[CLOSED][1.2.5][IC2 v1.103] ExpHC: Hardcore Post-Apocalyptic [PvP] •IC2•GraviSuite•MFFS•CompactSolars•NuclearControl•ChargingBench•SeedManager•Berries++•ExperiMint• Buildcraft•RedPower•Forestry•Railcraft•SmartMoving•Trees++•Mo' Creatures•WeaponMod•Helicop

• Can my sisters and I join your server our IGNs are softball2002, explosion25 and sowersnc0298. I can help them with the mods once you give them to me.

• I applied a long time ago and seemingly did not come online.
    This was because for me only 2-3 chunks would load and that there was a severe delay. I was guessing this was because of the ping between US and EU.

Other that that i'm sure you will find a nice experience.

Hmm, maybe.. the server is hosted on the west coast USA, but it has a gigabit uplink directly to InterNAP; I suppose connecting from EU would be slower but would not expect it to be severely slow. Anyone else seeing this problem? Maybe it could be a graphical glitch, some players have problems using the various editions of Optifine and have better luck with other editions or graphical settings, but I don't know. Sorry it didn't work out well for you :(.

IGN: MythicLich

Whitelisted, sent you setup instructions on reddit.

Can my sisters and I join your server our IGNs are softball2002, explosion25 and sowersnc0298. I can help them with the mods once you give them to me.

Sure thing, whitelisted everyone and sent setup instructions.

• I'm really liking this server so far, I've got a good setup going with (finally) a THX helicopter safely hidden away, but the people on here are practically impossible to find. I took my helicopter out for its first spin and over the course of the next hour I only found evidence of people having been at places like 10 different times, but never anything close to a base, and I had to end my journey with just an electric jetpack, a generator, and some leather I found near a suspiciously nuclear-sized hole. That being said it definitely lives up to its name of being hardcore as that death ban ensures every death is like stepping into lava, I just wish the craters would regenerate from the miner apocalypse plugin as I joined way too late to experience those

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• i love your server but can u please get rid of realistic chat because it gets boreing when u cant talk to anyone because everyone is to far away

• IGN: m157

Looks like a awesome server, would like to join

*My Friends
    IGN: Mrawsome2244
    IGN: justin0909

Hai Shinyray ^_^/)
    Hai Rebornneo ^_^/)

Edited once, last by m157: *thought my friends might wanna join, gettin them in now ().

• (Installing ALL those mods will be a pain, so can you give me a modpack or something like?)

That's what I thought too, but it turns out installation is actually really easy

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• not really hard, but very time consuming i think.

What I meant by that is that there is a pack given through PM. Also, has Fissile Material been turned off? I can't seem to smelt snow blocks

• Official Post

What I meant by that is that there is a pack given through PM. Also, has Fissile Material been turned off? I can't seem to smelt snow blocks

Much better then ^^, installing modpacks is as easy as exploding a nuke SSP with NEI.
    Now just have to wait for mushroomhostage approval

• IGN:Vipm
    Would like to join, however I updated to 1.3.1 already. :( Mind helping?

Also, is there a possibility of adding nerdboy64's Simpleguns? Mostly to expand the arsenal. I like sniping.
    Adding biplanes would be nice too.

• I'm really liking this server so far, I've got a good setup going with (finally) a THX helicopter safely hidden away, but the people on here are practically impossible to find. I took my helicopter out for its first spin and over the course of the next hour I only found evidence of people having been at places like 10 different times, but never anything close to a base, and I had to end my journey with just an electric jetpack, a generator, and some leather I found near a suspiciously nuclear-sized hole.

There's been several raided bases or other player interactions I know of.. you may try a faster vehicle to cover more area and have more luck. The helicopter is fairly slow, may be worth trying the hot air balloon, a gravitation suite, or even just running with quantum armor you can cover a lot of ground quickly. Or maybe most players have just gotten smart about building more secretive bases :).

