► Gult's Gorge - 1.6.4 Free2Play | HOSTED | NO WHITELIST | Buycraft | Teamspeak ATLAUNCHER EASY INSTALL IC2, PROJECT RED, Buildcraft, Forestry, Applied Energistics, Bibliocraft, Binnies mod, Compact solars,Extra Cells, Gregtech, IC2 Nuclear Controls,

• Chunkloaders are banned, tp pipes are off so are block breakers (meaning they are uncraftable), and as for the stoplag; I warn people unless its so bad its lagging up so much I can't put in a warning.

Edit: Pg 55?! Forum Forum Forum! lololol come on lev make it official, make an account! ;p

Pretty pretty please?

:thumbup: This is my signature. Yup. That's it.

• If we use it can u add me and para as an admin so if you happen god forbid to stop playing tye forum can still be active. Love the forum though you did a great job. ;)

I have made it clear a warning should be given but lag right now is still at a all time high also charter supervisor called back and I will have my 4 th technician out tomorrow.

• If we use it can u add me and para as an admin so if you happen god forbid to stop playing tye forum can still be active. Love the forum though you did a great job. ;)

I have made it clear a warning should be given but lag right now is still at a all time high also charter supervisor called back and I will have my 4 th technician out tomorrow.

The Lasers worked.

No need to (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Time to ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

• as your isp narrowed down the problem ?

not sure how to ask this without 100% causing insult so i just will. why have u not moved server to a hosting service ?

i really like you lot on this server and really want to donate to help etc but tbh the downtime is putting me off.

just my views but i think the server be better on a small hosting service

• Hosting services cost money, and for the type of equipment that Lev is running, quite a bit of it. That would be an extra expense on top of all of his current bills (since he's paying for internet anyway), and I'm quite sure that whatever donations he got, even if we all gave something to him as a thank you, would cover no more than a month or two of hosting service, after which it'd be coming out of his own pocket.

Not to mention, if something goes wrong, he has direct access to the server to fix it himself, whereas on a hosting service if a piece of hardware fries, he'd have to wait for the service to fix it. If the system hangs and locks up and stops responding to input entirely, right now he can manually shut the box down and restart it...with a hosting service, it might be down for hours, possibly even days depending on how closely they monitor the systems, before anyone even notices it.

There's other factors involved too, but those are the two biggest ones I could think of off the top of my head. Once his internet situation gets resolved, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

• Hosting services cost money, and for the type of equipment that Lev is running, quite a bit of it. That would be an extra expense on top of all of his current bills (since he's paying for internet anyway), and I'm quite sure that whatever donations he got, even if we all gave something to him as a thank you, would cover no more than a month or two of hosting service, after which it'd be coming out of his own pocket.

Not to mention, if something goes wrong, he has direct access to the server to fix it himself, whereas on a hosting service if a piece of hardware fries, he'd have to wait for the service to fix it. If the system hangs and locks up and stops responding to input entirely, right now he can manually shut the box down and restart it...with a hosting service, it might be down for hours, possibly even days depending on how closely they monitor the systems, before anyone even notices it.

There's other factors involved too, but those are the two biggest ones I could think of off the top of my head. Once his internet situation gets resolved, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

^ This. Hosting services are good, but i'm 100% sure that a hosting company would charge nearly the same as he's paying for his internet just for the box, and on the bright side it's an excuse for Levint to have awesomesauce internet at his house.

• Best way to host linux box these days is in the cloud, amazon aws is best for money and uptime. If server fails you can boot up new one (with backup) in like 5 min, problem is its not cheap. For work I run like 15 servers this way, it costs around $60 a month a box, cheaper if pay year in advance. There are cheaper options, but they are all in and about same price range, which would in my humble guess change server to a pay server, which would set cost like $5/month per person.

• tlec grow a set and say out straint if u think im cheating not "i know how they make them why u can't" bullshit

incase you didn't know alot of things are fucked up and calling me a cheater just because i somehow made tin gears from tin ingots and then going all hush and refusing to back up for claim then some crap about a chunkloader was done same way .

what ever prove to me and everyone i cheated 100% by the way u won't as i havn't .

• We wont go to a hosting site for the server mostly because the only way to be sustainable as a server at that point would be to become a pay to play server which isn't going to happen. I would shut it down before making it a pay server. I understand the server going down is frustrating...how do you think we feel? If your not happy with us there are plenty of other servers to play on.

