You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • "SpwnX" started this thread

Monday, August 26th 2013, 6:59pm

Suggestion : Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator Fuels

Plutonium is already considered by IC² (and in RL) a RTG fuel, but there is two more elements which should be added as RTG fuel.
I don't know if RTG fuel is going to deplete over time on IC², but if it is going to, it should be somewhat close to real life half-life times.
Plutonium 238 has a half-life of 87.7 years (MC time converted is roughly 444 days)

Americium 241, small amounts are found on nuclear waste (depleted fuel cell + centrifuge outputs tiny piece of americium 241).
Its generation power is about 1/4 of plutonium.
Americium 241 has a half-life of 432.6 years (MC time converted is roughly 2194 days)

Strontium 90, similar as americium, is found on nuclear waste (depleted fuel cell + centrifuge outputs piece of strontium 90)
Its generation power is similar to plutonium.
Strontium 90 has a half-life of 28.8 years (MC time converted is roughly 146 days)

Fancy thing is that RTG fuels lasts so long that it wouldn't be worth coding a duration time.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 7:30pm

Americium

Really? Is there no better named element?
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

MatLaPatate

Uranium Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:11pm

Wait what ? This Idea I suggested 1 years before actually got implemented in IC² experimental ? HAYO! ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:44pm

Americium

What can i do if it is named like that?
More RTG fuels is good anyway, expecially if they come from nuclear waste.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 9:14pm

What can i do if it is named like that?
More RTG fuels is good anyway, expecially if they come from nuclear waste.
Make an english lang file which changes it to something else which doesn't nearly have America in :P

RTG fuels are cool though. All the E-net changes make me terrified of not testing every single thing in survival to avoid blowing really expensive things up, like the ore heater thingy which needs 2 mining lasers for example.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 9:39pm

Americium
Imagine it's South America, or Middle America, or Canada.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, August 26th 2013, 9:40pm

Americium
Imagine it's South America, or Middle America, or Canada.

That makes it better. Canadians generating power.

I see this too much.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Monday, August 26th 2013, 10:23pm

MOX Fuel is basically Recycled Plutonium fuel which contains all those Elements, which makes it about as good but doesn't last as long in a reactor.
YO TD, WHY U CRAFT MOX?
GT Textures: 281/~470 (60%) Complete.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 9:16am

we need nigerium as permanent power source
Unsafe.putObject(42,Unsafe.staticFieldOffset(42.getDeclaredFields()[42]),43);

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 11:26am

I do think the Hazmat suit shouldn't take Radiation damage when you don't have the full suit, You should still get radiation but the suit shouldn't absorb that damage, kinda makes no sense.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 12:17pm

we need nigerium as permanent power source
Yeah, that would totally make everyone who says it in the USA a racist, even though it doesnt have a double 'g', but you know, Amuricans.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 12:25pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger
Still not a real element though ;p

Also: Seaborgium. HARNESSING IS FUTILE

BillJoehobo

Pyromaster

• "BillJoehobo" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 1:08pm

Americium is named after the Americas, and is located below Europium on the periodic table. (and don't forget Francium and Germanium :P)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 1:38pm

Francium is so unstable that the instant you view it, it has disappeared.
Just like in war.

MatLaPatate

Uranium Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 7:10pm

Just like in war.

While, just like in war, Englium or anything doesn't exist at all :p

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 7:43pm

Just like in war.

While, just like in war, Englium or anything doesn't exist at all :p

ur mom aint exsist or anythin at all m8!!1

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 9:35pm

Why a suggestion about a thermal radioactive material (americium [and strontium]) turned into a name origins discussion...

Americium could be used in a smoke detector, detecting fires and eventually extinguishes them (requires 100 mB of water for every fire extinguished). Useful on wood houses which can accidentally catch fire.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 10:23pm

Who puts reactor fuel in their smoke alarm?

I see this too much.

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 10:33pm

Anyone that doesnt want to have their huge wooden castle not to be burned. Either accidentally (thunderstorms, "leaking" fires, lava, whatever) or intentionally (griefers and fire-related mobs, like blaze).

Who knew that smoke alarms had americium :3 , imagine, you suddenly find one of these, it is broken, leaking and notice the nuclear radiation symbol...

Tuesday, August 27th 2013, 10:48pm

Anyone that doesnt want to have their huge wooden castle not to be burned. Either accidentally (thunderstorms, "leaking" fires, lava, whatever) or intentionally (griefers and fire-related mobs, like blaze).

Who knew that smoke alarms had americium :3 , imagine, you suddenly find one of these, it is broken, leaking and notice the nuclear radiation symbol...
I am proud to say that I knew that already... And knowing how it actually works.

But I know have a question: How would it work in Minecraft? Would it detect fire underneath it within a certain radius, or would it just check a certain radius of nn-solid, clear blocks? And would if have an internal reservoir? Or just storage for filled cells?
:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

Counter:

Hits today: 17,671 | Hits yesterday: 24,838 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 36,485,932