You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Marcosf98

CEO of JAR Inc.

• "Marcosf98" is female
  • "Marcosf98" started this thread

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 3:38pm

It was a tutorial. Now its a random stuff discussion.

This is my first tutorial. Enjoy it!
In this tutorial I'm going to teach you about making factories. Since the small factory that only macerates and smelts stuff to the big one with its own self-refilling reactor,uu crafting sections, it's own mining zone, etc.

For this tutorial the mods I'm going to use are IC2 (of course!), Red Power 2 and Gregtech,since they are the ones that do better this work.

0. Preparing

Spoiler Spoiler

First for your factory you must find a proper space. Depending of the size you want you must find one or other type of space. The space I recomend when you start building is a swamp, near a dessert. When you start its better you keep a bit away from the water, because you need space. Look for or make a flat area of 20x20 or 30x30 when you start.

The next thing is the materials. I recomend to use some easy to make materials, like stone, stone bricks or construction foam (it's easyer if you use CF Sprayer and scaffolds). You will need some iron, copper, tin, rubber and redstone to make the wires and machines.

1. Power source

Spoiler Spoiler

If you want to use machines you will need a way to generate EU. When you start a generator running on charcoal does the work really good, but when you can I recomend you to get some watermills as they are so easy to make and generate some energy at a good rate. When you crafted the generating stuff switch to the next step.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Marcosf98" (Apr 15th 2013, 8:50pm)

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 5:41pm

$If you want to use machines you will need a way to generate EU. When you start a generator running on charcoal does the work really good, but when you can I recomend you to get some watermills as they are so easy to make and generate some energy at a good rate. When you crafted the generating stuff switch to the next step.
Seriously o_O ? ^^ I would recommand anyone not to follow these instructions and to go on GregoriusT+SpwnX tutorial, it's much more detailed, and it does not contain anything that ... stupid, sorry ^^
Watermills, for now, are the worst generator ever:
1) Unmanned setups using RP2 habe been nerfed and now, for the lag (graphical, mostly) it creates, it's not worth to use that. And their intended way of generating infinite energy is ... half bugged, half useless, since you'll need 2.5 of these to get the output of a solar pannels, assuming you're not sleeping etc ... and, it's a real pain to set up (you'll need tower, cables, water ... It's not THAT expensive, and quite easy to understand, but that's a bit boring and bit longer than just putting solar pannels ^^)

You'd better use Geogens (from RP2 Volcanoes/Vanilla lake, assuming you're using at least BC, and that, even if you're not, tin cells aren't that expensive), they output a nice 20EU/t, with 5 Coal/Charcoal=1 Lava bucket/source/cell (in terms of EU generated, of course), and if you're kind of a cheater, you can even power these by lava lakes from the Nether and teleporting the lava with any Tesseract or such ... AND, even if you're not using these, you can just live in the Nether ^^

If you're really a noob (which is very likely to be, if you're reading this thread with the purpose of learning IC²-Mechanics, you COULD use some Solar Pannels and spamm it, but I would instead higly recommend you to use the SpwnX-tutorial for Windmills, or to use some Nuclear Reactors (the funnier ^^).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 5:43pm

$If you want to use machines you will need a way to generate EU. When you start a generator running on charcoal does the work really good, but when you can I recomend you to get some watermills as they are so easy to make and generate some energy at a good rate. When you crafted the generating stuff switch to the next step.
Seriously o_O ? ^^ I would recommand anyone not to follow these instructions and to go on GregoriusT+SpwnX tutorial, it's much more detailed, and it does not contain anything that ... stupid, sorry ^^
1) Unmanned setups using RP2 habe been nerfed and now, for the lag (graphical, mostly) it creates, it's not worth to use that. And their intended way of generating infinite energy is ... half bugged, half useless, since you'll need 2.5 of these to get the output of a solar pannels, assuming you're not sleeping etc ... and, it's a real pain to set up (you'll need tower, cables, water ... It's not THAT expensive, and quite easy to understand, but that's a bit boring and bit longer than just putting solar pannels ^^)

You'd better use Geogens (from RP2 Volcanoes/Vanilla lake, assuming you're using at least BC, and that, even if you're not, tin cells aren't that expensive), they output a nice 20EU/t, with 5 Coal/Charcoal=1 Lava bucket/source/cell (in terms of EU generated, of course), and if you're kind of a cheater, you can even power these by lava lakes from the Nether and teleporting the lava with any Tesseract or such ... AND, even if you're not using these, you can just live in the Nether ^^

