You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread
  • Germany

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 10:09am

[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

This Thread is about Suggestions to my Addon, and also contains a TO-DO-List of things I will do "sometime".

This first Post only contains a List of Links to Suggestions, which are contained in this Thread.

I made this for the more indepth Suggestions, which can easyly sink in the Ocean of Posts of my MainThread. If you only wanna suggest small Tweaks or report Recipe inbalance, then you are better on not posting that minor Stuff here.

Approved Suggestions and things I will very likely do:

Adventure-Mode-Only Config, to set Survival Players to Adventure Mode (so that you must use Tools)
More dangerous Mobs
one-use-Firemaker like matches
Automatic CO2 Extinguisher Block
Trade-O-Mat improvement (with Nuclear Control support)
DE-Crystalizer for Crystal Dusts and similar
Achievements
Sounds
IDSU-Texture-Effect (oh right I forgot that is now possible in 1.5 :D )
Cloaking Field Block
Solar Mirror Power Plant
Personal Shield
Enderpearl Launcher (fires Enderpearls farther). Also a Block Edition of this.
Eletric CFoam Sprayer
Electric Omniwrench
Ghast Tear uses?
Antimatter Items
Lead + Fuel
Ink uses other than printing?
Sulfuric Acid releated Recipes => Factoryzation
Dry Sand Dust for cracked Sand and similar (dustDrySand)
dustOilSand (1 Oil from 3 Oilsands)
Oilsand itself
Unificate all Smelting Outputs
Translocator etc, Energy Button fix, so that there is no longer that Chat Message
retexturing Ores
Safe with a larger Filter
Tool Repair Mode for Crafting Table
Filtered Large Buffer
Fabrication Table
Coal Generator
Laser Blocks
RC-Blast Furnace Recipes
Data Orb into Autocrafter
Multi-Item-Storage Sensor Card for Digital Chests
Coal Coke Dust
Several Dirt-alike Resources like Goldnugget containing Dirt
Riverlocated Salt Resources for gathering Lithium and nerfing Clay after that.
Liquids in several Machines
Endstone/Netherrack Dust from Grinder
Fermentation Device
Wood and Leave Cutting Cropharvestor and more Range
Insertion Buffer
Fillable Batteries
Electric Pulverizer
Microwave Oven for Food only, but very cheap EU-wise.
Adv Pump pipe retraction Button
CNC Machine
Rain-Sensor/Tank (Drain Texture)
Void Garbage Block
Steam Engine Upgrade for letting Machines consume Steam directly without lossy MJ-Production inbetween
Steam Tank Upgrade to store more Steam inside a Machine

Fusion List
-----------
Tungsten (W, 74) + Helium (He, 2) = Osmium (Os, 76)
Manganese (Mn, 25) + Hydrogen (H, 1) = Iron (Fe, 26)
Magnesium (Mg, 12) + Magnesium (Mg, 12) = Chromium (Cr, 24)
Mercury (Hg, 80) + Magnesium (Mg, 12) = Uranium (U, 92) / Gold (Au, 79) + Aluminium (Al, 13) = Uranium (U, 92)
Uranium (U, 92) + Helium (He, 2) = Plutonium (Pu, 94)

Random Suggestions I might implement:
[GregTech] Suggestion Thread & TO-DO-List

Denied Suggestions:
SilkTouch Automining of any kind and shape.
Multiblock Nukes
MicroBlock Nukes
Nick "The Cage" Cage Nukes
Infinite Energy Storages or anything storing more than 2 Billion EU.
Upgrade Removal of ANY kind. Even deleting Upgrades of Machines.
Any kind of Chrome Ore, ANY KIND!!!
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "GregoriusT" (Apr 13th 2014, 1:17pm)

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:11am

Let stuff, like the distillation tower, work with liquids directly instead of cells.
Actually, having your own sort of liquid transposer, akin to TE's, would be awesome. I'm ditching TE for 1.5.1, so please? :D
Also, more advanced oil processing, more by-products and stuff useful for making various fancy materials.
Plastic, asphalt, tar, cement, all sorts of industrial materials which would look awesome for building.
Oil sands and stuff to properly obtain oil without buildcraft.
Intrude more on Universal Electricity mods.
Completely redo the IC2 nuclear system with something way better and more realistic.
Your amazing massive solar farms that you promise us all the time.
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech
Unofficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:22am

@bove As far as I know, advanced oilrefining *plastic* is allready planned.

Edit: But whats about NUKE ENITIES?

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 11:25am

As far as I know, all that (except even more UE-Stuff) is aready planned.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

wasmic

Mad Scientist, but not as mad as Greg.

• "wasmic" is male

Location: Minecraftia, making a final stand against the spambots!

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 12:46pm

How about that old suggestion with hydrogen -> deuterium in the fission reactor?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 3:37pm

Multiblock Nukes
MicroBlock Nukes
D: but whyyyy

I beleive a while ago i suggested a Fire extinguisher machine, that uses Foam/CO2 to put out fires within like 100 blocks radius, not sure if that got accepted.
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 3:40pm

Suggestion: pls make another type of translocator which output face is not to the opposite of input face (not a straight line). I know you can do that with inventory manager, but the thing is pretty much the highest tier of all GT automation blocks.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "noskk" (Apr 4th 2013, 3:51pm)

tipred3

Professional Derper

• "tipred3" is male

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 3:55pm

Suggestion: Intergalactical Energy Storage Unit (IgESU)
Crafting recipe would ridiculously hard and it can hold infinite EU. It would output EU up to 128k eu/t (customizable)

GregoriusT

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 5:43pm

Now that I'm Home I can copypaste my TO-DO-List onto this.

