You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 3:46am

Quoted

It was the Residual Current Device (that big thing that was burned in one of the holes) that was defect and a mistake on the wiring.
It failed to cut the energy, alongside the two cables shown on the picture being "misconnected" (the two cables were actually on that same burned hole, instead of being separated), according to the electrician. The Residual Current Device, that metal thingy that was also burned which name i don't know and the two wires got replaced. 190 bucks.

Yeah, it did look like it was a piece of shit. Of course, if you strip your wires a bit too much, some of the charge from the wiring will buildup heat and melt the outer casing. However, I don't think it would have melting the casing as quickly had the product been worth a crap...

We had cables in our house, with 240V running through them like all UK live wires do, that were insulated with JUST cloth essentially. We also had a light, with it connected using bell wire, which is low voltage cable designed for door bells. Definitely not lights.

8| How did your house NOT burn down?
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• "DispleasedScottie" is male

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 3:56am

And they said nuclear reactors are unsafe... Standing next to one is less dangerous than eating a banana.
The potassium in bananas make them very slightly radioactive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose

They say the Fukishima leak is equivalent to 76 million bananas.
¿?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 4:07am

Yeah, it did look like it was a piece of shit. Of course, if you strip your wires a bit too much, some of the charge from the wiring will buildup heat and melt the outer casing. However, I don't think it would have melting the casing as quickly had the product been worth a crap...
Well, at least it managed to last for about two weeks without catching fire as it was sloooooooowly melting away, giving no smoke, but a terrible smell due the molten plastic/rubber.
The wires probably were stripped because the rubber melted.

Tomorrow when the electrician comes back (to see if there is anything else wrong, as it was "late" when he finished assembling back the fuse box), i will take another pic, if anyone wants to see it.

I just wonder how desastrous it would be if it had catch fire. I can imagine all the wires melting and "fusing" together, causing a generalized short circuit, burning every electronic thing that were plugged to the network.
And they said nuclear reactors are unsafe... Standing next to one is less dangerous than eating a banana.

Well, you can get more radiation from living next to a coal-fueled powerplant aswell.

We had cables in our house, with 240V running through them like all UK live wires do, that were insulated with JUST cloth essentially. We also had a light, with it connected using bell wire, which is low voltage cable designed for door bells. Definitely not lights.
8| How did your house NOT burn down?
Even if the insulation were just cloth, it wouldn't burn as long it didnt overheat (as it did in my case) as it wouldn't reach temperatures high enough for self-combustion.
SpwnX has attached the following image:
  • 4.jpg
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

MatLaPatate

Diamond Miner

• "MatLaPatate" is male

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 8:44am

Not to mention natural radioactivity oscillate between values that are like 10/50 times the measured increases of radioactivity from Nuclear PW Plants ... Average in France at HUNDRED METERS of a powerplant is: +0.1 mS ... which is nothing when you know the Colorado Plateau is at about 3 mS ...
And when you know that smoking 40 cigarettes a week is as dangerous IN TERMS OF RADIOACTIVITY ONLY as staying 1 hour IN the fukushima reactor that exploded. Really, Nuclear is no dangerous, people are just scared by what they can't see ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 8:52am

Banana for scale AND for radioactivity? Imgur's gonna have a fit.

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:
[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!
I am also contributing to FrogCraft, a GT AddOn, and soon Advanced Reactors.

Blaster

CUO and Head Designer of Blaster Adventure Terain Generation inc.

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Location: Never in the same place for long (gotta love analysis sometimes)

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 10:09am

I'm asking this as a serious question, how many playable characters is too many in a fighting game like (for example) Super Smash Bros?

Mediaholics: http://mediaholicreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you to all who are working on updating the Wiki

Blaster Analysis and Reviews inc. Part of
Blaster Adventure Terrain Gen .inc

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 10:20am

I'm asking this as a serious question, how many playable characters is too many in a fighting game like (for example) Super Smash Bros?

Depends. If you play it casually, it doesn't really matter. But if you want to be competitive it shouldn't really be more than 32.