If you're really a noob (which is very likely to be, if you're reading this thread with the purpose of learning IC²-Mechanics, you COULD use some Solar Pannels and spamm it, but I would instead higly recommend you to use the SpwnX-tutorial for Windmills, or to use some Nuclear Reactors (the funnier ^^).
If he is using GT Solar panels are alot later game, and then again, you need Aluminium and circuit assemblers for Water mills.
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 5:58pm

A. why dessert? Already hungry?

B. Mat, this is about generating power for your very first machines- watermills are an inexpensive way to manually boost your power level. At this point, you barely have enough tin to make the cables for the serious windmill towers, not to mention any spare stacks of iron just laying around to make an excessive amount of generators, and no macerator to grind coal and make solar panels.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 6:00pm

If he is using GT Solar panels are alot later game, and then again, you need Aluminium and circuit assemblers for Water mills.
No shit Sherlock! ^^
Guess why I assumed he is not using GT ... you don't see ? You pointed it out yourself ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 6:02pm

A. why dessert? Already hungry?

B. Mat, this is about generating power for your very first machines- watermills are an inexpensive way to manually boost your power level. At this point, you barely have enough tin to make the cables for the serious windmill towers, not to mention any spare stacks of iron just laying around to make an excessive amount of generators, and no macerator to grind coal and make solar panels.
Or silicon Plates and Blast furnace for Solar panels ^^
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 6:10pm

1) Without GT, but that's not an issue there.
2) Geothermal Generator is quite cheaper, and you'll just need a BC pump or some cells ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 6:19pm

1) Without GT, but that's not an issue there.
2) Geothermal Generator is quite cheaper, and you'll just need a BC pump or some cells ...
I have plans on how to nerf Geothermals a ton. Guess what, it involves Steam.

Marcosf98

CEO of JAR Inc.

• "Marcosf98" is female

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:12pm

No BC
Ans think that I´m using gregtech so solars need blast furnance and electrolyzer to be made. Reactors are a lot of copper and shit so this is why youre making the factory. And you cant set up a sky windmill base. So watermills are a good renewable power source for now.
And if you dont like my tutorial first wait for it to finish, as im actually a bit busy at school. And if when finished you still dont like it then dont read it.
EDIT: If watermills need aluminium then i didnt know but they are still easy to make and set up.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Marcosf98" (Apr 10th 2013, 10:21pm)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:40pm

You don't need a sky base to harness wind power, just a very long glass fiber cable from the sky (Y 181-234) to ground.
Expensive, but worth.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 6:47am

Wow, I never saw such a bad tutorial! Even Direwolf20's outdated and bad videos are better than that! I really don't see why I should do all this stuff suggested here.

Marcosf98

CEO of JAR Inc.

• "Marcosf98" is female

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 7:02am

Ok guys if you dont like the tutorial then how do i delete it?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 7:13am

You can't. Only a moderator can close/disable this thread if necessary.
Just leave it alone and edit the main post to "outdated or something like".
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 5:32pm

Quoted

"Pro crafter"

Wait, is there such a thing?
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 5:46pm

Quoted

"Pro crafter"
Yes, there is such thing. But I doubt he is one.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Marcosf98

CEO of JAR Inc.

• "Marcosf98" is female

Friday, April 12th 2013, 9:08pm

Quoted

"Pro crafter"
Yes, there is such thing. But I doubt he is one.

I know almost all the vanila craftings, like the 80-90% from ic2,like the 40-50% of gregtech,all the bc craftings,like the 40-50% of rp2...So yeahi think im a pro crafter. If you wait two or three months ill be the Master of the Crafters :P

Friday, April 12th 2013, 10:43pm

I know almost all the vanila craftings, like the 80-90% from ic2,like the 40-50% of gregtech,all the bc craftings,like the 40-50% of rp2...So yeahi think im a pro crafter. If you wait two or three months ill be the Master of the Crafters :P

So when are you going to go compete at MLG?
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Friday, April 12th 2013, 11:23pm

So when are you going to go compete at MLG?
When he Memorises 101% of all recipes. Of course, we all did that ages ago. He just needs to catch up!

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Friday, April 12th 2013, 11:32pm

Pro Crafters just use NEI, they don't waste time on memorizing Recipes. :P
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

Friday, April 12th 2013, 11:41pm

Pro Crafters just use NEI, they don't waste time on memorizing Recipes. :P
NEI? Whats that?
Ooooooh, you mean the Nuclear Energy Institute?

Counter:

Hits today: 25,899 | Hits yesterday: 29,849 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,289,263