You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 1:17am

[1.5.2] [SSP/SMP] IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors v1.14.3

IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors, or IC2CA, is an addon for the IndustrialCraft 2 mod for Minecraft. Remember all those times you wanted to use your Electric Jetpack (because who doesn't love to fly) but your Mining Laser was out of energy? Or maybe you wanted to recharge your Nano Saber and have some reasonable protection from a NanoSuit Chestplate at the same time? Well, as you may have guessed from my corny intro and the title, this mod adds many different items that allow you to do just that. You can combine all of the electrical armors from IC2 to create a wide variety of different armors, from the Solar QuantumSuit Helmet to the LapiJetpack to the Ultimate QuantumSuit Bodyarmor.

Also, currently in development is a cool upgrade system that will allow you to make your cool armors even cooler. From something as simple as a Solar Production module that will make a Solar Helmet more efficient, to something as cool as the Cloaking Module that allows you to turn invisible, we have a long list of upgrades.

Lastly, we added a Nano Bow to match the Nano Saber. Even though it doesn't fit with the whole combo armors thing, we felt it was necessary :).

Credits

UnixRano: Project Head, Lead Coder, Artist, Design
FranticSigil: Lead Design, Coder, Beta Tester
MasterMan1010: Lead Artist, Design, Beta Tester
Ishaan1: Lead Wiki Design, Beta Tester, Test Server Owner
Kyogredude: Coder, Design, Beta Tester
DragnHntr: Lead Wiki Contributor, Wiki Moderator, Awesome Person

Help continue the development of IC2CA!

v1.14.3 Changelog
-Fixed a bug where jetpacks with high Max EU would be useless
-Added config for jetpack EU Usage
-Added config for turbine EU Usage
-Added config for Nano Bow crafting

v1.14.2 Changelog
-Updated to 1.5.2 (sorry for being a bum :P)

v1.14.1 Changelog
-Fixed server being broken.
-Fixed Cloaking Module not having a texture.
-Fixed Jetpacks being derpy.
-Added an API for getting my items. Let me know if any of you other IC2 modders need more features added to it.

v1.14 Changelog
-Fixed crash when upgrading Exo Solar or Exo Static armors
-Fixed discharge module not using the correct amount of EU
-Added Armor Assembler upgrades- one for survival, and one for creative.
-Updates for Minecraft 1.5, unstiched textures and all that tedious stuff.
-Added functionality for Transformer upgrades to reduce an item's charging tier thanks to changes in the IC2 api
-Added tooltips to all the upgrades, showing what they can be applied to
-Added a custom logger. Not a big thing you'll notice, but the console output looks different now.
-If the flight turbine module is NOT installed, you can turn the jetpack off by pressing the ` key.
-Added support for advanced solar panels: Upgrades for the Advanced, Hybrid, and Ultimate Hybrid panels, and recipes to convert the ASP solar helms into equally upgraded nano/quauntum helms (including EU amounts)
We have tested everything (somewhat) extensively on the server Ishaan1 runs for us, but I'm there's a few bugs we never noticed . If you notice any, post them below! If you get an error, please include the error log that FML will generate in you're .minecraft folder. If it's one of those bugs where something just isn't working as intended, please leave a detailed description and an image if you feel it's neccesary.

The wiki is as new as our mod, so feel free to edit any pages that are lacking information.

More Information

Spoiler Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler

Wow this stuff is old. I wonder if anyone ever changed it on the wiki... oh well. Just follow these instructions but put the armors you want to combine (or upgrades) in the Armor Assembler instead of the crafting table. NEI plugin coming... at some point in the near and/or distant future. :)

The recipes in this mod are modular, so it is not really necessary to list them all. Instead, I will give a short explanation about how you would go about crafting one item and explain how the mechanics work so you can use that knowledge to craft everything else.

The first step to making any of the combo armors, as of this version (will be changed in future for balancing), is creating an ExoSuit. ExoSuits are versions of the normal IC2 armors with Upgrade Modules installed in them. In order to craft an ExoSuit, you must first make a number of the Upgrade Modules:

The number you need to make is dependent on which piece of armor you are upgrading. For this example, we'll be making an Ultimate QuantumSuit Bodyarmor, and since chestplates traditionally need 8 of the material they are made from, we will need 8 upgrade modules.

Once we've gotten them, we can proceed in a number of ways. In order to make an Ultimate QuantumSuit Bodyarmor, we need 3 things- a Lappack, a Jetpack, and a QuantumSuit Bodyarmor. Only one of these needs the upgrade modules installed. For this example, I will install the modules into the Lappack. Also, we will begin by creating an Ultimate NanoSuit and then upgrade it at the end.

We now have an ExoLappack. From this point, you can simply proceed to install the other two pieces:

Alternatively, if you didn't want to make the NanoSuit Chestplate yet, you could start off with a LapiJetpack and add the NanoSuit later on.

