► Gult's Gorge - 1.6.4 Free2Play | HOSTED | NO WHITELIST | Buycraft | Teamspeak ATLAUNCHER EASY INSTALL IC2, PROJECT RED, Buildcraft, Forestry, Applied Energistics, Bibliocraft, Binnies mod, Compact solars,Extra Cells, Gregtech, IC2 Nuclear Controls,

• I'm requesting a ban/temp ban/jailing of kb3ugf.

This afternoon, the server was being VERY laggy and mason1370 and I went to investigate. After much laggy exploring, we discovered the source of the lag to be kb3ugf's house. When we went inside, we found a CHUNKLOADER and an OVERFLOWING COBBLESTONE GENERATOR.

Even worse, this is the SECOND TIME kb3ugf has been caught the source of lag. Two nights ago mason and I found the same overflowing cobble generator and chunkloader!!! We left him a warning sign, which is still up on his wall today.

I have multiple screenshots of these offenses and would gladly share them as proof.

Thanks!

Edit: amaromarn came on the server and left another warning sign and banned kb3ugf from cobble generators

• Hello,
    I was wondering if the server could get this mod: MOD :Wrench: :Wrench:

It gets rid of the chance of losing something when you wrench it.
    I hate the fact that sometimes I will lose my solars and I'm pretty sure everyone else hates it too.
    Just a suggestion.
    -Fund

:thumbup: This is my signature. Yup. That's it.

• Well I got a friend to help me out and he says my stuff is correct so I guess I can try comeing back and any gliches il tell an admin/pmod and hope it can get sorted out

And on a sidenote before BC wouldn't work in SP now it does so my friend fixed something

• i admire your persistance you do have all the right versions of the mods but you are one of the unlucky few who get the crash plz follow the instructions for putting one of the mods in your jar i belive it is mentioned which one has the issue in the origional post

• Hi.

IGN: Hao1706

I want to join the server because I have tried to find a IC/BC server for many month. I have played IC before, so I got the experience.

• So, I tried to join and I MC just froze. =/

Does it have to deal with
    this?

Code
    # RedPower 2 Configuration
    blocks {
    	array.array.id=128
    	base {
        	appliance.id=117
        	microblock.id=116
    	}

• Well... seems the following post was a bit to much. It was brought to my attention that it has a more accusatory tone to it, rather than a constructive one, thus I have hidden it. I was a bit on the grumpy side at the time of writing. I will not erase it, as it covers some good points. If you wish to read it you may, but it is your choice. Do not get angry or overly frustrated with me, I hid it for a reason. If you read it that's your choice and I'm not dealing with any fallout from it. (bottom of post)

Alright, I'm gonna go over a few points about the server that I believe could be improved. I am not claiming to be an expert at running servers, but I am extremely far from noobish. I have had a significant amount of experience with griefers, server operations, server setup and configuration, and bukkit plugins.

The main focus of this entire post is to go over griefing and the risk it is posing to the server, the lack of measures to prevent any major disasters and what can be done about it.
    To start off I'm gonna refer you to a couple youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTTkrS-o6OQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0UmBtIXXg

Alright. From the two video's above you can get a small idea about what can happen to the server. Now those are guys who only play to griefe, i suppose you could call them professionals. There are tons of small teams like that, not to mention the single players who know how and when to do the most damage (the not so long ago bombing of two large areas?)

Griefer abilities-
    --Insta-break (instantly breaking blocks)
    --Name spoofing (name banning is useless)
    --IP Proxies (ip banning is useless)
    --God-Mode (kill? lawl)
    --Invisible (cant see them, or their name, good luck banning them)
    --Nuking (breaking all blocks of a similar type within a certain radius)
    --chat spamming
    --Build Hacking (placing many blocks at once)
    --Kill Aura (kills anything within a certain radius of the player)
    ..... and so many more

The things they can do to you and your server in its current state-
    -Burn all the forests down (destroyed landscape, and lags/crashed server) (permanent damage)
    -Destroy houses and buildings instantly (semi-permanent)
    -Burn houses and building to the ground (semi-permanent)
    -Nuke(IDC2) and tnt the landscape (permanent damage)
    -Steal all items (permanent damage)
    -Destroy all chest and their contents (permanent damage)
    -place clocks everywhere
    They can do all this and more and get away with it with none knowing any better.

The server can be completely ruined along with the playing experience of everyone on it.

The measures that are not being taken to prevent the server from being griefed-

-There is no block logging and rollback system (as far as i know)
    -There is no area protection system (worldguard doesn't count, since it is only usable and editable by admins and the like)
    -There are backups but not frequent enough to prevent massive rollbacks
    -Fire-Spread is not disabled
    -There is no proper chest-protection system in place. (lockette doesn't count, since the chests are still surprisingly easy to get into, they are also destroyed in explosions)

What can be done to protect the server and its players-

- block logging, to identify general griefers and rollback their damage. Plugins- HawkEye, BigBrother, Logblock. Any one of those 3 will do the job.
    -Area protection. Allows players to protect their time investments to the server without having to rely on moderators/admins willingness to protect them. Recommended plugin- Residance (it has immense configurations, so don't worry about it not doing something)

-Backups, more frequent backups to prevent massive rollbacks.

-Fire-spread. I need not go into why this is bad. Fix- Go to your worldguard config and turn it off.

-Chest protection. This is a big one. People keep everything they have in chests they believe to be secure. If their house gets blown up, a creeper comes to close, some Joe wants those diamonds, they are screwed. Fix- A Block logging plugin as mentioned above (loggs chests as well) and a chest protection plugin. Recommended plugin- LWC

I implore you. Please take this into strong consideration. If you wish to become more popular you will need to change a few systems, also take into account the more popular you get the more exposed you are.

Server Lag-

-This is another thing that will affect your ability to become more popular.
    Here are a couple suggestions

-Get a new server (I am currently offering)

Use java parameters.
    You can add java run parameters. This will greatly boost your servers performance- The Xms, Xmn, and Xmx you need to change according to how much RAM you have. The following are my parameters for my server.

Code
    : -Xms2048M –Xmn2048M –Xmx12288M -Xss768k -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=140 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=72 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseFastEmptyMethods -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+DisableExplicitGC –d64 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=250 -XX:SurvivorRatio=24 -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -Xnoclassgc

Info on Xms, Xmn, XmX, Xss- http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/performance/jvm-tuning.xtp

that should give you a significant and noticeable performance boosts.

EDIT: I love the server to much. playing -_-

• I'm confused do I need to send in a Whitelist app if so

IGN:riv991
    Why should you accept me? You should accept because I spent all afternoon installing the mods manually, also I've used the technic pack before so I understand how it works, so yeah please pick me

• Soviet you have been temp banned for 2 days. Player Moderators are there to help people and you have no right to tell them off.
    After 2 days your free to log in and play but i suggest you change your attitude

• servers back up. Some kind of a strange player loop error. Anyway its working. Also to answer a previous post, we DO have rollback capabilities on the server and have rollbacked the server due to griefing many times however we only do a save every 2 to 3 hours. they are scheduled and no we won't change the schedule so don't ask.

“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
    The Eleventh Doctor

• could lev para tell me why i lost playermod i am just asking because i have no idea why MinecraftSkeleton

u poked me but i poked back
    with a golden wrench MinecraftSheep <is my sig

• Servers back up again. Issue with trade-o-mats. Its been corrected however trade-o-mats are a banned item. They are conflicting with another MOD or were badly ported.

“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
    The Eleventh Doctor

• seems to be working killspammer, I just logged in.

The Eleventh Doctor