You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 10:40pm

My brain has just been sent to school's chemistry class about dyes. :D
One ingredient of yellow dye is Chrome? Thinking back about how much centrifuging has to been done to get the chrome needed for the 8 coils for an industrial blast furnace (dont know how much it has changed in 1.6.2), this would make me never produce yellow dye with a recipe that needs chrome :(

Unidye stuff:
- Config options for Forestry (?) and GregTech
- Forestry: Wool/Wool Mesh into Biomass (does that make sense?)
- GregTech: Industrial Centrifuge Recipes
- Macerator: Wool -> 2 Shredded Wool Parts
- Centrifuge: 8 Shredded Wool Parts -> 8 String + 1 Dye (30-45 sec)
- Centrifuge: 2 Unicolored Dye -> 1 Dye, 1 Unidye (2-3 minutes)
- Centrifuge: 4 Multicolored Dye -> 2 Unicolored Dye 1, 2 Unicolored Dye 2, 1 Unidye (3-4 minutes)
- Centrifuge: 6 Tricolored Dye -> 2 Unicolored Dye 1, 2 Unicolored Dye 2, 2 Unicolored Dye 3, 2 Unidye (4 minutes)

These are my current notes. I guess I can add chemical reactor recipes to that list.
Oh, and Greg, prepare your inbox for some questions I will have sooner or later..(though in most cases it'd make much more sense to just open a thread). Oh, and by the way, your reflection methods were rather hieroglyphs to me, probably because I don't really know Java. I learned it theoretically using an online video course, but never used it so I forgot most of it. So I guess I am relearning, now with university and my own copypasta adventures :D

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:
[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!
I am also contributing to FrogCraft, a GT AddOn, and soon Advanced Reactors.

Wednesday, November 6th 2013, 10:58pm

Version 1.2.0 out now...not literally now, but just wait for it!

- Wool Dyeing Plant (woo!)
- some things for GT
- some tweaks
- look into the Changelog

resulting questions from me: Greg, is there a way to access your items to use them in recipes, similar to IC2's Items.java? I want to use for example the conveyor module or add another recipe for one of your machines and if it's possible, it's not too obvious how to do it.

Next things will be rewriting a bit of my code, adding Upgrade support (that's gonna take me a while I think) for the Wool Dyeing plant, more GT recipes and things from the "what is planned" category. I will also try to make a quick video spotlight soon. Have fun with it!

Important EDIT: Back up your world! My machine was fine during testing, but weird stuff might happen and please don't blame me.

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 12:21am

Important EDIT: Back up your world! My machine was fine during testing, but weird stuff might happen and please don't blame me.
I feel a lot more scared of my new machine now... :S
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 8:11am

Well, you are actually supposed to always(!) backup your world before updating an old mod or installing a new one, there is always a chance that weird stuff happens and I don't want to be the one who broke your world without telling you to make a backup.
The machine should be working fine (a little primitive, but not malevolent).

mak326428

Iron Miner

• "mak326428" is male

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 8:47am

Well, you are actually supposed to always(!) backup your world before updating an old mod or installing a new one, there is always a chance that weird stuff happens and I don't want to be the one who broke your world without telling you to make a backup.

Did you forget a super call to super.writeToNBT() in writeToNBT() in your TileEntity class? :huh:

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 11:57am

Looking at the source, no I didn't..Neither in TileEntityWoolDyer nor BaseIC2Machine.
Why?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 4:26pm

Pah, backing up is for people who have Hard Disk space. If it works fine, I guess it can stay...
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 9:38pm

Version 1.2.0a: Little Hotfix for problems because of using BuildCraft's packet handler by accident.

Version 1.2.1: some fixes/improvements, only minor ones. Unidye costs now 1 Cyan 1 Magenta 1 Black 1 White Dye.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "LinusPhoenix" (Nov 10th 2013, 9:48am)

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 6:31pm

Version 1.2.0a: Little Hotfix for problems because of using BuildCraft's packet handler by accident.

Version 1.2.1: some fixes/improvements, only minor ones. Unidye costs now 1 Cyan 1 Magenta 1 Black 1 White Dye.

How did you end up doing that? :D

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 6:52pm

I think it should use Red Yellow and Blue, the primary colors, alongside white and black, achromatic colors.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 7:27pm

I think it should use Red Yellow and Blue, the primary colors, alongside white and black, achromatic colors.

How did I end up what?

And Cyan and Magenta is essentially every base color and black and white, but yeah, should tweak the numbers a little.

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 8:12pm

How did I end up what?

And Cyan and Magenta is essentially every base color and black and white, but yeah, should tweak the numbers a little.

Using buildcraft's packet handler.

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 10:40pm

Copying something :B

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 10:55pm

Copying something :B

Having to do with my code? :) Or BuildCraft's?

Monday, November 11th 2013, 6:33am

Buildcraft's, I was warned about making machines before my mod isnt a @NetworkMod, so I just copied buildcraft's networkmod declaration, not noticing that the PacketHandler.class was a Buildcraft custom one.

Monday, November 11th 2013, 12:07pm

That's what you get for copying. :)

Monday, November 11th 2013, 12:45pm

Be careful or my next feature is gonna be transformers..and convertors. ;)

wasmic

Mad Scientist, but not as mad as Greg.

• "wasmic" is male

Location: Minecraftia, making a final stand against the spambots!

Monday, November 11th 2013, 2:03pm

You really need to add this stuff as a yellow dye: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

Monday, November 11th 2013, 4:40pm

Be careful or my next feature is gonna be transformers..and convertors. ;)

Do it. I dare you. :P Read my forums terms and services. :P You can't do anything to it without my permission.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Monday, November 11th 2013, 4:42pm

But I CAN. I could copy it 1:1 over to IC² if I wanted. But I doubt I would do anyone a favour by copying that. :P
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)