The final step is to take our Ultimate NanoSuit Bodyarmor and upgrade it, using the normal QuantumSuit Bodyarmor recipe:

This finished product will have the power of all three of the items it started from; you can fly (only as well as a jetpack can, but there's an upgrade for that ;P), you can recharge your tools, and you will be protected from everything.

Now as I said, these recipes are modular. This means that if you are already rich enough to afford a QuantumSuit when you decide to make a Combo Armor, you can complete the steps leading up to the Ultimate NanoSuit, but with a QuantumSuit. A full list of recipes as well as all of the non-modular recipes (upgrades and nanobow) can be found on the wiki.

Pictures

Spoiler Spoiler

Solar Quantum Helm, Ultimate Quantum Body, Exo Quantum Pants, and Static Quantum Boots:

Nano Quantum Helm, Ultimate Nano Body, Exo Nano Pants, and Static Nano Boots:

Cloaking Engine:

Discharge Module:

Nano Bow:

Screens of some recipes (everything except the armors, because those are modular and would be a pain to take screens of) are on the wiki. Armor recipes are described, most are shapeless but the ones that are not shapeless are just modified versions of the IC2 armor recipes. A lot of the items, like the Solar Production, Static Production, and Flight Turbine, don't make great pictures... but they're in the mod, and they work great. Trust me.

More info on everything is on the wiki.

Videos
A nice spotlight by thejereman13, demonstrates a lot of the features (although I have no idea what caused all of those glitches he experienced... if anyone can replicate them, let me know).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZDZhg23vM
If anyone knows how to embed the video... please tell me. I have no idea.

Texture Packs
Thanks to Exsaliver on the BDCraft forums for that!

Mod Packs
My only request with modpacks is that if it is a public modpack that you link the IC2 forums post or the Wiki somewhere.
If it's a private modpack that you're just distributing to friends or something like that (including FTB ones, since I'm pretty sure they want some formal approval from me), then go right ahead & you don't need to link anything.

To-do
1. More upgrades
2. Support for items from other mods
Check out my addon, IndustrialCraft 2 Combo Armors!

This post has been edited 39 times, last edit by "UnixRano" (Feb 14th 2016, 1:16am)

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 8:50am

That seems to be awesome! Combing Armor like thismight be a bit OP, but I like it. Also, the idea of a Nano Bow is very well, and I like the other plans, too.

Good work!
Edit: By the Way,Adf.Ly Links arent allowed for AddOns.

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 9:29am

Seems cool... but I have to say, I think the amount of modular/combining armor pieces mods are starting to get out of hand.

As agreed with Sinnaj, combining armor may be OP without downsides to it (such as increased cost).

(Oh, and GregTech recipes are a good idea for people who prefer 376 times the difficulty think this may be 376 times too easy.)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Epic Lulz" (Feb 3rd 2013, 1:22pm) with the following reason: Removed some untrue thingies

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 12:06pm

Lets hope the Author fixes the Link, before RichardG comes along here.

But, nice Tools/Armors. Overpowerded but cool.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SteveofDoom

CEO of Fusion Power Engineering Industries®

• "SteveofDoom" is male

Location: Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber©

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 12:38pm

Lets hope the Author fixes the Link, before RichardG comes along here.

But, nice Tools/Armors. Overpowerded but cool.
Greg, don't let me down. I'm expecting a recipe nerf for this one.
Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 12:39pm

Removed Adf.ly link and replaced with direct, will add more information in a bit.
EDIT: Added more info. Hopefully that satisfies any rules I broke.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "UnixRano" (Feb 3rd 2013, 1:07pm)

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 1:24pm

As said before, overpowered but cool.

I shall be awaiting the balance.

(BTW, anybody else who's planning on making armor addons in the near future? Try to think of something creative, I believe at least 3 mods offering options for combinations of vIC2 armor pieces are sufficient.)

EDIT: @SteveofDoom The OP states balance will be arriving sometime soon, so Greg probably won't even think of doing anything until everything is finalized.

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 1:37pm

(BTW, anybody else who's planning on making armor addons in the near future? Try to think of something creative, I believe at least 3 mods offering options for combinations of vIC2 armor pieces are sufficient.)

EDIT: @SteveofDoom The OP states balance will be arriving sometime soon, so Greg probably won't even think of doing anything until everything is finalized.
I haven't seen any other mods doing what I just did. That was the first thing I did before I began to mod- I searched Google and IC2 forums and MC Forums for mods similar to what I had in mind. I didn't find any, so I proceeded.

The closest thing I can find is Modular Powersuits, but i felt that it was different enough from my mod to justify me still releasing it.

And as far as balance goes, I feel right now its below standard IC2 difficulty. I'm gonna raise it up to that (or slightly higher) first, and then I'll worry about a GregTech hard mode.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "UnixRano" (Feb 3rd 2013, 1:48pm)

Epic Lulz

Copper Miner

• "Epic Lulz" is male

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 1:49pm

I haven't seen any other mods doing what I just did. That was the first thing I did before I began to mod- I searched Google and IC2 forums and MC Forums for mods similar to what I had in mind. I didn't find any, so I proceeded.

