[1.7.10] IC² Experimental build 648 - Freezing up

• Hello!

I'm trying once again to get back into Minecraft, however I can't get IndustrialCraft² experimental (built 648, among other builds) working on 1.7.10 with Forge 10.13.1.1224. The game loads as per normal, however upon starting/creating a world, it plays for ~1 second then simply stops. Occasionally stutters for a frame or two, and if left for a minute or so, gives black screen. I need to force-crash Minecraft to recover, creating no specific crash log, the only thing I have is the game output from the console:

The other mods I have installed and functioning are:

If I remove IC² from my mods folder, everything works a-ok. I've always played with IC², so would love to have it working so I can try out all the new things the experimental builds introduce. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated! :D

• I see a memory error in that log. Not sure why IC2 would cause it though :/
    Try allocating more RAM, or using 64 bit Java (if you aren't already). You could also try Java 8, the incompatibility with Forge was fixed, and it's been said to give performance boosts.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Official Post

I see a memory error in that log. Not sure why IC2 would cause it though :/

All the other mods? :P Adding IC2 would just tip it over the edge.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I've already allocated 3gb to Minecraft of my system's 8gb total. Not quite a potato, but maybe a space potato: 3.1GHz Intel Core i7, 8gb 1.6GHz DDR3, nVidia GeForce GT 750M 1GB, SSD, blah, blah, numbers, numbers, blah.

I've played with various packs before with tons more mods and its always ran liquid smooth at 1920x1080 at just under 100fps. So I don't think my systems performance is an issue, somehow, somewhere, something is stumbling. :(

• Tried that, still no luck. :S

Well, if there's nothing else I can do I guess I'll wait until the direwolf20 pack for 1.7 comes out then remove/add packs so it's as I like. I did that last time for 1.6 and it worked a treat .. Just gotta wait. :wacko:

• I', getting a similar error but mine plays for about a second then says shutting down internal server.

It only happens when I try to play my main world. My test world is fine.

The latest stable version I have found is 642, upgrading to any other just give the same sort of error.

Unfortunately I don't really know how to interpret the crash report.

• Official Post

Seen that crash report before, get this updated version of Advanced Machines: [Addon IC2_exp] Advanced Machines - now with Array Solars! [Not to be confused with Solar Arrays]

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.