[Remake][1.6.4|1.7.10|1.10.2][Patreon][IRC|#IC2-Classic|EsperNet] IC2 Classic by Speiger

• Official Post

The Sidedness of IC2C is different, try inserting an Automation Upgrade using the Tool that looks a bit like :EC Meter:but with a wrench below it.

You can just hopper the Fuel from the top or side instead (that way the Generator is vanilla compatible).

The Bottom is for Charging stuff in IC2C.

I somehow can't believe that you didn't even try other Sides before reporting it. Especially since the Tekkit Wiki applies to IC2 Exp.

• You misunderstand my post. I am not trying to just "make it work from any side". I want it to load from the bottom, like it used to...or find out why it doesn't load from the bottom.

In tekkit lite I could load fuel from the bottom into a generator and the fuel went into the lower slot.

I expected the same functionality in tekkit legends, the IC wiki even says the generator should load from the bottom.

In industrialcraft-2-2.2.828-experimental the generator loads from the bottom also. But they removed solar arrays. So not using that one.

But in IC2.Classic.Version.1.1.3.5 used in tekkit legends, the generators will accept fuel from the bottom and then place the fuel in the top slot where it can't be used. Which is rather bug like behavior regardless of which side does what.

All I wanted was updated computer craft to begin with. That is the only reason I went from tekkit lite to tekkit legends. I forgot about the never ending conflicts and changes that occur in the circular path of upgrade hell.

• IC2 Classic Version 1.2.1.2.3 has solar arrays , but the generator will still not work when loaded from the bottom.

I dont see any way to change the sides in IC2 classic

That is one of the things I like about buildcraft machines; the sides are configurable and also do not need an engine to eject items when the operation is done.

• Official Post

Yeah then read the first line of my previous comment, it explains how to make it possible to make it load from bottom.

The old BC Sidedness (aka: fuel from bottom) does no longer exist in ANY Mod, since Hoppers of vanilla MC are a thing. Hoppers dont work without gravity so the bottom Side of most Modded Machines is no longer an Input at all.

And IC2Exp just accepts from any side by now afaik.

Also the IC2 Wiki does NOT apply to IC2C, it doesn't even apply to IC2Exp as it's outdated as fuck.

• Official Post

Also the IC2 Wiki does NOT apply to IC2C, it doesn't even apply to IC2Exp as it's outdated as fuck.

Quite a bit has been updated over time, so at least it's more likely to apply to modern IC2 than it was a few years ago

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• "The Sidedness of IC2C is different, try inserting an Automation Upgrade using the Tool that looks a bit like :EC Meter:but with a wrench below it."

a regular generator doesn't have anywhere to add an automation upgrade...is why I don't think you understand my issue.

the vanilla hopper connection is probably the root of the change, I understand why it changed now. But it should be possible to make any side in or out.

Complex arrays of machines are more flexible when they can be arranged according to the desired function and not cobbled with a bunch of extra piping to satisfy an inflexible design.

• Greg the version he means is 1.7.10.

Anything below version 1.3 (or offical 1.4) is not 1.10.2 and relies on the old system.

So dahnuguy. You pipe in fuels from the top because of hoppers and because immibis changed it so in the 1.6.4 version of IC2Classic.
    1.7.10 has some expansions to it but is still basically a port from Immibis 1.6.4 system with efficiency and bug fixes.

Basically rule of thum if sides don't work try the top.

Also after reading all this now. Whats exactly your problem since i personaly don't get it. (Its 1:40AM that maybe the issue)

Anyway sorry for that confusion and for the long delay. Speiger.

• Official Post

Essentially, Speiger isn't porting it to any more versions so the only activity is the occasional bug fix.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Jup 1.10.2 is the last version with IC2Classic.

The mod served its purpose and now i am doing the next step.

(Also there isnt a lot of updates because the mod is so stable that it doesn't get many bugreports for that mc version)

• What's the next step? Because i'd rather use IC2-Classic over IC2 "Experimental" any day. Only, every day is 1.12.2 and IC2c isn't.

Why is IC2 still called "experimental" and not just go IC3. People are gonna get the wrong impression thinking IC2X has anything to do with the original IC2.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• What's the next step? Because i'd rather use IC2-Classic over IC2 "Experimental" any day. Only, every day is 1.12.2 and IC2c isn't.

Well really i don't have a interest to continue updating it.

The purpose of this mod was to teach me programming in a big project and also to show the IC2 Team how to do it properly.

I freely admit that.

Now the next step is my own game and i already work on my own engine.

Since I am not allowed to share the IC2 source i wont be able to make a team who maintains the mod for me. So yeah that option is also out of the window.

• Official Post

Elo got midway through a port then abandoned it all when Microsoft bought Minecraft in a kind of final straw moment. Speiger hasn't even contemplated beginning the port.

But equally, there were mods that aimed to replace the bits of Redpower people wanted, so I wouldn't dismiss the concept as completely over.

I see this too much.

• Well chocohead there is just one tiny problem. With the release of IC2Classic on curse player said they would not support any offspring of IC2 anymore. Aka i would cause that no other IC2C project would be allowed. (Offically at least)

And i don't fully pull an Eloraam.

As Chocohead said Eloraam stopped mid development. IC2C was ported and at its release it was told this is also the last version of it.
    So your statement of not beginning is partly wrong. I finalized the last version and it was well known that this was going to be then end.

And i don't plan to make my own voxel game. Nope mine is a 2D (with 3D view) game.
    From look you can compare it to a simcity/banished.
    Gameplay completly different.