make this truely epic mod, it's by far my favorite! A lot of close competitors but still.
I feel like more displays would help players really get into having a power suit. going for sort of an ironman theme here obviously. I mean who hasn't dyed their armor red and flown around blowing up mobs atleast once?
I especially love the power tool, I always have that thing on me. I mean an integrated shovel, axe, pickaxe, sword, and "bow" all in one? YES.
And who doesn't feel like a badass charging up the plasma cannon? I kind of wish the limits on how powerful something can be, were taken away, with perhaps increased energy costs. Like a "After X energy, you start building up heat. The integrated cooling mechanism on the suit automatically kicks in but has to spend extra energy after that point" as a justification for exceeding the recommended max. THe swim boosters do nothing for me at my weight, which is unfortunate, because water is sort of my downfall. I could go lighter but...eh, I just stay away from water. I'm like a super charged kitten.

This post has been edited 9 times, last edit by "Krauser1129" (Mar 17th 2013, 9:30am)

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 8:07am

Hi, first off, looooove the power suit, comes in real handy when exploring goes horribly wrong.
I had a few ideas I was hoping to share, so I hope I'm not spamming by posting them here.
I apologize if anything is impossible or unreasonable, I'm not very familiar with MC code =P
And sorry for sticking my fingers down my throat and vomiting up a lot of ideas!

Head:
Binocular vision
Hostile identification (boxes around mobs)
Power display for all parts of the suit
Minimap showing enemies, even for just a quick ping.
Threat Detector (warns the player when enemy mobs are moving to attack player.)

Chest:
Repulsion field projector (slows down nearby mobs at an adjustable distance)
Defibrillator (players health gets very low, suit spends energy to heal you or some effect or perhaps uses health potions in your inventory to heal you like the autofeeder)

Legs:
Accelerometer (displays your current speed in blocks per second)

Feet:
Magnetic item field (slowly pulls items towards you, including xp)

Tool:
Higher max charge for plasma cannon
Faster charge speed for plasma cannon
Integrated mining laser
Larger projectile size
Mineral scanner (scans an area infront of the player, and gives info of what type of blocks are there and how many, but not their locations.
Integrated tinker table

Thank you so much for spending the time to make this truely epic mod, it's by far my favorite! A lot of close competitors but still.
I feel like more displays would help players really get into having a power suit. going for sort of an ironman theme here obviously. I mean who hasn't dyed their armor red and flown around blowing up mobs atleast once?
i hope that get implemented (all of it) :)

Krauser1129

Mad Scientist

• "Krauser1129" is male

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 8:16am

Hehe thanks! I keep editing it when other things come to mind.

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 10:50am

Whats about making the Multimeter capable of reading EU like a EU-Reader does?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 12:50pm

If possible also making it read MJ in redstone conduicts (there is a tool, just don't remember what it is called) and making it read charge (factorization Charge Meter).
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 2:29pm

If possible also making it read MJ in redstone conduicts (there is a tool, just don't remember what it is called) and making it read charge (factorization Charge Meter).

That's the Multimeter. Allow it to work on the Liquiducts too!

Additionally, while we're at it, Redpower 2 multimeters!

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 11:50pm

Thanks for the support.

You are.

As are you.

And you.
That's the Multimeter. Allow it to work on the Liquiducts too!

Additionally, while we're at it, Redpower 2 multimeters!

And you.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MachineMuse" (Mar 18th 2013, 2:30am)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Monday, March 18th 2013, 8:14pm

Probably being a noob, but how can i charge my suit with only the Thermal expansion config?
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Monday, March 18th 2013, 9:25pm

Probably being a noob, but how can i charge my suit with only the Thermal expansion config?

Well.. if you don't have IC2 or UE installed, you can still use Powercrystals's Powerconverters ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1629…rores-and-more/ ) which has a charging pad. But I probably shouldn't support non-ic2 use on these forums.

Note that if you have IC2 installed and just have the recipe set turned off, you can still recharge the powersuit in a batbox for example.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 4:04pm

Well.. if you don't have IC2 or UE installed, you can still use Powercrystals's Powerconverters ( http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1629…rores-and-more/ ) which has a charging pad. But I probably shouldn't support non-ic2 use on these forums.

Note that if you have IC2 installed and just have the recipe set turned off, you can still recharge the powersuit in a batbox for example.
Not for me you cant, i gave it a full HV Battery, and it has the UE Reading like it normally would, but underneath it it says "0/1 EU" and doesnt charge with EU.
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

MachineMuse

Tree Cutter

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 9:54pm

Oh, you're using a REALLY old version of IC2.

Counter:

Hits today: 29,213 | Hits yesterday: 68,824 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,262,728