You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" started this thread

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Monday, January 6th 2014, 8:42pm

Can anyone think of any odd generator types? IC2 has pretty much all of them apart from oil and gas.
Perhaps a thermopile? The only logical generator I could think of that is worth using.
Antimatter is simply unviable as it would need to be extracted out of the magnetosphere, which would take a huge amount of time and effort :P
Some kind of solar boiler I guess, creating steam :P

It might be a better idea to focus on the whole steam thing anyway though, for the nuclear reactors.
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

inucune

Industrial Nightmare

Monday, January 6th 2014, 9:51pm

i think the next logical question should be this:
Should IC2
maintain a 100% stand-alone block scheme(pre-experimental),
maintain a mostly stand-alone block scheme, but have blocks that work with the most common mods used with ic2 (experimental mindset).
maintain a loose stand-alone block scheme, and design blocks knowing other mods will be added.

here is my train of thought. stand alone does not mean 0 multimod interoperability. Currently, reactors can be set to generate steam, but if i were to install IC2 alone, i would have no use for steam, but expect some use for it in upcoming releases, if ic2 were 100% stand alone.
if it were mostly standalone(as it is currently in the experimental version), i would expect the steam to be an option, but not expect much balance out of it update-to-update.
if it were a loose stand-alone, i would expect steam to be a major decision before starting a world, with both methods balanced against each other, and any gains given by other mods.

getonwithit: maybe IC2 should see if they can make a steam turbine, or perhaps trade/share the buildcraft/railcraft turbine so it would be available in an ic2-only world?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Monday, January 6th 2014, 9:56pm

Can they even output steam, if there isn't any mod adding the steam? (Railcraft or Gregtech are the main 2 I can think of)
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Monday, January 6th 2014, 9:56pm

Solar Boiler is about the only thing I can think of as well that isn't done by GregTech. Of course, you could add in a feature where anti-matter could be manufactured by corrupting UU-Matter in such a way that causes it to destroy (instead of create) new objects. Now, how to balance it where it generates a positive yield and not be completely OP, is up to the devs.
Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

Quoted

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

inucune

Industrial Nightmare

Monday, January 6th 2014, 10:09pm

how about a method of transmitting EV-EU wirelessly over a distance?

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, January 6th 2014, 11:00pm

What about a real Geothermal generator which digs up its tunnel (like explained somewhere in the GT suggestion thread)? Thus simply making lava burnable at a common generator.

@sinnaj : delete the cookies from ic forum and you may log out automatically.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

wasmic

Mad Scientist, but not as mad as Greg.

• "wasmic" is male

Location: Minecraftia, making a final stand against the spambots!

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 1:37pm

Can anyone think of any odd generator types? IC2 has pretty much all of them apart from oil and gas.
Perhaps a thermopile? The only logical generator I could think of that is worth using.
Antimatter is simply unviable as it would need to be extracted out of the magnetosphere, which would take a huge amount of time and effort :P
Some kind of solar boiler I guess, creating steam :P

It might be a better idea to focus on the whole steam thing anyway though, for the nuclear reactors.

A fart generator! Oh, right, GregTech already has that one. A solar boiler sounds pretty rad, though.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 1:41pm

I'd like to see a treadmill with animals running over it for EU.
Even a stupid hand-dynamo that generates a few EU per click.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 2:05pm

Sometimes cl looks like d. This was one of the hilarious occassions :P

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:
[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!
I am also contributing to FrogCraft, a GT AddOn, and soon Advanced Reactors.

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 2:40pm

My click (on adfly) is worth $ 0,0005

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 6:53pm

My click (on adfly) is worth $ 0,0005

And I guess it only woks once per IP and can not be done if you are logged inas the one profiting and has another crapload of safeguards to ensure that one can't spam money?

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 9:11pm

How close does the default forum theme look to Android Holo?

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" started this thread

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 9:14pm

How close does the default forum theme look to Android Holo?

Not at all
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 7:14am

Exams start today, probably will be inactive for a week or so -_-
Wish me luck....

Blaster

CUO and Head Designer of Blaster Adventure Terain Generation inc.

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Location: Never in the same place for long (gotta love analysis sometimes)

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 8:30am

Wish me luck....

Coming from someone who did their exams a few months ago, Good luck sir, your going to need it.

Mediaholics: http://mediaholicreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you to all who are working on updating the Wiki

Blaster Analysis and Reviews inc. Part of
Blaster Adventure Terrain Gen .inc

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 11:07am

Wish me luck....
Coming from someone who did their exams a few months ago, Good luck sir, your going to need it.
Coming from someone who can spell your and you're properly: Good Luck Sir, you're going to need it.

mr10movie: since you asked for luck, I could have given you tough luck aswell.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 11:21am

Greg, did you modify IC2's code to be more lagfree on build 357?

Hey mr10movie, good luck.

I got a good fortune thingy from the Amakusa Temple ;)
SpwnX has attached the following image:
  • IMG_20140108_160319.jpg

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 11:29am

Greg, did you modify IC2's code to be more lagfree on build 357?
Nope, I just made it more readable. Eclipse showed me a shitload of Warnings in the IC² Code, and I fixed all of them, and during that I even found some Bugs.

Who the fuck uses try {Object.member.function();} catch(NullPointerException e) {return null;} instead of a simple Object.member != null check?
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 4:05pm

Who the fuck uses try {Object.member.function();} catch(NullPointerException e) {return null;} instead of a simple Object.member != null check?

It looks more intelligent/fancy?
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 4:21pm

Yes

(well, it seems that you've shortened the code and that may [or not?] improve performance)