The new 5x5 IC² Reactor

• Thunderdark mentioned on Jenkins that a Fluid Regulator should be used between the Steam Gen and the Kinetic Steam Gen, but the fluid-eject module on the KSG pushes Distilled Water into the output face of the Fluid Regulator at the first chance it gets.

• Since these are all full blocks, it's impossible to wrench some blocks into the proper orientation with the IC² wrench mechanics unless you dismantle half your assembly (or, don't build any block sequences in straight lines, stair-step them, but really, that's a lot of flexibility lost).

• ^
    I wonder why it isn't the default IC², except that I presume default IC² would want to preserve the chance-to-lose a block on wrenching.

• Bug: It looks like Steam is able to flow from the Steam Generator into buildcraft pipes that are completely full of water, thus voiding said steam.

• Fun fact unrelated to the Nuclear, but new for IC2: The Liquid Heat Exchanger turns lava into pahoehoe lava (a hawaiian name for the lava that has the not-bright-orange crust on the outside), which cools to basalt cobblestone if you place the source blocks from NEI or use the Floodgate from the latest Buildcraft.

• I tried to make a 5x5 cube without holes and added hatch, redstone port and fluid ports: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0l3t…2014-07-24%2013.14.10.png
    But I recieve basic IC2 reactor GUI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr3c…2014-07-24%2013.17.15.png
    Also, Hatch works only if placed close to Reactor, in the middle of cube side...

The Mary Sue is not defined by her power, but by her lack of an even more powerful opponent. ©LessWrong

• Official Post

Fun fact unrelated to the Nuclear, but new for IC2: The Liquid Heat Exchanger turns lava into pahoehoe lava (a hawaiian name for the lava that has the not-bright-orange crust on the outside), which cools to basalt cobblestone if you place the source blocks from NEI or use the Floodgate from the latest Buildcraft.

More fun info. All IC2 fluids used to flow, and in doing so, voided any other fluids they touched. Pahoehoe lava used to never solidify, but when it did at first, it made reinforced stone. The only difference between IC2's basalt and Project Red's basalt cobblestone is that IC2's is slighty darker on the cracks. Redpower's basalt is the exact same texture :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• StragaSevera, with the shape of the 7 blocks that make up the reactor, and the 5x5 shell of the pressure vessel, there should be something like 20 air blocks inside the space. You didn't fill those with pressure vessels, did you?

• Official Post

According to the bug tracker, yes.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Yes, I filled them =-) Sorry for not adding the solution from bugtracker =-)

The Mary Sue is not defined by her power, but by her lack of an even more powerful opponent. ©LessWrong

• Some things have changed in the last few versions. Anyone able to help me update the OP with stuff they already discovered?

• Official Post

The boiler can accept heat from any side, but any more than 480 (ish) causes the boiler to heat faster than the water, and the boiler explodes at about 250 C (ish).
    The fluid regulator can now work in speed/tick or speed/second. Meaning 1 bucket per tick fluid transfer :)
    RPT is gone, and now the Kinetic Steam Generator just makes kU.
    Coolant is now made from either 1 lapis dust and 1 bucket of distilled water, or 8 lapis and 1 bucket of normal water.
    Plenty of bugs fixed, many of them mine ;)

We're still waiting for the super heater to make super heated steam.

The pump has changed, but still isn't relevant to the reactor stuff, apart from maybe filling a canning machine up with water :)

Pretty sure that's about it

I see this too much.

• Thanks choco. Editing now. Are my hU to EU numbers still good?
    Edit: I'm thinking not... I got 64EU/t from one test turbine.

• It looks like the Steam Generator's pressure (measured in Bars) may be the key to determining turbine and EU output. With this very tricky balancing act in mind (at least as unforgiving as it is in these early builds), I would guess there is a setup (or single handful of setups) that performs optimally, and all other setups (or the remainders of setups that aren't direct multiples of the 'perfect rig') should run Stirlings.

• Hi guys,

This is my attempt at a cooling system for a CRCS reactor (using project red).

So far this produces 600 EU/tick because the cooling towers are the bottleneck right now. I have a system that I think works it involves a bunch of fluid regulators and distributors to pass the steam down to the generators. A few things that need to be kept in mind is that the steam gen, produce a bit of water and steam before producing superheated steam that clogs up your system. Also it appears that each condenser can only handle 300 mb/tick steam off the turbine.