“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
    The Eleventh Doctor

• tlec grow a set and say out straint if u think im cheating not "i know how they make them why u can't" bullshit

incase you didn't know alot of things are fucked up and calling me a cheater just because i somehow made tin gears from tin ingots and then going all hush and refusing to back up for claim then some crap about a chunkloader was done same way .

what ever prove to me and everyone i cheated 100% by the way u won't as i havn't .

For the last time, I never said that you cheated, I stated that they were somehow disabled, and that the recipe with Tin Cells that use the Tin ingots has somehow changed and now creates the Tin gears. Levin-t said he was going to look into it.

Damn, I have said this at least seven times.

• We wont go to a hosting site for the server mostly because the only way to be sustainable as a server at that point would be to become a pay to play server which isn't going to happen. I would shut it down before making it a pay server. I understand the server going down is frustrating...how do you think we feel? If your not happy with us there are plenty of other servers to play on.

Exactamundo. For being a free server, the Gorge is actually doing pretty decently, even taking into account crashes and lag, and the admins are spending their own time (and money!) trying to make it better for us. Think about it a bit before you complain too much about crashes and lag and downtime...Lev takes donations for the server, but he doesn't make any of us pay anything for it. The connection, the box, the issues with the technicians and all of the other headaches that come with running a server...he's paying for it all. For you.

• I am not complaining at all, I also enjoy the server, I was just trying to layout what it would take to go to a hosted server

Exactamundo. For being a free server, the Gorge is actually doing pretty decently, even taking into account crashes and lag, and the admins are spending their own time (and money!) trying to make it better for us. Think about it a bit before you complain too much about crashes and lag and downtime...Lev takes donations for the server, but he doesn't make any of us pay anything for it. The connection, the box, the issues with the technicians and all of the other headaches that come with running a server...he's paying for it all. For you.

• Exactamundo. For being a free server, the Gorge is actually doing pretty decently, even taking into account crashes and lag, and the admins are spending their own time (and money!) trying to make it better for us. Think about it a bit before you complain too much about crashes and lag and downtime...Lev takes donations for the server, but he doesn't make any of us pay anything for it. The connection, the box, the issues with the technicians and all of the other headaches that come with running a server...he's paying for it all. For you.

Beautifully said.

• My wife thinks I'm having an affair with the cable guy he keeps spending hours at the house and nothing is getting fixed. Al seriousness they found the issue the have an array of line amplifiers that under load are going off frequency and adding noise to the signal on the upload channel the crew is working hard they said to fix the issue by tommorow but have yet to identify all the failed line amps and may need more time to resolve the issue they promised this will be fixed by Monday no matter what and gave me another $9 service credit... Ya? So god willing this server will be back to normal this weekend and if possible I want to get 1.1 installed but no cart before the horse
    :(

• My wife thinks I'm having an affair with the cable guy he keeps spending hours at the house and nothing is getting fixed. Al seriousness they found the issue the have an array of line amplifiers that under load are going off frequency and adding noise to the signal on the upload channel the crew is working hard they said to fix the issue by tommorow but have yet to identify all the failed line amps and may need more time to resolve the issue they promised this will be fixed by Monday no matter what and gave me another $9 service credit... Ya? So god willing this server will be back to normal this weekend and if possible I want to get 1.1 installed but no cart before the horse
    :(

Quickly, hide the cable man, and grab the tables. Every time that I don't have school the server seems to have more issues. I think I am a bad-luck charm.

• For anything close to being able to handle our needs 10gb of backups and a modloader server cheapest I have found on basic ram handles 15 users was 14.99 a month I would be forced to go to a paid server and as para stated rather just not host one free or nothing I don't do this for money I do it because I enjoy the company we play with and the excuse to have premium Internet on top of loving the practice of my networking in 4 months I have learned more about networking then I ever knew I didn't know. Glad you like the server but I too am bummed about it being out but for me it involves more then minecraft I can't even watch Netflix I get no service outside my phone.

• For anything close to being able to handle our needs 10gb of backups and a modloader server cheapest I have found on basic ram handles 15 users was 14.99 a month I would be forced to go to a paid server and as para stated rather just not host one free or nothing I don't do this for money I do it because I enjoy the company we play with and the excuse to have premium Internet on top of loving the practice of my networking in 4 months I have learned more about networking then I ever knew I didn't know. Glad you like the server but I too am bummed about it being out but for me it involves more then minecraft I can't even watch Netflix I get no service outside my phone.

Server seems like it's going to die out for the night here soon... Oh well... Also, it would be extremely expensive to get the support that you can do yourself with the server.