Canning Food in Solid and Fluid/Solid Canning Machines

• Playing the latest IC2 for 1.11, I have for the first time started trying to can food automatically and have run into some severe issues. Not bugs, per say, but rather "features" that make the process really annoying. For any who don't know, the canning machines will not allow in more than one empty tin can if the machine already has food in it that requires more than one tin can (like potatoes, which need 6 tin cans). Furthermore if there are already tin cans in the machine and food in the machine, but not enough tin cans, it will export the food if automated to do so (such as with ejector upgrades or buildcraft pipes). This leads to the problem where you cannot effectively automate the machines unless you have the ability to send exact amounts of both food and tin cans.

So the suggestion I make here is, do not export food from the imput slots at all, and allow tin cans to be put in when there is already food in the canning machines.

• It used a pulling upgrade to pull baked potatoes from the electric furnace behind it and empty tin cans from the dropper below it. The wooden pipe was used to extract full tin cans. However, as mentioned above, if there were less than six tin cans (the amount needed for canning baked potatoes), then the wooden pipe would start pulling out potatoes. Also if there were potatoes in the canning machine, it would allow only one tin can into it. This setup uses a Solid canning machine, but in a test world, I tried other designs. Such as using a Fluid/Solid Canning Machine, or giving it an ejector upgrade to eject the full tin cans into a buffer, with the same results.

Is this sufficient, or do you need more?

Thank you for your time.