That being said it definitely lives up to its name of being hardcore as that death ban ensures every death is like stepping into lava, I just wish the craters would regenerate from the miner apocalypse plugin as I joined way too late to experience those

Well the craters are not much to miss, the fallout shelters are where its at. They have a chance to contain rare items found nowhere else, including custom potions and special enchantment effects, among other items from various mods and addons. Many have been found, but there are 862 total generated on the map, I think there's still plenty to be raided. You can recognize them by a solitary trapdoor on the surface leading down a ladder to a vault of reinforced stone.

i love your server but can u please get rid of realistic chat because it gets boreing when u cant talk to anyone because everyone is to far away

Could but its one of the main themes behind this server, "apocalyptic" in the sense of random spawn + local chat. Check out this video to get an idea of what I was going for: Solitude (Minecraft Short Film). Essentially, you spawn in a random location most likely away from anyone else to simulate survival on your own after an cataclysmic event – it starts out similar to SSP, except with the added risk (or reward) of finding new players or other player-created structures.

There are many things you can do if you want to talk to other players, however. You could setup a radio beacon constantly transmitting a message to help other players find you, or carry a mobile radio to pick up anyone else's radio beacon signals and try to find their origin. RealisticChat also has several features for longer-range communication. You can yell very loudly (hey!!!!) to increase your range significantly, or use a bullhorn to increase the range in one direction, or wear an ear trumpet to increase your hearing range. To communicate even further away, you can use a walkie-talkie (shared channel, everyone talks on, as long as they are within range) or a smartphone (private communication, any range, as long as the other player picks up when you ring them).

Would like to join, however I updated to 1.3.1 already. :( Mind helping?

Sure, you can download the 1.2.5 minecraft.jar officially from Mojang at: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_2_5/minecraft.jar

Also, is there a possibility of adding nerdboy64's Simpleguns? Mostly to expand the arsenal. I like sniping.
    Adding biplanes would be nice too.

Unfortunately not likely for 1.2.5; not impossible but SimpleGuns requires ModLoaderMp so it'd have to be ported to Forge before porting to Bukkit (since I run Bukkit on ExpHC), and Flan's Mod (which has biplanes) isn't SMP for 1.2.5 (it was for 1.1, and I used it at that time on ExpHC). But I agree both of these mods look very cool, certainly something to keep an eye on. Meanwhile, though its not the same, THX Helicopter and Balkon's Weapon Mod are installed.

m157, SpwnX, BEBEBE112 - whitelisted and PM'd you all setup instructions.

• About the modpacks.
    Read the IC-release notes please.

If this is what you are talking about, it's not a modpack and no money is made off it, therefore it is completely within IC2's policy

• Could you whitelist my friends

Mrawsome2244
    justin0909
    2linkman

Ill install it for them

Hai Shinyray ^_^/)
    Hai Rebornneo ^_^/)

Edited once, last by m157 ().

• Oh this looks nice, I would like to join for derping and looting.

IGN: AlecWhite

Edit: a couple of friends wants to join too.

IGNs:

Retiblanc
    Hector_Mateo
    melomano

• You never answered my question, has fissile material been turned off?

• Crafter, I saw someone asking for a modpack, so I reacted, and about your post. Go re-read this piece of text please:

You may modify any or all of the content, but are NOT allowed to public any of it.
    As well, noone besides the author and persons elected by the author are allowed to provide any download links. Everyone else is NOT allowed to public any sort of download, though he/she may hand out links to this website/thread instead.

i was not talking about Mushroomhostage's Github, which is completely clean and only contains config files.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Added and sent setup instructions.

Hello can i join this awesome server?

IG Name: MCTG_Gavin

Added and sent setup instructions.

You never answered my question, has fissile material been turned off?

Yes, unfortunately, the only features of Cake's Miner Apocalypse still used on this server are the craters (just holes in the ground) and (heavily customized) fallout shelters.. there were some stability/performance problems with the other features, fissile material which can be used to create dirty bombs for example would create radiation, which the plugin implemented by applying the radioactivity effect each time the player moved. But I think fallout shelters are the best feature of the plugin anyways :)