You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Blaster

CUO and Head Designer of Blaster Adventure Terain Generation inc.

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Location: Never in the same place for long (gotta love analysis sometimes)

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 7:41am

I apologise if I have already posted this, I'm not sure if I had. Could I please get some feedback on these reviews that I have written, what could help me inprove ect.

http://blasterreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Mediaholics: http://mediaholicreviews.blogspot.com.au/

Thank you to all who are working on updating the Wiki

Blaster Analysis and Reviews inc. Part of
Blaster Adventure Terrain Gen .inc

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 2:31pm

Forcing the spawn area to be insanely big generates everything in those chunks. Only problem is I apparently have greatly underestimated the time it takes to flush them to disk. It's been about 4 hours now and 2/3'rds of the .mca files under region are still basically empty. It took a LOT less time when the area was 4x smaller. I guess there is some sort of non-linear increase of processing time for some reason (garbage collector/memory trashing overhead?).

Every time the radius is bigger, it takes more chunks to be made than the previous size. As the sides of the square of loaded chunks gets longer, so does the number of chunks Minecraft has to make, which would explain the non-linear increase.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

hoho

Copper Miner

• "hoho" is male

Monday, March 24th 2014, 7:07am

Every time the radius is bigger, it takes more chunks to be made than the previous size. As the sides of the square of loaded chunks gets longer, so does the number of chunks Minecraft has to make, which would explain the non-linear increase.

Yes, obviously, and I already accounted for that. Problem was, increasing the total amount of chunks by 2x increased the saving time by MUCH more than 2x.

inucune

Industrial Nightmare

Monday, March 24th 2014, 4:21pm

you understand what a log function is right?

Industrial Miner

Supreme Cyborg with Gau-8 Avenger

• "Industrial Miner" is male

Monday, March 24th 2014, 7:33pm

Cyborg Industries

BillJoehobo

sdrawkcab siht etorw I

• "BillJoehobo" is male

Monday, March 24th 2014, 9:27pm

Based on how he described it I'd say it is a exponential or quadratic function, not a log...

Monday, March 24th 2014, 9:34pm

Maybe it is not linear due to cross chunk interactions internally?

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:
[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!
I am also contributing to FrogCraft, a GT AddOn, and soon Advanced Reactors.

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" started this thread

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Monday, March 24th 2014, 10:57pm

Its obviously not linear because cubes are made up of 3 dimensions, not 1. Duh!
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:31pm

A Chunk is not a cube. Also not relevant :P

Ever wanted dyes to be more interactive? Do you like automated fishing as much as I do? Is Crystallising things your favourite thing ever? Then check out:

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:54pm

Chunks are cuboids. :P
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 12:19am

But that means chunk extends cuboid, not chunk extends cube (and cube extends chunk). So, Cube c = (Cube) new Chunk() will get you an Exception!

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 7:20am

He said twice as much Chunks, not twice as much World length/width, meaning it should still be a x2 and not more. His Problem is a completly different one.

Also the MC World is 2 Dimensional in regards of Chunks, since every Chunk has the same Height.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

SirusKing

Nuclear Demolitionist

• "SirusKing" started this thread

Location: Selling IndustrialWow: You'll be saying Wow everytime you use this mod!

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 7:39am

What if your entire planet is made of half slabs?
GT Textures: 281/ ∞ (0.0%) Complete. Screw this.
Sirus is the greatest person on the planet ever and I adore him and his work in every way possible. ~ GregoriusT 2014
Greatest thing on the internet.

Blaster

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 8:33am

What if your entire planet is made of half slabs?

Well then :P

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 4:19pm

I hate Snow. And I hate Ninjas.

Stupid Ninja Snowmen.

Yeah, I am playing KoL. And writing about it. And hating Ninja Snowmen.

Did I mention that I hate that damned Ninja Snowmen?

Why am I fighting them anyway, I have a Quest to do!

Ohh, right. I want to complain about Ninja Snowmen.

Stupid me.

Stupid Ninja Snowmen.

This post is long.

I should not use ENTER so often.

I guess.

Really.

I should stop it.

Now.

Dammit, that is the most random post ever.

Actually, I guess not.

Or is it?

inucune

Industrial Nightmare

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 2:16am

I see your mindfuck and raise you THIS Viewer discretion is advised.
i like most of cyriak's videos.

Blaster

• "Blaster" is male
  • Australia

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 2:23am

That's no mind fuck if you know what your looking at...

• "DispleasedScottie" is male

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 3:33am

SinnaJ, you have me addicted to Kingdom of Loathing now.
¿?

Sinnaj63

Retired Shitposter|Globalist Conspiracy

• "Sinnaj63" is male
  • Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Réunion Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 4:30pm

After his friend Putin annexed Crimea before him, Mark Suckerbird annexed Oculus Rift instead.
SinnaJ, you have me addicted to Kingdom of Loathing now.

I spout my famous ID: #2456089 Your enemy winces and suffers 42000 damage!

Monster Attack Monster attack power reduced by 9001

Monster Defense Monster defense reduced by 9001

I win the fight!

I gain 502342 Meat

I gain 62435 Beefiness.
I gain 53565 Magicalness.
I gain 22245 Sarcasm.

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 4:55pm

After his friend Putin annexed Crimea before him, Mark Suckerbird annexed Oculus Rift instead.

And didn't even have a vote first, he's just skipping all the steps. Bet the west will ignore it too.

I see this too much.