The closest thing I can find is Modular Powersuits, but i felt that it was different enough from my mod to justify me still releasing it.

And as far as balance goes, I feel right now its below standard IC2 difficulty. I'm gonna raise it up to that (or slightly higher) first, and then I'll worry about a GregTech hard mode.
Gravitation Suite, although the combination it allows is super limited (GraviChestPlate).
I believe GregTech has an Ultimate Cheat Armor, however it is only for server owners.

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 1:54pm

Again, I felt that the 1 chestplate GraviSuite added was different enough from the 14 I had planned (plus the upgrade system).

SteveofDoom

CEO of Fusion Power Engineering Industries®

• "SteveofDoom" is male

Location: Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber©

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 5:06pm

You should add Ultimate Solar Quantum Helmet from Gravi Suite.
Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 8:10pm

You should add Ultimate Solar Quantum Helmet from Gravi Suite.
.........what? I can't tell if that was a terrible joke or not.

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:16am

bug

I have found a bug.
If I use nano or quantity bodyarmor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ) from yours mod. Completely loaded and all armament parts also in and then goes to lava or fire, then I agree no damage ( :) ). When I walk out of the lava, then I get all the time damage until the fire goes out ( :( ), a half heart per second.
If I use the original body armor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ), then go directly from the fire as soon as I walk out of the lava and get no damage.

If I upgrade my Quantumbodyarmor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ) with the flight turbine upgrade module, then stops working the already built-in jetpack. Is that correct?

The mod is really good, she's exactly what I was looking for. :thumbup:
Please developed further, I need it xD

Sorry for my bad English, had already use google translate. Otherwise speak only German. Hope you can still understand my sentences.

with friendly greetings
alex

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:28am

I have found a bug.
If I use nano or quantity bodyarmor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ) from yours mod. Completely loaded and all armament parts also in and then goes to lava or fire, then I agree no damage ( :) ). When I walk out of the lava, then I get all the time damage until the fire goes out ( :( ), a half heart per second.
If I use the original body armor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ), then go directly from the fire as soon as I walk out of the lava and get no damage.

If I upgrade my Quantumbodyarmor( :Quantum-Bodyarmor: ) with the flight turbine upgrade module, then stops working the already built-in jetpack. Is that correct?

The mod is really good, she's exactly what I was looking for. :thumbup:
Please developed further, I need it xD

Sorry for my bad English, had already use google translate. Otherwise speak only German. Hope you can still understand my sentences.

with friendly greetings
alex
I understood fine, here's to hoping Google translate can get this back into German for you, lol.

The jetpack is supposed to be disabled when you add a flight turbine. I felt it wasn't necessary to have both, but I could reconsider if people feel it's necessary.
As for the fire, I'll have a look at that. Thanks for the positive feedback :)

EDIT: I thought the QuantumSuit bodyarmor was supposed to put out the fires as you said, but I just tried it out in single player (with the normal IC2 quantum chest) and I burned to death...
Is this an IC2 bug? I added in the same line IC2 uses (player.setFire(0)), and I had no luck getting it to work either. Maybe MC changed something in a recent version that nobody is aware of? For now, I'll leave it as is.
I did notice another bug though, textures for the Exo QuantumSuit were broken. Fixed and reuploaded.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "UnixRano" (Feb 4th 2013, 1:55am)

Monday, February 4th 2013, 1:54am

cool xD
I think I understand everything xD

At first I thought this is a turbine upgrade for the jetpack, so my question. (Oh man the sentence sounds funny xD)

"As for the fire, I'll have a look at that."
You mean, you look even after that? (ok done)
(google translater sucks xD)
I should learn English xD

EDIT: I use tekkit lite (last version 0.5.7)
Thanks for looking, strange.

EDIT2:
IC2 Version: v1.115.208

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "alex1702" (Feb 4th 2013, 2:19am)

Monday, February 4th 2013, 2:56am

cool xD
I think I understand everything xD

At first I thought this is a turbine upgrade for the jetpack, so my question. (Oh man the sentence sounds funny xD)

"As for the fire, I'll have a look at that."
You mean, you look even after that? (ok done)
(google translater sucks xD)
I should learn English xD

EDIT: I use tekkit lite (last version 0.5.7)
Thanks for looking, strange.

EDIT2:
IC2 Version: v1.115.208
v1.115? The latest version is 1.112, and its still in beta...
*confused*

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:04am

Just found this: http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=243

Seems like the fire was a bug, I'll look into it more.

Monday, February 4th 2013, 3:20am

Perhaps a customized version of Tekkit team.

Yes, probably is a bug in IC2.

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 6:25pm

Have another question. Is it normal that the static quantumsuit boots only 100,000 eu store instead have 1,000,000?
Or why did the boots only 100,000 EU?

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 8:34pm

Have another question. Is it normal that the static quantumsuit boots only 100,000 eu store instead have 1,000,000?
Or why did the boots only 100,000 EU?
Well, that's what I get for copy-pasting the Nano Static and changing a few things. It had the wrong tier (could have be charged in MFE) and transfer speed too. Fixed now, reuploaded.