You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 9:24pm

That is as exploitive as making permanent day for solar panels using beds or mystcraft ages.
Rain is also harder to make.

If you use my second idea (aka making watermill river biome dependant) it would work good.
Rain and thunderstorms could cause bonus generation as it does increase a river's current.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 9:32pm

True totally forgot about those stupid panels. (last time I used those was 1.4.7 with 358 USPs) Yea so it's won't be any different.
My server! Click here for more info to my new website with better hardware! http://industrialization.enjin.com/

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 11:49pm

[ADDON] [MC v. 1.6.2] CompactWindmills

The way I think Watermills should work.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Monday, August 26th 2013, 1:15am

That is as exploitive as making permanent day for solar panels using beds or mystcraft ages.
Rain is also harder to make.

If you use my second idea (aka making watermill river biome dependant) it would work good.
Rain and thunderstorms could cause bonus generation as it does increase a river's current.

river, extreme hills, (maybe a few of the new ones, like the ravine) and have a "reservoir" requirement above it to combat any attempts to exploit it, say the HV one requires (LxWxH) 15x15x40 pool of water above it, power level adjusting for the "water level" as you fill it up.
and yes I know that water can be exploited but so what. If you get technical about it, any other mod like UE and its fusion reactor can be made to have an easy power gen, especially if they go with an easy method of using antimatter for power gen.

luacs1998

ForgeEssentials developer

• "luacs1998" started this thread

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:52am

I posted a poll, go vote!
If I missed anything or you have other mod mechanic ideas, feel free to comment.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 10:11am

Why isn't there the answer "both biome dependant and with rainwater collection + tank" ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 10:21am

Add multiblock raintanks which collect "rainwater" and make only THAT water pumpable in the watermill.

Problem is it takes hundreds if not thousands of square kilometers of land area to feed a single river enough to make sense to dam it and tap for energy.

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 10:27am

Yup, but you can make a cheap MB structure that just increase a number (its size) which makes a tiny input of water. Then add a *2 multiplicator for Thunderstorms, and some bonus in River Biomes (like a part of the tank is in a river biome = + 2000 mB/t) or jungle [tropical climate].

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

luacs1998

Monday, August 26th 2013, 1:48pm

Why isn't there the answer "both biome dependant and with rainwater collection + tank" ? ^^
Edited the poll, you may now choose more than one.
In any case, anyone wants to see this updated to the experimental API?

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:34pm

ye i need

Friday, August 30th 2013, 2:40pm

I assume this mod is not yet working with the experimental builds?
I get crashes when placing the lv water mill, such as:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at ic2.core.energy.Grid.prepareCalculation(Grid.java:183)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetLocal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetLocal.java:286)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetGlobal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetGlobal.java:46)
at ic2.core.IC2.tickEnd(IC2.java:1614)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:675)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:585)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)

• "Sami06041991" is male

Friday, August 30th 2013, 2:56pm

I assume this mod is not yet working with the experimental builds?
I get crashes when placing the lv water mill, such as:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at ic2.core.energy.Grid.prepareCalculation(Grid.java:183)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetLocal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetLocal.java:286)
at ic2.core.energy.EnergyNetGlobal.onTickEnd(EnergyNetGlobal.java:46)
at ic2.core.IC2.tickEnd(IC2.java:1614)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:282)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:675)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:585)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:582)
well yes it`s not for experimental ic2
it sees clearly for ic2 1.118 if

luacs1998

Saturday, August 31st 2013, 11:37am

I have updated the mod to the IC2 experimental API, and made a few mechanic changes (namely, combining options 1 and 3 of the poll)
https://bitbucket.org/luacs1998/cwm/comm…1dddb3e1bd6bcb6 <- temp change log
There is a 25% bonus power output if the water mill is in a river biome (not frozen river)
See the OP for downloads.

For those who want the rainwater powered mechanic, I will implement it separately.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "luacs1998" (Sep 14th 2013, 3:59pm)

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 2:03pm

hm ? this style must be , when i want maxiumum energy have ? this is medium water mill, place with water have 15x15 blocks, in center is water mill medium

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 2:33pm

hm ? this style must be , when i want maxiumum energy have ? this is medium water mill, place with water have 15x15 blocks, in center is water mill medium

You are forgetting that the detection code for water is actually a cuboid (X, Y , Z)
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 3:00pm

all block must be water source ?

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 4:05pm

all block must be water source ?
If he used IC² code, both flowing and source blocks are valid.
[Just make a big pool above the watermill (enough to cover the amount of blocks needed for watermill calculation) and release it, then put cables.]

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 4:49pm

If he used IC² code, both flowing and source blocks are valid.
[Just make a big pool above the watermill (enough to cover the amount of blocks needed for watermill calculation) and release it, then put cables.]

hm ? this is must be 15x15x15 ? water ? (so i use buildcraft new block flood gate) but cable i must add , hm when eu rader release :D

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 5:47pm

" "MV" (64) watermill would calculate a 13x11x13 (1853 blocks max due watermill and cable) outputting up to 18,53 EU/t "

TheFinnishDiamond

Beast Feeder

• "TheFinnishDiamond" is male

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 11:31am

Wrong link

Clicking the download of the experimental build downloads stable version instead, please fix it.

Other than that, great mod! I'm looking forward to adding it on my test server and testing it with my friends :)

Real links:

https://bitbucket.org/luacs1998/luacs199…e-162-1.0.6.zip

https://bitbucket.org/luacs1998/cwm/down…c2exp-0.6.1.zip

Edit: There's something wrong with the link to the core too, i'll add it here :)

Counter:

Hits today: 60,400 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,225,091