GregTech Website

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 6:09pm

I plan to add Steam Engine Upgrades for my Machines, so you won't need the Steam Turbines to get EU. And yes, what you said is exactly what I want on this Thread.
How about adding your own "steam turbine" which doesn't require maintenance. Conversion ratio would be 1.5 mB -> 1 EU (lossless is 2:1)
It would be made of aluminium/carbon blades with a tiny amount of chrome (galvanization) to prevent corrosion of blades.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 6:11pm

What the hell are you going to do with Osmium? The only reliable uses I see for it would be cable wiring or a Chrome replacement in really high Tiered recipes...
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 7:05pm

What the hell are you going to do with Osmium? The only reliable uses I see for it would be cable wiring or a Chrome replacement in really high Tiered recipes...
Advanced Tools. Still hopping for Iridium-to-Q-Suit replacement (since it can't be get as a byproduct of *common* ores ^^

Btw ... no Molten Salt, Thorium-based Reactors ? :/

I also thought of a MutliblockStructure, that would act as a Giant Transformer/Energy Storage Unit/External expensive upgrades for machines: That could be made out of LESU, Machine Casings and would, depending on the scheme you're using, store energy, increase efficiency/speed for some machine, and act as a x*y*z (because I don't know how big it should be, I think 3*3*6 would be nice) transformer that would directly feed machines with the right amount of EU WITHOUT ANY PACKET-RELATED ISSUES, meaning each packet coming in would just go into the internal storage, and that each machines connected to it [or to some specials blocks on its structure](not MassFabs, for some obvious reasons ... and btw, machines having their own machine casing wouldn't fit with that ^^) would drain EU from it without any packet-related code ... Just because I think that's be cooler than using cables, and because I dislike making uggly/strangely shaped net just to avoid EU-losses ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 7:08pm

Advanced Tools. Still hopping for Iridium-to-Q-Suit replacement (since it can't be get as a byproduct of *common* ores ^^

Btw ... no Molten Salt, Thorium-based Reactors ? :/

I also thought of a MutliblockStructure, that would act as a Giant Transformer/Energy Storage Unit/External expensive upgrades for machines: That could be made out of LESU, Machine Casings and would, depending on the scheme you're using, store energy, increase efficiency/speed for some machine, and act as a x*y*z (because I don't know how big it should be, I think 3*3*6 would be nice) transformer that would directly feed machines with the right amount of EU WITHOUT ANY PACKET-RELATED ISSUES, meaning each packet coming in would just go into the internal storage, and that each machines connected to it [or to some specials blocks on its structure](not MassFabs, for some obvious reasons ... and btw, machines having their own machine casing wouldn't fit with that ^^) would drain EU from it without any packet-related code ... Just because I think that's be cooler than using cables, and because I dislike making uggly/strangely shaped net just to avoid EU-losses ...
A Machine "control center", in other words?
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 10:36pm

Here are some links to suggestions I made on the main GT thread, I will probably just update this post rather than making new ones.

[Addon][IC² 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! WorldGen/New ores (along the same theme as your river salts and gold from dirt idea)

[Addon][IC² 1.106 - 1.116] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity! More realistic way of generating elements with fusion reactor (Will update that post with more reactions) This could also work in a fission reactor as well.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Thutmose" (Apr 4th 2013, 11:53pm)

Blaster

CUO and Head Designer of Blaster Adventure Terain Generation inc.

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Location: Never in the same place for long (gotta love analysis sometimes)

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 10:58pm

This is going to sound like a stupid suggestion, but there are no mods out there (that I have found) that will do this. Could you make a device that destroys a massive amount of glass and nothing else?

Mediaholics: http://mediaholicreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you to all who are working on updating the Wiki

Blaster Analysis and Reviews inc. Part of
Blaster Adventure Terrain Gen .inc

Jagoly

The King Penguin

• "Jagoly" is male

Friday, April 5th 2013, 4:03am

Crafting recipe would ridiculously hard and it can hold infinite EU. It would output EU up to 128k eu/t (customizable)
Just a point - I'm pretty sure that inter-dimensional is "bigger" than inter-galactical.
My very own Role Playing Game Engine! Python and Pyglet! Works on Linux, Windows, and (probably) Mac!
https://launchpad.net/jagolyrpg

tipred3

Professional Derper

• "tipred3" is male

Friday, April 5th 2013, 4:11am

Just a point - I'm pretty sure that inter-dimensional is "bigger" than inter-galactical.

True, but intergalactical sounds cooler.

Friday, April 5th 2013, 4:13am

I don't think Minecraft scales properly with that nomenclature. At least, I don't think it follows that scale system very well..

Probably the only reason why it's called "inter-dimensional" is because it deals with EU between Overworld-Nether-End...
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

CrafterOfMines57

Miner Of Diamond

• "CrafterOfMines57" is male

Friday, April 5th 2013, 4:14am

Quoted

Cloaking Field Block

I pondered how to code this for a second, then realized damn, that would probably be pretty hard to code, do you have any idea on how you are going to implement something like this?
Is the answer to this question no?

Quoted

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Friday, April 5th 2013, 4:25am

Quoted

Cloaking Field Block

I pondered how to code this for a second, then realized damn, that would probably be pretty hard to code, do you have any idea on how you are going to implement something like this?
If it refers to a block that cloaks any player in the area, then probably just copy the beacon code and apply invisibility.

If it refers to cloaking other things, then no clue, probably something to do with if outside the area, make the blocks render like what generates there by default, and if inside the area you see what is really there?