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:
[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!
I am also contributing to FrogCraft, a GT AddOn, and soon Advanced Reactors.

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 10:21am

The more Characters the better. That way no one demands additional Characters.

Note: Every Character needs a unique ability, and you can run out of those abilities fast.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Blaster

CUO and Head Designer of Blaster Adventure Terain Generation inc.

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Location: Never in the same place for long (gotta love analysis sometimes)

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 10:55am

The more Characters the better. That way no one demands additional Characters.

Note: Every Character needs a unique ability, and you can run out of those abilities fast.

So if I said that I was working on a game that has over 150 characters and there are planed features that would increase it to into the millions, what would you say?

Mediaholics: http://mediaholicreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you to all who are working on updating the Wiki

Blaster Analysis and Reviews inc. Part of
Blaster Adventure Terrain Gen .inc

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 3:29pm

Quoted

Well, at least it managed to last for about two weeks without catching fire as it was sloooooooowly melting away, giving no smoke, but a terrible smell due the molten plastic/rubber.
The wires probably were stripped because the rubber melted.

It's a common mistake to strip the wires a tad too much. One of the Hospitals where I live just finished a new expansion to it's facility not too long ago, and they have had a few outlet fires over this simple mistake. Course, when you've got a sub-contractor pulling any smuck off the street, these type of mistakes can crop up continuously from untrained labor

#HireUnionWorkers #IBEW #HigherPriceHigherQuality

Quoted

I just wonder how desastrous it would be if it had catch fire. I can imagine all the wires melting and "fusing" together, causing a generalized short circuit, burning every electronic thing that were plugged to the network.

Yup, exactly. The resulting heat would have enough to take out the entire box, and possibly run the risk of burning your apartment down. Glad this was an easy catch though....

But it does look like that your electrician will have to rerun those wires in the panel. Idk if your apartment complex keeps building specs on hand, but the next thing will have to be to rerun those circults...

Quoted

Even if the insulation were just cloth, it wouldn't burn as long it didnt overheat (as it did in my case) as it wouldn't reach temperatures high enough for self-combustion.

Well, he did say that it was in the UK, which is colder and rainy (from what I've heard). The satuation may be what the electricians were relying on to dispell heat off the wires, lol...

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 4:13pm

Well, he did say that it was in the UK, which is colder and rainy (from what I've heard). The satuation may be what the electricians were relying on to dispell heat off the wires, lol...
Incidentally the cable was outside, but the ends of it were inside, where all the cloth had rotted away from a hot, slightly damp contact. Not safe with 240V in a now uninsulated cable :P
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 5:05pm

Incidentally the cable was outside, but the ends of it were inside, where all the cloth had rotted away from a hot, slightly damp contact. Not safe with 240V in a now uninsulated cable :P

Yup, that sounds pretty legit. You have to admit, thought, that's a pretty clever way to take advantage of your environment thought. But it doesn't surprise me that the design falls apart when inside the actual building, lol...

Quoted

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 6:57pm

Before modding Minecraft, yours truly did weird things to operating systems and other computer stuff. Like this, not like you'll understand.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" started this thread

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 7:17pm

Before modding Minecraft, yours truly did weird things to operating systems and other computer stuff. Like this, not like you'll understand.

I feel like you should upgrade your OS
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 7:47pm

I feel like you should upgrade your OS

I expect that webpage crashed his computer, all the dogeness was much too great for his puny XP.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 8:08pm

Don't worry kids, this is a controlled environment.

#XPocalypse

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 8:17pm

While Iam mainly using 7, I also have a XP device, and you knw what? It is still supported, and still great! Well, the PC its installed on sucks .

BillJoehobo

sdrawkcab siht etorw I

• "BillJoehobo" is male

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 9:28pm

Better than Vista...

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 9:37pm

Better than Vista...

I think Vista is actually having a few performance advantages over something.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 10:22pm

Better than Vista...

I think Vista is actually having a few performance advantages over something.

Windows ME. Only one worse

I see this too much.