[Addon v1.112]AdvGenerators²v3.3.0-New Toys!!!

• Wood gasificater is out! Trying it out now!

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Really interested in the gas generator, we have such things in sweden and it sure hell would be fun to play around with in minecraft too, keep up the good work! :D

• yeah, I use to work at a co-gen plant that burned biomass fuel in a boiler for steam turbine/electrical output. Boiler had a fluidized bed.

Anyways, added this to my mods folder, took out the older version, left the older version config file in the config folder, got a crash, modloader complained about block id conflict with advanced miner that i had already set. Deleted the old config, new config generated, but no place to change the block id's that I can find. This has also appeared with the update on addtionalpipes rv29.

Does the gassification burner take up two block id's, I had to give up two block id's for this new update, not including the advanced miner.

• Just tried out the gasificater. Is it possible to have to heat it up first? Because the process demands the environment be at a high heat before gasification can occur. And how do you plan to implement the extraction of the wood gas?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• a531: yes sry it uses 2 block id's one for off and one for on, no way to fix that, and as for the messed up config file, minecraftforge's config file is really tempermental, one minute it works and then i change something completely unrelated and suddenly it doesn't

sirbrandino: you will extract it and then can it into fuel cans the same as biofuel, i was thinking of having a heating up system but then it would be impractical

• Just tried out the advanced miner, and I hooked it up to medium voltage( ~128 ) and I got a saving chunks crash, give me a sec, I'll get the error log.

EDIT: Did some more tests, it blows up when I give it medium voltage when the miner is EMPTY, but if I put a diamond drill, 64 mining pipes and an OV scanner, and then hook it up to med. volt., it crashes.

• Like I said it exploded without anything inside it, but crashed when I put a Diamond Drill :OD Scanner: and :Mining Pipe

• a531: yes sry it uses 2 block id's one for off and one for on, no way to fix that, and as for the messed up config file, minecraftforge's config file is really tempermental, one minute it works and then i change something completely unrelated and suddenly it doesn't

props to you guys for making these great addons with what you have to work with.

• @ the nuke crowd.

Molten salt =! Thorium (necessarily)

Liquid sodium reactors are really just modified PWR's with a different coolant/moderation system but the same U fuel. We tried them in the navy and found for ships it was an epic PITA because of the cooldown time required to get the plant down to a point that you could walk away from it. Can't speak to the commercial world.

Thorium Rx's are BREEDERS. They make fuel. They may or may not be done with sodium/water cooling systems. Since my nuclear education is 100% PWR, I'll say no more on them than that for IC mod purposes, it would be EPIC to have a more complex fuel cycle.

Another idea to throw out that's mentioned a time or two is enrichment of the existing Uranium.

Going from U ore to U fuel cells would realistically require Heavy water coolant, not these ordinary tap-water cooling cells used in vanilla IC. There should be a machine (centrifuge, gaseous diffuser, call it whatever you want) that turns U ore or dust to Enriched U which then makes enriched cells that can be loaded in. that or an isotopic separator like the one in Rocket Science that produceds heavy water coolant cells for use with unenriched U.

As usual I'll throw in my plug that what really matters in these puppies is coolant pressure/temperature and flow, as well as poison loading.

• How about changing 'Wood Gasificator' to Methane Trapper? That's basically the process you are wanting to do here, and kinda makes more sense, lol... and you can add Coal and Oil to the list of Methane captures to increase the amount of 'fuel' you can get from those sources as well...

Very excited to see what you are going to do with Adv. Water/Geo Generation... :D

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• It is not trapping just methane, but carbon monoxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, and several other chemicals.
    besides, who wants a "methane trapper" (Designed to be spoken with a voice mid-poop) when you can have a "WOOD GASIFICATER!" (Designed to be spoken with a large and booming deep voice.)

• It is not trapping just methane, but carbon monoxide, hydrogen, nitrogen, and several other chemicals.
    besides, who wants a "methane trapper" (Designed to be spoken with a voice mid-poop) when you can have a "WOOD GASIFICATER!" (Designed to be spoken with a large and booming deep voice.)

Soo... you can extend your Oil and Coal reserves as they break down to similar compounds as the process above does? At base, Coal and Oil share the same carbon chaining as organic matter, but the chains are much much longer and thicker in length, thus netting you a higher gas yield by breaking these chains down instead of just relying on 'grown carbon' by itself. Therefore, you'd get a greater yield of 'gas energy' from fossil fuels, and thus wouldn't need to find so much of it on maps for chemical power...

Edit: Idc about the name... just the fossil fuel option, lol..

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Nice, not sure how much I'll use the new miner (I tend to strip mine) though the Wood Gasificator is going to be quite fun to have around since I tend to use lots of charcoal to power my generators (solars tend to be a backup power supply for me)
    Now when I make my charcoal I'll be working on a 2nd power supply too! *laughs manically*

• also just a heads up everyone, you will be able to burn compressed plant balls in the wood gasificator to get wood gas and seeds,

seeds?!

yes seeds because I needed a inexpensive, equivalent cost item

but why not nothing?

because then I would have had to totally rewrite a big amount of code followed by a day or two of debugging/testing

If someone can think of a better item I will change it, but until then, seeds